Favorite horror movies

Options

Replies

• fragilegift
    fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Eden Lake is my favorite...

I've watched that...and you couldn't pay me to watch it again :O Brilliantly done though.

I think Descent is another one I'll never watch again, (that's the one with the creepy white guys in a cave?)

Nothing immediately comes to mind as a favorite though.
  • jankleberry
    Options
    I love Saw too. Drove all the way to London from Glasgow just for Thorpe Park and the live maze. It was dissapointing.

I also love all of the Halloween movies, especially the Rob Zombie remakes and also House of 1000 Corpses and Devils Rejects is one of my favourite movies ever.

Jacobs Ladder is another one of my favourites. Started to list the rest but it would never end so I gave up!
  • cavemancop
    cavemancop Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    The Exorcist, the only true scary/horror movie
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    Horror or slasher??

I'm big into Japanese horror films....Watch Audition sometime. The only film Rob Zombie could not stomach.
    There was a trilogy of terror film on TV in the seventies...The zuni doll that comes to life is creepy
  • andygettinfitt
    Options
    Let see the nightmare on elm street series, The Oman (the orignal), and I thought Insidius was pretty good
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    Session 9, Audition, In my Skin, In the Mouth of Madness (old one, but I loved it), Shining, It, just about any Stephen King and Clive Barker - Nightbreed, After Dark, Exorcist, Omen, Psycho (original), oh man, the list goes on and on - love me some horror, hack and slash, mindf*ck, demented, perverted and disgusting movies
  • Poetic_
    Poetic_ Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Don't really have any favorites, I usually enjoy foreign movies the most. I really enjoyed 'Let the Right One In' and 'Martyrs'.

Other than that, I usually try to find the most disturbing movies I can as I'm a weirdo.
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    The original Hitcher was great for suspense.

Where are the Evil Dead fans?!?!?!
  • redlabel71
    redlabel71 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love so many, it's hard to remember them all, but I especially love Japanese horror. Love all the Ju-On movies, Audition as others mentioned, The Wishing Stairs, Kairo (the original Japanese version of Pulse), The Eye, Reincarnation, Omen, Rosemary's Baby, Three Extremes, Cursed, One Missed Call (Japanese version), all the Tomei movies, Ringu, and Prayer Beads. I know there's a ton more I can't think of right now, but great topic!
  • redlabel71
    redlabel71 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, thanks for reminding me about Let the Right One In and Evil Dead! When that lady's head laughed in Evil Dead, I thought I was going to die! lol.
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    My kids always love Evil Dead because when the girl gets "attacked" by the trees in always say "so is she going to have saplings now?" They think that is the funniest thing they ever heard.
  • patricknsmith
    patricknsmith Posts: 261 Member
    Options

I actually found it more humorous than scary...
  • Jipples
    Jipples Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    The horrow movies that scare me the most, are the ones that could really happen. So to that end, a couple of my favorites are:

Halloween (1st movie)
    The Strangers

Also like Paranormal Activity, An American Werewolf In London, The Thing (Kurt Russell), Carrie, The Exhorcist, The Amytiville Horror
  • mukamom
    mukamom Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hellraiser seriers, mostly the 2nd one Hellbound Hellraiser.....too cool. I like most of Stephen King's work.

From Dusk til Dawn is good, sometimes you just have to laugh at it though. But George Clooney makes it worth watching :love:
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    I can only count on the Japanese to give me a real scare

Ringu (the original Ring) had me petrified
  • OutOfBreath
    OutOfBreath Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Wow, you excluded Jason Takes Manhattan and Jason Goes to Hell, but didn't exclude Jason X...Most people will take anything but Jason X.

Aw, Jason X has one of my favorite scenes. When he's beating the girl in the sleeping bag against the tree. I laugh my tail off every time I see that part. :)

I watch a lot of horror/thriller and I don't think I could pick just one, or even give a real list of the things I like. My preference is for films that don't take themselves too seriously.

Oh - and I have seen most of the Masters of Horror series. Some I enjoyed, others I was bored.
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I have so many, "Les Diaboliques", "Village of the Damned" (1960), "Don't Look Now", "Wild Zero", "The Innocents", "Deep Red", "Tenebrae", "Suspiria", "Opera", "Dead of Night", "Plague of Zombies", "Devil Rides Out", "Asylum", "And Soon the Darnkess" (1970), "What Have They Done to Your Daughters?", "Santa Sangre", "Let The Right One In", "Halloween" (original), "Shutter" (Thai film), "Vault of Horror", "Manhattan Baby", "Eyes Without a Face", "Evil Dead Trap", "The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari", Halloween (original), "Prom Night", "Creepshow", "Black Christmas" (gotta love Bob Clark), I really could go on and might come back...ah I think it's time for another Horror movie 24 hour marathon.

To sum it up I love Giallo, Portmanteau's, "video nasties", Japanese and oldies.

(I forgot loads)
  • SilverStrychnine
    SilverStrychnine Posts: 413 Member
    Options

I actually found it more humorous than scary...

Me too!
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • angie_04
    angie_04 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    House of 1000 Corpses and Devils Rejects by Rob Zombie--for sure my FAVES!!!
  • theskinnyonme
    theskinnyonme Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    ^^^^
    absolutely !!!