AMAZING TRICK FOR COTTAGE CHEESE HEAVEN

Options

Replies

• katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I had a yummy cottage cheese lunch today. It was cottage cheese, tomato, garlic, asparagus, black pepper, onion, a sprinkle of turmeric, and a splash or two of balsamic vinegar. It was a great lunch! I was going to stuff it in a romaine lettuce leaf but didn't have any, i'm sure it would have been great though!
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    This sounds yummy!! I have to eat cottage cheese with my veggies because that's the only way I will eat them!
  • momuv3princesses
    momuv3princesses Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Sweet cottage cheese is just wrong on so many levels :noway:

But whatever floats your boat :laugh:

I think it's just wonderful on its own and only needs some cracked black pepper. I have reduced-fat cottage cheese almost daily on crispbreads with smoked salmon slices or lean smoked ham :tongue: It's my favourite breakfast :happy:

Oh my gosh! I love your profile pic and quote on your profile page!!! LMAO!!!
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I like my large curd 4% cottage cheese on toast, with a spoonfull of chia and one of hemp seeds, for protein and omegas 3 and 6 good stuff, sometimes chopped spinach with nutmeg....
  • ginnylee74
    ginnylee74 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    It sounds awful, but try mixing 1/2 c. of cottage cheese with 1/2 c. fat free refried beans... YUM!!! Eat it plain or stuffed in a whole wheat pita!

You're right, it doesn't sound that good BUT, when you think of it before you go yuck, it may actually be good. On a low fat tortilla?????? too. Maybe a little bit of salsa mixed in.???//
    Thanks for the suggestion.

Bump
  • momnorg
    momnorg Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    bump
  • summerlancaster
    Options
    It sounds awful, but try mixing 1/2 c. of cottage cheese with 1/2 c. fat free refried beans... YUM!!! Eat it plain or stuffed in a whole wheat pita!

You're right, it doesn't sound that good BUT, when you think of it before you go yuck, it may actually be good. On a low fat tortilla?????? too. Maybe a little bit of salsa mixed in.???//
    Thanks for the suggestion.

Bump

My best friend kept telling me to try it, so I finally caved. It sort of tastes likes refried beans with cheese & sour cream mixed in :)
  • ClascyParra
    Options
    On a similar note, I like to take ricotta cheese and mix it with a bit of milk (to make it thinner), and add cocoa powder and splenda, maybe some chopped walnuts and top it with whipped cream...tastes like chocolate cheesecake. It is so good! I've also tried flavoring it with jello and fruit (orange jello with mandarin oranges tastes like a creamsicle!)

I take fat free ricotta cheese...add a little agave nectar (or whatever sweetener you personally like) and almond extract....top with a few slivered raw almonds...
    You can take the mixture and put it onto a sugar free baked pear or apple (I bake a pear or apple with some diet lemon lime flavored soda)
    DELISH!!!!
  • my2gr8boys
    Options
    These all sound delicious!! Thanks for the ideas!!
  • Rachiewoowoo
    Options
    *That* sounds awful.

Everyone has different tastes.
  • fitnessyeoja
    fitnessyeoja Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 0RESET0
    0RESET0 Posts: 128
    Options
    I like mine with salt.
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the idea! I have to try some of these.
  • DanielleDavids
    DanielleDavids Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    That sounds delicious! I usually like savory over sweet though. My favorite cottage cheese add ins: Dill Weed, Pepper & Hemp Hearts. I do love cottage cheese & pineapple though!
  • surimurphy
    surimurphy Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    bump
  • DonnaRe2012
    DonnaRe2012 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I mix a TB of bacon bits in mine. Yummy !!
  • blondejillie
    blondejillie Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Yes, I love this but I use a couple of drops of cinnamon and vanilla stevia. Yum...
  • craig1970
    craig1970 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • HoLynne
    HoLynne Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yum, thanks for the great ideas!
  • jelicaa
    jelicaa Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    bump