AMAZING TRICK FOR COTTAGE CHEESE HEAVEN

Options

Replies

• mem1086
    mem1086 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Yum! I'll try if it tastes like rice pudding!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I mix mine with bacon bits. Even the artificial ones. Everything is better when it tastes bacony. lol
  • lissrn
    lissrn Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Can't wait to make it!!
  • hopenevins
    hopenevins Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    On a similar note, I like to take ricotta cheese and mix it with a bit of milk (to make it thinner), and add cocoa powder and splenda, maybe some chopped walnuts and top it with whipped cream...tastes like chocolate cheesecake. It is so good! I've also tried flavoring it with jello and fruit (orange jello with mandarin oranges tastes like a creamsicle!)
  • Kickinkim418
    Kickinkim418 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    bump
  • summerlancaster
    Options
    It sounds awful, but try mixing 1/2 c. of cottage cheese with 1/2 c. fat free refried beans... YUM!!! Eat it plain or stuffed in a whole wheat pita!
  • luvnthenewme
    luvnthenewme Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    ~Bump~
  • tinaslosingit
    tinaslosingit Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    wow! great suggestions. cant wait to try some of these.
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese but have to be careful because it's high in sodium.

Mix it with a bit of fat free Cool Whip and some sugar free jello mix or jello pudding mix. Yummy...add some fruit to it to.

I use it as dressing on my lettuce salads.

Mix with fruit of all and any kinds.

Mix with pasta sauces for spaghetti or lasagna, etc.

By itself.

On crackers.

With tomatoes or cucumbers.

Love it!!!
  • Charlottejogs
    Charlottejogs Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    have to try this...thanks
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I think it's just wonderful on its own and only needs some cracked black pepper. I have reduced-fat cottage cheese almost daily on crispbreads with smoked salmon slices or lean smoked ham :tongue: It's my favourite breakfast :happy:

Wow! *Love* this idea. I need more lean protein in my diet and this sounds great. Thanks for posting.
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    One night we made a vegetarian red sauce that had roasted eggplant, sliced mushrooms, green peppers in it. We were going to serve it over whole wheat angel hair pasta, but I needed some protein. So I put the pasta on my plate, topped with nonfat cottage cheese, then put the sauce over all. It was fabulous!
  • mandy2794
    Options
    cottage cheese with a tbsp of peanut butter. omgggg delicious! with crackers or just with a spoon heheh
  • janetb21
    janetb21 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I love putting cottage cheese on toasted whole grain bread, slicing grape or cherry tomatoes in half and laying them on top, and sprinkling with a little onion salt, black pepper and dill. It makes a terrific breakfast!
  • chippiek
    chippiek Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    bump
  • slowpoke269
    slowpoke269 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I never liked it before. Now I'll eat it as long as it has salsa in it. I had it earlier for a snack. yum!!
  • blessedmomof8
    blessedmomof8 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    YUM! I love all the suggestions! Thank You everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • Boingo1
    Boingo1 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I love these ideas!!
  • bzmommy34
    bzmommy34 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    bump

YUMMY!
  • roanne70
    Options
    Yeah! I'll try that tomorrow. Another great way to eat it is to put 1/4 cup of cottage cheese in 1/2 cup oatmeal and add a few pecans and some sweetener. It makes the oatmeal very creamy.