MFP'ers: Recommend me a bathroom scale.

Options
2»

Replies

• kateopotato
    kateopotato Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    this is the one I have and I love it... I was reading the bad reviews on Amazon and I really dont see all those negatives. I use the body fat/water% as guidelines and most of the time I just use it just for the lbs. I had a hard time figuring out how to tap it the right way to get it to turn on at first but my fiance had no issue and I have since figured out the right place and intensity to tap it to turn it on

http://www.amazon.com/Weight-Watchers-WW78-Conair-Chrome/dp/B002N5N336/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1329760869&sr=8-4
  • norzip
    norzip Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I use the Weight Watchers Digital Scale
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    http://www.taylorusa.com/weight-management/electronic-scales/electronic-scale.html

I have this scale, got it on sale for like $20 at kohls.... works great. One thing I think a lot of people forget to do.... I know I have to move my scale to use it. you have to get on and get off and let it zero out after you move it. that will give you really varying weights if you don't let it reset/zero out before you use it. I've made a habit of doing that every time I weigh, and it always gives me accurate readings. (the only other place I really weigh is at the gym, and it always is very close to any of the scales at the gym)
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    My old taylor was doing the same thing, so after a bunch of research, I ended up buying the Eatsmart Precision Plus Digital and I love it - especially because it also does ounces. It stays the same weight you get on/get off/get on. It does seem to weigh me about 1.5 lb more than the my Taylor so I do both each morning - been doing that three weeks now and it's always the same difference. I would definitely buy it again.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Any cheap digital scale will be accurate for WEIGHT.
  • cassblue21
    Options
    I have the Weight Watcher's Digital Scale. It was at Costco for $15. Most importantly, it doesn't fluctuate when you step on and off like my old one did.

\This is also the one I have. It is very accurate! :) Love it.
  • tiamaria3
    tiamaria3 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I also have a weight watchers scale that i bought at walmart for $40
  • shellicious777
    shellicious777 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My scale's a bit weird too but not that weird. But I'm looking for a new one. I've heard great things about the Weight Watchers scales. Although, they are not cheap at all.

I got one at Sears for about 24.00. That's not too bad and I love it.
  • ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    Options
  • KyleGA
    KyleGA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I say save your money and do not get a scale. Numbers have a way of messing with us. Go for the; reflection in the mirror, how your clothes fit/feel and if you're blessed to have a significant other, their reaction when the clothes come off. A scale is just a reflection of what one weighs...not the condition or yummy-ness of oneself.

Cheers to you!
  • Run4UrHealth
    Run4UrHealth Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    take a letter-sized piece of paper
    draw your feet on it
    put "you're awesome" at the top

done.

LOVE IT!!!!
  • magoch
    magoch Posts: 134
    Options
    I have a Tanita and love it. It's the one that also (supposedly) measures body fat. The weight seems to be very accurate & consistent. I'm not sure how accurate the body-fat measure is, but I figure if it keeps going down that's good.
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I can step on and off and on and off and move it around and it gives me the same number.. digital and has cells in each corner so if your floor is uneven, it still weighs evenly

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Health-o-meter-Oil-Rubbed-Chrome-and-Silver-Scale/10264543

$20 bucks
  • niknak2308
    niknak2308 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I have the WeightWatchers digital scale, love it. Says exactly the same no matter how many times I stand on it during one weighing session lol..
  • kperk91
    kperk91 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    My scale is a digital one. Health-O-Meter brand. It's a "weight trend tracker"

It asks me if I have a goal (which mine is to lose) and each weigh-in it will show a green light (lost) or red light(gained). It also give me a BMI reading - which is pretty accurate.
  • jskaggs1971
    jskaggs1971 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    take a letter-sized piece of paper
    draw your feet on it
    put "you're awesome" at the top

done.

So would I have to take down the one on my mirror with the drawing of my face on it?

Thanks for the recommendations, all. While the "don't use a scale" method works for some, it doesn't for me.
  • deniseselah
    deniseselah Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I like my eat smart scale (search for eat smart bathroom scales on amazon, I have the glass one) it has a "step-on" feature so you don't have to tap it or anything. It gives consistent results - a bit too consistent sometimes like if you weigh wearing a light t-shirt then weigh again without it soon after it'll give the same result. you have to pick up something heavy & weigh again for it to notice small changes. BUT if you are a sane person and weigh 1x a day it's great and I like knowing that it is an accurate result, that I don't have to move it all over the bathroom and weigh 20x and try to average all the results to see what I really weigh. :smile:
    I bought this Eat Smart scale last week, and love it (have been through 3 scales in 4 years that I hated) - http://amzn.com/B0032TNPOE
  • Narisong
    Narisong Posts: 191
    Options
    Weight Watchers scale at Bed Bath and Beyond. it was reasonably priced :-) Very accurate, doesn't fluctuate.