What did you used to eat in the big days

Options

Replies

• shivaslives
    shivaslives Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    12" inch sub rather than 6" inch plus a bag of chips and a packet of chocolate covered donut gems.

9114468.png

Advice is worth exactly what you pay for it!
  • TopazCarey
    Options
    For breakfast I would have a sugary starbucks drink and a brownie. For lunch I always got a double cheeseburger meal from the mcdonald's on campus then I'd walk over to the store and get a bag of chocolate chip cooks. And dinner was never really horrible, but my portions were, seconds and thirds of everything. And all that time I was confused over why I was heavier and heavier every time I got on a scale.
  • kittyminxx
    kittyminxx Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I doubt anyone can believe the weird foodstuff I invented with my best friend

chicago deep dish mini pizzas topped with extra cheese cooked on the george foreman grill to really crisp it up and chewy on inside

A whole bag of doritos (family pack) with large block of emmental cheese grated on top, blitzed in microwave, topped with more cheese & blitzd again for another 10 secs

Herta hot dogs microwaved, split a little with blue cheese inside to melt

Any cheese coated in melted chocolate

Twix melted in any hot drink, chocolate licked off then nibble off the caramel and redunk the left over biscuit bit

I used to pull a mars apart with almost surgical precision and eat the chocolate/nougat/caramel seperatley

Mix a tub of strawberry cheesecake & cookies & cream haagen dazs with melted chocolate eclair (the sweets) poured on top

Cheese dipped in honey sprinkled finely with coffee powder

All absolutely delicous surprisingly... we were a proper heston blumenthal team!

Although far far far too bad for me
  • HeyHeyRae
    Options
    Thinking back over all of that food makes me feel ill..... but here goes...

Burger King, Dunkin Donuts, or McDonald's for breakfast (if I went to BK I got the double crossandwich meal, large, with oj... Dunkin D's I'd get the crossandwich with hashbrowns and an extra large coffee extra cream extra sugar and a few squirts of a flavor syrup... McD's I'd get 2 sausage mcmuffin, 2 hash browns, and an oj) And mind you this was only when I ate breakfast once or twice a month.

Lunch I'd either get 2-3 McDonald's McChicken sandwiches with a large fry and large coke or go to Taco Bell and get $10-$15 worth of crap if I wasn't working. If I was working, I'd get a slice of pepperoni pizza from the cafe at work.

Dinner could go 1 of 2 ways. Either I'd come home and have a microwavable meal, or I'd get takeout.
    My choices?... ugh smh.... grilled chicken club meal & McChicken sandwich at McD's, or ordering an appetizer and entree from the local Chinese place (enough food for 3 people), or spending $20 at Taco Bell, or ordering a large pepperoni, black olive, and bacon pizza with 2 chocolate molten mini cakes, an order of cheesy bread w/marinara dipping sauce, and an order of 10pc fried buffalo wings with ranch AND blue cheese dipping sauces. I'd eat until I felt sick, wait for the sick feeling to go away, and eat again.

And then sometimes late at night, around midnight to 1am, I'd get mentally hungry and could eat an entire bag of tostitos scoops with a large jar of tostitos salsa con queso (the big one...... if I ran out of chips, I'd use the last chip to just scoop up the salsa con queso and slurp it down, or just grab a spoon).

*when I say $10-$20 at Taco Bell, my favorites were any combination of the following: nacho bell grande no tomatoes, grilled steak soft tacos, nacho cheese steak chalupas, crunch wraps w/nacho cheese on the side, multiple soft taco supremes, cheesy fiesta potatoes, large mountain dew or baja blast (sometimes 2), and the 10 taco family meal......... so disgusting

And the most exercise I got was trying to shower properly in the morning... smh

It's amazing I didn't hit 300lbs or have a heart attack.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    My food diary for when I was a little bit bigger...or on my way to being a lot bigger... was fairly similar to what I am eating now. The problem back then was that I was also not watching my 'extras'... My fiance always used to pick me up at the end of the day and our 'snack' was these little pepperoni sticks... The problem with these lil pep sticks was that they were 250 calories - each! I was consuming 500 calories EXTRA on top of my daily foods!! Then each Friday night we would go out for dinner. I would have something horrible that was deep fried, or maybe half a medium pizza with bacon on it (mmm bacon). Every weekend we'd indulge in a bacon and egg breakfast....

I was also making this really amazing mexican dish once per week. For about 2 months my fiance and i were addicted to it... Of course, most recently I looked at the calories in the cheese and sauce and it was equaling out to 45 calories for 2tbsp.....and I was having WAY more than just 2tbsp.

