Adele or Photoshop

Options
13»

Replies

• GoldSag1
    GoldSag1 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I love Adele! However, I don't see the need to photoshop her like this. It's too much!
  • annameier8706
    annameier8706 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Photoshop and WAY to much makeup for sure!! They worst part is since she a big chested girl, they left that but slimmed out her waist which totally threw off her proportions making her chest the focal point of the picture. Plus, her cheekbones are ridiculous...
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    That tool that uncovers alteration points is really interesting. Though I do wonder how they got the originals... or did they just guess and Photoshop wrinkles back in? :wink:

Photo retouching has been a valid part of photography since just about the beginning. People complain that magazines go too far these days, but you know what I think... I think it's not always an intentional increase in retouching. I think it's often just a lot of really bad Photoshop.

There's a real art to color correcting and retouching a photo. In the early days of Photoshop it was a genuine skill to be able to make a photo more appealing yet retain the true sense of identity and uniqueness of the subject. Nowadays you've got floods of job applicants all claiming to be photoshop gurus even though they really don't know what they're doing. Add into the mix the hiring editors who couldn't tell a fake looking picture if it smacked them upside the head, plus the execs who are ready and willing to hire whoever says they'll do it for the lowest wage (i.e. a kid fresh out of college) and you've got a recipe for countless terrible retouched images.

Okay rant over. Sorry. :happy:
  • XED_gnarlydog
    Options
    Let me get this straight...they use Photoshop to alter images in fashion magazines to create an impossible standard of beauty? SHOCKING!

Next thing you're gonna tell me that our food is being synthetically altered to increase crop yields and corporate farm profitability with little regard to adverse health affects it may cause. (There's also a rumor going around that most of the top 10 causes of death in the U.S. can be reduced through proper diet & exercise.)

This photo is OBVIOUSLY natural...I wish people would stop picking on the fashion industry. =)

All sarcasm aside...isn't Adele a singer? Should what she looks like even matter? I'd better quit before I grab my soapbox...
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Scary indeed. Its sad, cause i think Adele is beautiful. Her waist doesnt need to be made thin. She is a musician and we love her because of that, not because she looks like a supermodel.
  • clkuchtyn
    clkuchtyn Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I think she was photoshopped a bit, but...did you see her at the Grammy's? She definitely lost weight.
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    It looks like her, and I love her butt chin! =P
  • RDalton84
    Options
    Adele is my lady crush! lol Love her!! And she looked beautiful at the Grammys!