What did you used to eat in the big days

Options
Hi Guys,

Not sure if this has been done before but anyway would anyone like to mention some of the things they used to eat before they lost weight.

I'll start sometimes on my way to work id stop and grab:

Bacon & Egg Roll - Eat on the way there
2 Croissants 1 to eat after bacon and egg roll 1 to have at work once I arrived.

Also I still see this at the supermarket and I have stayed away from it for over 12 months now the 2 family blocks of chocolate for $6 I can still remember my favorite combination was:

Nestle - Smartie & Crunch block
Cadbury - Fruit & Nut & Crunchie or Peppermint

I would buy 2 blocks and go through them in a couple of hours easy

I won't mention anymore maybe later :)

Anyone else want to share ?

Replies

• kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I used to eat a lot, but didn't realise just how much and would consume 3000 Calories a day without batting an eyelid. :noway: :embarassed:

I've certainly stopped having high carb/high fat breakfasts of a Gregg's sausage roll in a bread roll with mayo & cheese and now prefer crispbreads with cottage cheese and smoked salmon.

I also don't snack on crisps and biscuits like they were going out of fashion. I'd have at least 2 bags of crisps with lunch and every day I'd have Twix or a Double Decker or some kind of chocolate bar. And that was before dinner...

Dinner was always wholesome and still is, but now I only eat a regular rather than a supersized portion. If I've calories over I'll have an ice cream (Magnum-style) for dessert, but I used to eat a packet of biscuits every evening watching TV.

More importantly, I never did any exercise and now I go swimming 3-4 times a week, for at least an hour a session, and on my off days, I still walk a couple of miles at a reasonable pace, so it's now very seldom that a day goes by that I don't get some kind of exercise in.

Just being more aware of calories and portion sizes along with getting regular exercise is my "secret" to steady continued weight loss :happy:
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Pizza and chicken wings are my two best friends and worst enemies!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: McDonalds 3 sausage mcmuffins w/egg, 3 hashbrowns, 1 large Hi C orange

Lunch: 2 double bacon cheese burgers with fries and large milkshake

Dinner: 1 entire medium pizza w/2 liter of soda pop
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Family bag of doritos (750 kcal) on top of the regular meals...
    Sometimes I would replace it with McDonalds menu for lunch,
    sometime I would do both
  • MrsBlobs
    MrsBlobs Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Chinese food and lots of it! High fat, high msg and not satisfying for very long. It is STILL my nemesis although I'm working on it :)
  • brentsblog
    brentsblog Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    The power of being disillusioned

I used to ride approx 2.5km to the train station to catch the train into the city for work pretty easy ride took like 10 minutes.

On the way home once I arrived at the station and would ride across to the fish n chip shop grab either 3 potato cakes and 3 fried dim sims for the 2.5km ride home or if I was feeling full I would only get 2 each but my justification was I'm riding home its ok im burning it off.

When I look at it now I was probably eating 400-600 calories just from that and burning 50 calories from riding home how I laugh about it now.
  • brentsblog
    Options
    Breakfast: McDonalds 3 sausage mcmuffins w/egg, 3 hashbrowns, 1 large Hi C orange

I can relate to this except I would only do 2 sausage and egg mcmuffins with bacon thou OMG that made all the difference and 2 hash browns they were for the car ride home :)
  • brentsblog
    Options
    Family bag of doritos (750 kcal) on top of the regular meals...

How good are Doritos I could still down a bag now :)

