Hello from Florida

Options
Suffice to say not everyone in Florida is thin and beautiful. Not counting the soon to be deceased, i mean. I'm 23 and approx. 265 lbs. I The only person in a triple digit size family to be overweight. So yeah, here i am, losing weight. Hopefully.

Replies

• Jessifer123
    Options
    I'm in FL too and definitly not thin! Working on getting healthy though. You will do it! Feel free to friend me if you'd like :flowerforyou:
  • Pumb
    Pumb Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi there. Well, you have started and you are not going back. I joined this Feb and I have lost 3kg (I am South African, not too familiar with the pound system). The last time I weighed, I was 68.6. Lets get going. Every little bit that comes off feels like such a big achievement.
  • MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Gainesville, FL here! You can do it!
  • LiviLou2011
    LiviLou2011 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I use to live in crystal river Florida, sad to say i was thin back then..but im not now..working on it though..you can do it :) add me if you want.
  • paulcer
    paulcer Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Paula here in the Tampa bay area. I'm a recent transplant from the San Francisco bay area. If I have any neighbors out there, add me if you'd like!
  • paulcer
    Options
    Suffice to say not everyone in Florida is thin and beautiful. Not counting the soon to be deceased, i mean. I'm 23 and approx. 265 lbs. I The only person in a triple digit size family to be overweight. So yeah, here i am, losing weight. Hopefully.

Well, it seems you already have the beautiful part down, so the thin part is the only challenge that's left here, as I see it.
  • chellekoren
    chellekoren Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'm in Florida, too. Welcome and I agree. Even all the beach combers aren't all beauty queens, although, they may be in bikinis LOL. My 17 year old daughter said her goal is to be that really tanned, leathery, wrinkled old lady walking on the beach for exercise. You know you've seen them and I have to admit, I wouldn't mind being her, too.

PS Gainesville, Florida GAL
  • dme1977
    dme1977 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Im in Florida too... at least we have beautiful weather for biking (not all crazy with the helmet n gear... more like on a regular bike at at normal pace) , walking or just plain being outside. . . just remember YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL NO MATTER WHAT SIZE YOU ARE!!!
  • VWbaker
    Options
    Yes, I have to agree we do have beautiful weather almost year round. So Florida Gals! Lets get out there and show the world what getting healthy looks like!
    I'm in Clearwater (near the airport) and wanting to start training for a 5k. Anyone in the same area?
  • Irishjimmy
    Options
    Greetings from Ireland ): you are with friends......... just simplify things in your mind and do it, after all we're all in the same boat .
  • JoJoDoerr
    JoJoDoerr Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful! I am in Southwest Florida, glad to meet you!
  • CivicSista
    CivicSista Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I'm in FL too- over near Cocoa Beach.
  • Kassieisproud
    Options
    Im from florida! You have to admit its a great place to get fit while everyone else is snowed in we can be out and about walking and jogging they Dont call it the sunshine state for nothing
  • alistephens12
    Options
    I'm in Central Florida here! You are beautiful, and in case you haven't noticed thin is not really the norm anywhere anymore, except maybe Hollywood...CA, that is! Not that I strive to the norm. Be exceptional, and I am sure you are, and with the help of this site you can acheive all your exceptional goals. Not to be too preachy or law of attraction/metaphysical on you, but negative self-talk and outward talk is damaging. Trust me I know. I am my own worst enemy with it. But I am trying to talk, think, and believe myself as thin as all my efforts are aiming to produce. Sounds corny, but it matters. My father was a medical doctor and had a real scientific and logical mind, and even he was absolutely convinced of the power of the mind over matter or reality. So you are everything you want to be, it is within you, just take the outward steps to produce the results and they will come. Maybe not all at once, maybe not without setbacks, but they will. Hope I helped.
  • SandyMilton
    Options
    Greetings from the Tallahassee region :)
  • MenaMena
    MenaMena Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Greetings fellow Floridians! Representing St. Petersburg, Tampa Bay Area. You have come to a great place to help you achieve your fitness goals.
  • jnatal
    Options
    Hello there everyone! :) I am from Central Fl as well. And hate sweating! lol that seems like a contradiction to losing weight and exercising but it is true. I started really dieting just last week, I had downloaded the app before at the beginning of the year but kept eating everything in sight. This last week was different, I am 27, a size 16 feeling beautiful and smart, but just recently I discovered I am also a type 2 diabetic. It is not about trying to fit any stereotype or norm, I need to lose 38 pounds in order to reach my healthy weight. So here we go!!! My hugs to you! Add me fellow Floridians if you like, let's make this journey fun!
  • paulcer
    Options
    Yes, I have to agree we do have beautiful weather almost year round. So Florida Gals! Lets get out there and show the world what getting healthy looks like!
    I'm in Clearwater (near the airport) and wanting to start training for a 5k. Anyone in the same area?

I'm in Palm Harbor, I'm not a runner though. I walk and bike the trail.
  • Alinat305
    Options
    Greetings from Miami, Florida!!
  • JoannaH143
    Options
    Hi to everyone--I'm in SW Florida, and new to this site. Good luck to everyone (wish me luck, too)!