I was indulging too frequently... I had to nip that in the bud....and I am glad I did because after a month of 'watching' what I ate I have lost at least 5lbs and a lot more inches....

So basically now I let myself have a 'treat' on the weekends, but even that treat is always on the healthier side of things.
  • BeccaMovinUp
    Options
    I really like this thread, I find it so interesting!

On a bad day I would eat 2 toasted egg, bacon, and cheese sandwiches for breakfast. I would also eat a whole bag of Miss Vickie's chips or a whole bag of chocolate wafer cookies, and have a huge plate of homemade Alfredo pasta for supper, or KD.
    Some days I would also make a small batch of cookie dough and eat it raw.
    I was always way too embarrassed to buy meals at a fast food joint (still very hesitant and will only go if the bf wants to), I think this was my saving grace, I would have reached a much higher weight if I didn't feel this way.

Cheers!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    A lot of the same stuff as I eat now, but with a different balance. More boxed stuff, less fresh stuff. Lack of exercise was the biggest problem.

My WORST dietary habits were when I was skinny in my early to mid 20s. Kid's cereal, ramen noodles, skipped meals, rarely any veggies, etc.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    the meal that always sticks out to me, was our weekly Wing Stop meal. My husband and I would get the 35 wing family meal with a large fry and two tubs of ranch to dip. I'd also get a small side of baked beans. We would eat the whole thing...and it was for a family of 4. We would just tear through those wings. I dread to think how many calories that was.
    Also on Tuesday nights I'd be on my own for dinner. I'd order Papa John's online and watch Biggest Loser. I would get "light on the cheese" and have all veggies...but I'd eat almost the whole thing and get breadsticks. With cheese dipping sauce.:blushing:
  • Canadien
    Canadien Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Back when I used to eat ****ty foods, I used to:
    - Head to the fridge during every commercial break on television (I don't even watch TV anymore)
    - Eat a bowl of chips every day
    - Eat buttered popcorn almost every day
    - Eat french fries
    - I ate whenever I was bored. I'd eat things like pop tarts, chips, and LOTS of ice cream and chocolate
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I didn't really eat too much during the day. Night snacking was my downfall. I would usually skip breakfast, have a whole sandwich with chips or maybe chicken fingers or something equally fried. Then for dinner I'd have frozen pizza or a chicken burger or some other horrible processed choice. THEN I would snack. A whole bag of popcorn (with butter) or maybe a pint of Ben and Jerry's. I think it was the quantity of what I would snack on that was crazy. I would be bored and sitting in front of the television and the endless snacking just went with the sedentary lifestyle.

It was actually Jenny Craig that taught me portion control. I'm not a fan of their food because I can't pronounce anything in it, but I understood what it meant to eat small servings after trying them for a month. I stopped after a month or so and started using MFP instead. Fifty pounds later... I use a small plate when I eat now instead of a large dinner plate. I still get that urge to snack at night but I restrict it to small portions of relatively healthy things. I'll still eat a pint of ice cream now and again, but I know how much exercise it takes to combat that poor decision now!
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Oh... and FAST FOOD was a dinner option several times a week. A breakfast at McD's would consist of two sausage egg mcmuffins and a hashbrown. NOW we have McBreakfast maybe once a month (if that) and I have an egg and cheese mcmuffin (that's it!) How times have changed. I can't even eat the way I used to anymore.
  • SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking about this the other day. When i started my getting fatter days i use to get out of work at 2am and hit the gasstation and pick up one of those burritos in a bag with a quart of chocolate milk. have that on the drive home and when getting home if there were chips snarf them down. Mac and cheese with buger is a big one too. Any pasta. I could eat an entiere 12 inch pizza in a sitting, i love pizza. oh here was a go to for me chocolate chips mixed in with peanutbutter. that actually was the last indulgent that i had before starting on my new life journey here.
  • kolakross
    Options
    Constant snacking.
    And I ate pretty much everything too - nachos were my favorite for a while, chocolate and ice cream, I even made double cake batters to make a cake and eat the other batter...
  • RollinDawg
    RollinDawg Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Whatever couldn't outrun me.
  • _LilPowerHouse
    _LilPowerHouse Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Back when I used to eat ****ty foods, I used to:
    - Head to the fridge during every commercial break on television (I don't even watch TV anymore)
    - Eat a bowl of chips every day
    - Eat buttered popcorn almost every day
    - Eat french fries
    - I ate whenever I was bored. I'd eat things like pop tarts, chips, and LOTS of ice cream and chocolate

