Bump
  • ladybug2020
    ladybug2020 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Now that I'm a moderator, I can edit my original post, since nothing has been said about whether this is against the rules I'll assume it's not, I've made minor alterations to some of the nutrition and exercise parts, nothing crazy, but added a day of weight training to the initial stage, and changed the protein levels slightly (upward) based on new data and new research.
  • stefraab
    stefraab Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I have a question...
    I know your plan is broad and I'm sure you don't want to answer questions from every tom **** and harry, but I was wondering...

I'm in stage three (I think). I'm about 10lbs away from a "healthy" weight (according to my BMI).

I'm still doing P90 - I'm in the higher intensity cardio/weights now. I was just wondering if that kind of thing fits into your "stage three" exercise suggestions. That's really the only exercise I do/have time for other than some light bike riding with my family in the evenings. I do it all 6 days out of the week.

What do you think?
  • ElaKuz
    ElaKuz Posts: 49
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Tagging for later. Nice article Steve.

How do you tag a thread?
    I'd lke to tag this one too....
    Or do you tag it by just replying...
    *such a newbie*
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    I have a question...
    I know your plan is broad and I'm sure you don't want to answer questions from every tom **** and harry, but I was wondering...

I'm in stage three (I think). I'm about 10lbs away from a "healthy" weight (according to my BMI).

I'm still doing P90 - I'm in the higher intensity cardio/weights now. I was just wondering if that kind of thing fits into your "stage three" exercise suggestions. That's really the only exercise I do/have time for other than some light bike riding with my family in the evenings. I do it all 6 days out of the week.

What do you think?

sounds about right (your stage). As far as P90X goes, I've tried it before, just to say I did, I don't like the nutrition part at all, but the workouts are decent as far as a generic exercise program goes. Really, like any exercise program, you get out of it what you put into it so if you work hard, put in the effort, you'll see pretty good results from it. Are there better programs than P90X? Yeah, almost any worthwhile trainer will give you a better routine, just because they can personalize it, but that doesn't mean P90 is bad, it's just more generic, so it may not get you quite as far, or give you quite the results as a good individualized program would. The only part of p90X exercise I think is not good is the Plyo part, most of what he gives you isn't actually plyometric, or just barely so, as a trainer, that's one of the things I specialize in (explosion training, agility, quickness, and reaction time) and I just feel his plyo is weak, but other than that, I think it's ok. I still think you could get out and do better HIIT than what they offer, but if you're pressed for time and can't afford a trainer, it's worth it.
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Tagging for later. Nice article Steve.

How do you tag a thread?
    I'd lke to tag this one too....
    Or do you tag it by just replying...
    *such a newbie*

you just did. :tongue:
  • LJA1968
    LJA1968 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Another bump for a great thread.
  • cardigirl
    cardigirl Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    ooh, forgot about this post, self-bump
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Thanks this is awsome!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    bump
  • im_blessed
    im_blessed Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    you have noooo idea how helpful this was. Thanks a lot!!
  • SkorpionUK
    Options
    This is helpful indeed, BUMP so others see it too.
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    man this post is old. does that mean I'm old? :cry: