Success after twins??? Anyone??

Options

Replies

• Masterchef2000
    Masterchef2000 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    It's genetics as well. I had twins who both passed after birth but I looked the same as before in about a month. My mother was the same after she had her kids (no twins though) . When I had a single baby, I looked like I didn't even have kids in about 8 days. It's just the way our bodies work in my family. I didn't have any stretch marks except for 2 on my stomach until I got fat about 4 years ago. Now I have more stretch marks than I did when I was pregnant. :-/ Go figure. Anyway, fat can be lost but skin can only be so elastic (and that all comes from genetics). Do you have anyone in the near family whose had twins or has lost a decent amount of weight? If so, look at them and you might get an idea of what your skin might do. I wanted to add that I read recently that it can take up to about 2 years for skin to get as tight as it will after you lose weight or have a baby.
  • ChaoticMum
    ChaoticMum Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I am a mum of 5, my twins being the youngest and 2.5yrs old. I was at my healthiest when I got pregnant with them, and weighed 5lb more than I do now because I was toned with muscle. I have no more twin skin than I did after the first three. It's only been the last mth that I have started being able to put the effort in and I hope to see results soon.
  • cincymomof3
    cincymomof3 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    It will get better!! I promise! Hang in there. I had twins almost 5 years ago and i remember thinking the same thing. I kept hearing in my head and being reminded of "it took me 9 months to get this way, it will take me 9 months to be back to normal." Not even!! It took much longer. I started working out like a maniac as soon as i got the o.k from the Dr. and I lost the weight super fast but the loose skin took much longer to resemble what it once did. Don't be discouraged, there IS hope! Keep exercising and taking care of you. :happy:

You had the loose or wrinkly skin at one point? If yes, your stomach is huge encouragement. You look fantastic!
  • KikiFraser
    Options
    I am a twin! Haha, my mom got back in shape, she's an avid walker, takes the dog for a walk at least once a day if not twice and also does pilates about 2/week. I am 21 and she's always been really in to walking, I would put up a picture here if she let me lol.
    Good Luck and congrats on the twins!
  • cincymomof3
    Options
    My boys are 6 now, and I don't think I even remotely took getting back into shape seriously until they turned three. I was 60" around the day before giving birth and had a c-section. I started going to the YMCA when they turned three and spent about a year doing mostly cardio and not losing or tightening much. Then I started weight training with less cardio and started seeing better results. The third time we moved ( military..gotta love how it switches up your routine!) I knew a gym membership wasn't going to fit for me so I started p90x at home ( don't worry...I'm not a coach and am not selling anything!) and saw great results. Did several rounds and am now in the midst of round 1 of P90x2.

Long story long...lift weights...keep at it...and it is possible to do it all at home!

Just post pregnancy weight: 170 lbs
    Current weight: between 134-136 lbs.
    Current goal : build muscle and then cut to 130

You look AMAZING! I have been searching for an at home program that would give me muscles. I'll have to look into p90x!
  • cincymomof3
    Options
    See my profile pic? Well, now go check my "before" pic (at www.FabulouslyDomestic.com/about) where I had a 54"-across stomach with twins weighing 7 and 8 pounds each and was a brutal 205 pounds!! Your quest for a flat tummy IS possible!

But here's the real truth -- the only way you will truly get a flat stomach and a rockin' six-pack is to lose so much weight that people think you're crazy. In order for me to really get rid of that nagging fat sitting around the c-section area, I had to drop my body fat % to so low that my mother was ready to tie me down and force-feed me straight butter.

Now that said, I was SMART about how I lost the weight. I didn't crash diet, cleanse, or anything like that. I worked out HARD and intense -- no 1-hour sessions slogging away on stupid cardio equipment...just massively intense strength-conditioning workouts including kettlebell, weights, and plyometrics. I got really smart about what I ate -- whole foods, clean foods, unprocessed foods. View my diary and you'll see what I mean by that.

**disclaimer** If you see cheat foods in my diary now, just be aware that those are indulgences I can get away with now that I'm at my maintenance mode. While I was losing the weight, I didn't have those!! I was strict -- for about 6 months.

You also look AMAZING! There had to be some loose skin after carrying that belly right?
  • cincymomof3
    Options
    I didn't mean to hijack your thread, but I have been wondering the same thing. I have 2 yr old twins. I am only 6 lbs away from my pre-twin weight, but my stomach looks terrible. The skin is loose, my abs are still split (diastasis?) and I have some wrinkling. :(

I am desperately hoping the gals with awesome abs in their profile pics were at one point like this???
  • GretelPetal91
    Options
    My sister has 18month old twins and a 3 year old!
    a few months ago she started going to the gym and training for a 7k run that will be held in support of breast cancer research. Now she is in even better shape than she was before having children and is still getting better!
  • GretelPetal91
    Options
    Also in Australia they offer a tummy tuck to people who have had children and plan to have no more.
  • sonpari24
    sonpari24 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My story tool...I m working on it n I knw v can make it
  • torri106
    torri106 Posts: 17
    Options
    im wondering the same thing. My twins are 8 months old. Im only 5'1" and made to 36weeks. I still look 4 months pregnant (im only gained 22lbs with them and im 5 pounds under pre preggo weight). I need to step up the ab workouts. Im not expecting miracles but i dont want people to keep asking me "when are you due?"

i was 154 the day of my ET and 176 when i delivered them...right now im149 goaL is 120.
  • cincymomof3
    Options
    Also in Australia they offer a tummy tuck to people who have had children and plan to have no more.