This was me all the way.. except I would have a ton more French fries.. KING size at Mcdonalds and then any left over fries that my family didnt eat.. and a double quarter pounder to go with it.. the funny thing... I always had a bottle of water because soda was bad for diabetics>>> LOL. what a dumb *kitten*... :tongue:
  • perrytyra
    perrytyra Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I guess i ate some of the same stuff i do now, just more of it. I have only illiminated a few things from my diet. I don't get McGriddles anymore. I and I usually don't do McDonalds hamburgers, mostly because their hamburgers taste like grease to me now. I used to eat a bunch of chocolate chip cookies when i made them, now I count the calories and only eat about 2. Also, I don't dip anything in ranch now unless it is a vegatable. With one exception, if I have a rare night out at BWW with my hubby, i will still dip the wings in ranch. There is nothing healthy their that I want to eat, and I do like spending time with my hubby. Just careful eating the rest of the weekend.
  • monharri
    Options
    I was a big EMOTIONAL EATER. If anything went wrong in my life, which tended to be everyday, I would have crazy cravings for sweets; my favorites were anything made by the infamous Little Debbie: honey buns, chocolate rolls, oatmeal cookies, etc. I also ordered pizza once every two weeks, and ate Sonic burgers and jalapeno peppers. Just thinking about what I was putting in my body gives me a headache. I felt sluggish and sick everyday, always had a headache, always had interrupted sleep, and was as irritable as they come (which isn't like me because I tend to be very goofy and cheerful! :0)

It wasn't until I went to see a holistic doctor that I realized how acidic my body was. It was like it was fighting to keep up. The doctor said something to me that really gave me hope: He said just apply my success with other areas in my life to my success in getting healthy. He said this because I had been going on and on about not being able to lose weight, how hopeless it was. His words seem so simple to me now but I know they made a big impact on my outlook on weight loss and getting healthy and I now feel encouraged to give it my all!

So glad I've found a likeminded community on MFP.

I'M NEVER GOING BACK TO EATING LITTLE DEBBIES! :drinker:
  • Faeriegirl74
    Faeriegirl74 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I was so very bad!
    Breakfast was usually a Venti 3 sugar Cafe Mocha and an apple fritter from Starbucks....talk about a horrible way to start the day. Lunch - I always ate out...and my favorite was to run to Jack In The Box and get 4 tacos (the 2@99 cent special) with a side of the sampler trio.
    Dinner - we also ate out a lot...Buffalo Wild Wings, Cheesecake Factory, TGI Fridays... you name it, we ate it. If I "cooked" at home...it was hamburger helper....my oh my. We also sat around in front of the computer...hubby on his, me on mine... in the same room mind you - playing World of Warcraft and munching on chips and salsa or twix bars.

Ugh. Now that I look back on it...kinda nasty.

I'm so glad I switched my computer for running shoes!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    The S.A.D. diet ( standard American diet)

monstrous amount Greasy fried foods
    piggish amounts Greasy cheesy fatty foods
    sicking amoun ts of fast foods-- and eating out at restaurant a LOT--far more than home cooking
    awful huge amounts of soda pops
    cr@p loads of coffee ladened with chemical flavored coffee creams and powders
    terrible amount of store bought prepackaged/processed juices and sugary-fatty empty calorie drinks
    heart stopping amounts of chicken, beef, pork, lamb
    hoards of dairy products like cheese, butter, sour cream, chemical laden Greek yogurts and eggs from chickens that were factory farm raised and only God knows what those poor things ate or how they lived/died before getting on my plate--yuck!
    globs of pastries and sweets
    wicked giant amount of candies and expensive chocolates almost every day or at least every chance I could get
    chemical, fat, sugary, empty calories everything really--ugh! I'm so GLAD those days are behind me forever.

I rarely if ever ate veggies and the kids would eat all of the fruit up before I got a chance to get it--but I didn't care then, it's different now and I'm GLAD!

I ate like the typical America obese person eats...those days are forever GONE and GOOD RIDDANCE to BAD RUBBISH (to and for ME, if this is not rubbish to you, more power to you--not judging you...judging MYSELF--that's all)
  • Alsha1999
    Alsha1999 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have always eaten fairly healthy, but used to go to more quick easy foods such as:

Lunch meats Now I use REAL meat and never buy precooked meats
    Frozen cuisines: Lean cuisine, Smart ones, Healthy Choice Now I freeze my own
    Protein bars Now I make my own
    Rice cakes with hydrogenated fats peanut butter, now make my own peanut butter
    white chocolate mocha at starbucks-skinny, but not really skinny
    Dairy products with high sugar like Yoplait yogurt, now use almond, rice or coconut milk
    Canned fruits and veggies, soups Now buy fresh or frozen only

Now I eat clean and do the work myself! My husband says I eat a garden a day, but I feel so much better. Before my food was A, but now IT IS AN A++