I was down the supermarket the other day and they were $1.49 for a bag! I was so tempted but the temptation passed when I realized how long I would have to work out to burn it off :)
  • TraceyDonna
    Options
    I always had cereal for breakfast. Lunch and onward was my downfall. Generally a mayo loaded sandwhich, crisps, can of pop and some biscuit/chocolate to finish. Dinner would generally be massive!!! Chips, chips, chips ... bread (w/butter), burgers, pizza, pasta, pasta, pasta. Im a real carbie and thats tough to curb!
  • MumOfGirlsOnly
    MumOfGirlsOnly Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    2+L of Coke a day
    1kg bananas
    At least 1 500ml can of Mother
    190g packet of chicken
    Huge tub of fruit salad (watermelon, rock melon, apple, grapes, orange, honey dew I would make it for the kids for school and eat the rest in one sitting)
    4+ slices of white bread a day smothered with peanut butter or Vegemite)
    Family block of chocolate a day (favourites are Mint Aero, Kit Kat, white, peppermint)
    Packet of Monte Carlo biscuits (12 in a pack at 102 calories each biscuit)
    2/3 serves of dinner and then clean the kids plates (habit left over from when I was a kid, can't leave food on a plate)

I could pack away up to and over 5000 calories a day, didn't help I worked at KFC and could eat for free.
  • elsinora
    elsinora Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    My major downfall and why I was obese before was lack of portion control and alcohol!

From teenager onwards I always ate really good food and never had junk or sugar (I HAtE Chocs and sweets, dessert etc) but I used to eat massive portions. When I went to uni and onwards alcohol meant my weight sky rocketed and binging on bread and pasta the next day or at like 3 or 4 in the morning in a drunken stupor meant it just kept piling it on.

I lived with 4 guys so again portion control wa still out the window and I never counted calories. I exercised everyday and cycled everywhere as I did not (and still don't) have a driving licence but that just was a drop in the ocean because of the lack of portion control and awareness of what I was taking in.
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I was a total food addict.

I could quite easily eat a sausage sandwich for breakfast, a pizza for lunch and a takeaway or full roast dinner for lunch, plus two litres of full sugar soda and two chocolate bars or a share-size bag of chocolates in the evening.

I just put it into my food diary to crunch the numbers, and a fairly typical day has come out at 3,961 calories. I'm 5ft 1.8in. I reached 174lbs before I started my healthy lifestyle in November 2010. It is amazing that's ALL I weighed, considering I didn't care at all what I ate or what weight I was.
  • robb7
    robb7 Posts: 22
    Options
    Oh god , just thinking about this makes me sick;
    Breakfast at home: toast
    Breakfast on the way to work: Burger King Sausage Crescents
    Lunch: Chipotle Chicken Burrito, chips and salsa
    Dinner: two or three grilled hamburgers plus chips and potato salad
    Snacks: cookies
    I also sat on my duff all day working at a call center.

I put those days at about 3 to 4000 calories daily not to mention all the fat. Yikes.
  • ludogx87
    ludogx87 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    i would make a nachos kit, throw on ready made chilli and nearly a full block of cheese and scoff the lot myself..... it was for 4 people hahahaha
  • sakurajade
    sakurajade Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    chocolate 3 times a week and 2 ice coffee every day
  • jankleberry
    Options
    on a bad day I would have

a roll and bacon and cheese, maybe an egg
    a roll and sausage and potato scone

a mcchicken sandwich meal LARGE and another cheeseburger

Steak pie, roast potatoes, gravy

Ice cream or some sort off toffee cake

Cream Buns.

I would have deffo went over 3000cals some days :blushing:
  • jankleberry
    Options
    oh and crisps and chocolate.

Monster Munch and Galaxy cookie crumble were my faves.

Used to love dominoes too but had a bad experience and wouldnt go near it now if you paid me.
  • RichardCh
    Options
    coke and have energy and high cal drinks and lots of pizzas and other junk food lol
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Typical order from Taco Bell was 2 soft tacos supremes, 1 order of nachos and cheese and 2 orders of cinnamon twists.
    McDonalds: double cheeseburger combo w/large fries and an apple pie (yikes!)
    I could easily eat half a bag of powdered donuts...
    Pickled pig's feet! (so embarassed by this one)
  • tnorth82
    tnorth82 Posts: 186
    Options
    would eat the large family/sharing bags of crips and doritos without batting an eyelid
    Same with the large family sharing bags of Maltesers/revels... me and the hubby would eat one each while watching a movie or TV

I would order a takeaway pizza, 12" and eat it all! Plus fries!