I'm moving to Australia if I can't get of mine! :)
  • chrtyA
    chrtyA Posts: 39
    Options
    Well my twins will be 12 months this month. Still have 20+ pounds to lose. I carried them to 39 weeks ( over 13 pounds of baby) and was active my entire pregnancy including running till 19 weeks and walking miles till the day I gave birth and still gained a total of 68 pounds. I got back running 5 weeks postpartum. Now time to kick it up a notch I am ready to lose weight. Would love some friend support from other moms of twins on here :)
  • jennieb75
    jennieb75 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Another twin mama here! My boys will be 1 next week and I finally got off my butt 2 months ago. Down 15 lbs so far! I gained 55lbs with them and I was already 25lbs over my ideal weight when I got pregnant. So I maxed out at 220lbs and then dropped 28 in the first month. :-(. But I say 9 months on, 18 months off! Haha! I was lucky to have no stretch marks or bad twin skin... I just plumped out allll over.
    Good luck to all you ladies... If anyone wants extra support (especially from someone in the same situation) feel free to add me!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I have 4 year old twin boys. I've been able to get back into shape. I do still have a bit of a "pooch" but it's nothing to write home about. It's not bad at all, and it's getting smaller & smaller. I suggest lifting weights. It did wonders for me.
  • feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Another twin mama here! My boys will be 1 next week and I finally got off my butt 2 months ago. Down 15 lbs so far! I gained 55lbs with them and I was already 25lbs over my ideal weight when I got pregnant. So I maxed out at 220lbs and then dropped 28 in the first month. :-(. But I say 9 months on, 18 months off! Haha! I was lucky to have no stretch marks or bad twin skin... I just plumped out allll over.
    Good luck to all you ladies... If anyone wants extra support (especially from someone in the same situation) feel free to add me!

Our stats are almost identical, except my boys turned 2 today! I'm back at ppw now, but that's at least 25-30lbs more than I should be!

My motivation these days sucks, so if anyone is looking for more friends, feel free to add me!
  • moonmistmm
    moonmistmm Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I don't have kids seeing as I'm too young (19), but I am a twin. My mom started out at around 155 before she got pregnant with us and topped out at 201. She's 5'8'' as well. I do know that she lost all her baby weight, but since that was 20 years ago now she's at around 160. She got down to 150 again using WW eight years ago, but it didn't stick.

I know that it is possible, but I don't know what to say about stomach skin. Personally, I know she has some loose skin there, but we were born vaginally, so it's just probably her age (mid-50s).

Good luck though!
  • Davelh1976
    Davelh1976 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have lost 113lbs after my wife had twins. Remember it is just as hard on the man as the woman!....Well not really.But my wife was bed ridden for months with twins and she became rather strected, however she has lost a great deal of weight and weighs less than she did before the twins!
  • CarrieStL
    CarrieStL Posts: 162 Member
    Options
  • Nikkilynn32710
    Nikkilynn32710 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Where to begin? lol. I had my first singleton when I was 18 years old. I gained 55lbs with her and was over 200lbs when I delivered. When she was 9 months old I got pregnant with my second singleton. I gained the recommended amount of weight with him 30lb. Then when he turned 2 I got pregnant with my twin girls. I carried them until they were 36 weeks gestation. I was over 223lbs day of delivery. I had them via c-section b/c one of them were breech. Twin A weighed 5lbs even and twin b was 6lb even. I will never get my "pre-baby" body back b/c well quite frankly I have hips now. Before I had a "boyish" figure with no hips at all to BAM hips as wide as a MAC truck. I'm smaller now than I was in high school by about 25lbs. My height hasn't increased and i actually dropped a cup size in my bra but whatever I'm getting a boob job eventually lol. Ok here are my pictures.....

l.jpg
    this was the night before my scheduled c-section with my twins...

23641_110603812306497_5921077_n.jpg
    4 months PP from twins and about 6 months before I got serious with my weight loss. I was 180lb give or take a few.

iphonepics091.jpg
    you can clearly see my problem areas but it does get better if only I can get off my *kitten* and get back into it. I've been in a slump for the last three months

iphonepics068.jpg
    and this is proof that i do actually have twins haha. They will be 3 next friday! :)

Its a long process. I would still like to lose another 3in off my hips if i can or even another 10lbs whatever happens first will be extra nice. I have been stuck at 142lbs for over a year and its getting annoying. Anyway, hope this helps!
    Oh yeah, I'm 5'4" and 25 yr old
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!