Favorite horror movies

Options
musicstardust67
musicstardust67 Posts: 299 Member
Not everyone likes them but what are some of your favorite horror movies??

A few of mine are: Stephen King's It (Im not afraid of clowns), pet semetary, scream, house on haunted hill (remake), the hitcher (original), I know what you did last summer lol, The Shining, Nightmare on Elm street, Halloween 1, 2, 4, 5 and the remake, the rage carrie 2, child's play 2, bride of chucky, Every jason movie except the 8th lol and jason goes to hell, house of wax (original).

And Evil Dead 2!

Replies

• patricknsmith
    patricknsmith Posts: 261 Member
    Options

A few of mine are: Stephen King's It (Im not afraid of clowns), pet semetary, scream, house on haunted hill (remake), the hitcher (original), I know what you did last summer lol, The Shining, Nightmare on Elm street, Halloween 1, 2, 4, 5 and the remake, the rage carrie 2, child's play 2, bride of chucky, Every jason movie except the 8th lol and jason goes to hell, house of wax (original).

And Evil Dead 2!

Wow, you excluded Jason Takes Manhattan and Jason Goes to Hell, but didn't exclude Jason X...Most people will take anything but Jason X.
    Anyway, here's a short list: All of the Friday the 13th movies, All of the Halloween movies, all Nightmare on Elm Street, Devil's Rejects, House of 1000 Corpses, the early Child's Play movies, the early Leprechaun movies, IT (I am afraid of clowns). I'm a huge horror fan so it would take far too long to list all the movies.
  • musicstardust67
    Options

And Evil Dead 2!

Wow, you excluded Jason Takes Manhattan and Jason Goes to Hell, but didn't exclude Jason X...Most people will take anything but Jason X.
    Anyway, here's a short list: All of the Friday the 13th movies, All of the Halloween movies, all Nightmare on Elm Street, Devil's Rejects, House of 1000 Corpses, the early Child's Play movies, the early Leprechaun movies, IT (I am afraid of clowns). I'm a huge horror fan so it would take far too long to list all the movies.

Yes the first leprechaun movie was good, Ya jason x was allright but it had hot characters so thats a plus for me lol.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Sadly, horror flicks took all the excitement out of them once I grew up (atleast thats what I tell myself)
  • SilverStrychnine
    SilverStrychnine Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I personally don't classify it as true "horror", though most people would, but I live and breathe the Saw series. I could go into much deeper detail, but suffice it to say that without the character of Jigsaw, and everything he stands for, I would not be here, trying to take better care of myself.
  • patricknsmith
    Options
    I personally don't classify it as true "horror", though most people would, but I live and breathe the Saw series. I could go into much deeper detail, but suffice it to say that without the character of Jigsaw, and everything he stands for, I would not be here, trying to take better care of myself.

I love the way they invented for him to be a villain. He is kind of the anti-villain. You may live or die, but you'll learn a lesson. The Saw series was the most innovative horror series to come out in a very long time.
  • musicstardust67
    Options
    I love saw!!!!!!!!
  • Jarnard
    Jarnard Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I love Horror/Thriller movies.

Halloween II
    Friday the 13th pt. 1 - 4 & 7
    Nightmare on Elm Street
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake
    High Tension
    Cujo
    Shining
  • SilverStrychnine
    Options

I love the way they invented for him to be a villain. He is kind of the anti-villain. You may live or die, but you'll learn a lesson. The Saw series was the most innovative horror series to come out in a very long time.

Yeah, he's actually the good guy, in a round-about, kinda messed up way.

~In Jigsaw I Trust~
  • Jarnard
    Jarnard Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    oooops. How can I forget:

Pet Cementary
    IT
    Killer Clowns From Outerspace
  • patricknsmith
    Options

Pet Cementary
    IT

Freakin clowns...I hate clowns...Yet I love horror movies that tend to utilize them more often than any other genre of film....
  • elcyclista
    Options
    The ring was ok, some parts I loled.

Saw is more of a suspense movie to me.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    Eden Lake is my favorite...

Followed by Saw if that counts...
  • grumpytroll
    grumpytroll Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I love scary films. IT is one of my favourites. I love Pennywise lol. The Shining is up there too. One Stephen King movie I cant watch is Carrie...Im freaked out by that crucifix and the whole religion thing behind it.
    Im not one for the gore films and Ive seen my fair share of them. Unfortunately my husand is a big girl and wont go to the cinema to see scary things with me lol
  • patricknsmith
    Options
    Eden Lake is my favorite...

Followed by Saw if that counts...

A lot of Saw fans...I consider Saw to be in the Horror genre simply because of the levels of blood/gore. Horror as a genre encompasses many sub-genres and many suspense titles may actually fall into horror. Saw being the biggest. Se7en is a suspense movie but is labeled as horror in many places.
  • bcressy
    Options
    I Love horror films!! you guys have pretty much listed all the wicked classics! but favorite film of all time American Psycho! Patrick Bateman rocks!
  • SilverStrychnine
    Options

Pet Cementary
    IT

Freakin clowns...I hate clowns...Yet I love horror movies that tend to utilize them more often than any other genre of film....

Arrgghhh me too. I actually have severe coulrophobia.
  • danarose74
    Options
    I love Saw! Cant bring myself to sit through The Shining even after 5+ attempts and my fav all time horror movie is Silence of the Lambs. I think that's probably more of a suspense though.
  • oriors
    oriors Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of those typical ones, or the ones that make a mockery of real world issues, or real events.
    I do like a good movie though with a good plot line and good characters and twists, if it comes under the catagory of horror then awesome :}
    I find typical horrors get repetitive and boring, some of the worst being things like one missed call and friday the thirteenth. Those were completely pointless movies. I finished them thinking had just waisted a couple of hours of life D:

But im not opposed to getting a nice good scare once in a while if the plot line has thought put to it ^.^
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    IT, of course. I just don't like clowns. I like The Hills Have Eyes (remake), and The Last Exorcism. That movie was creepy!!
  • patricknsmith
    Options
    Has anyone watched the Masters of Horror series?