Weight in question ***woman only

Options
Do you weigh in when you're on or about to start your period if you know you're probably not going to like what the scale says b.c you feel bloated?

Replies

• BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Nope! Even if I'm not on my period and I just feel bloated that day, I don't weigh myself because I know I'll be discouraged.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day to keep from getting to stressed out about official weigh-ins. I know that I'll be more if I'm feeling bloated, I don't worry about it.
  • nickyeatrunread
    nickyeatrunread Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself regardless, including today, in fact! Even if it flucuates, I like to keep a steady log of my weight so I can start each week over and put it behind me, regardless of loss or gain. Always looking forward- :)
  • deniserenee_02
    deniserenee_02 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Nope I gain like 3 lbs.
  • NubianSpirit
    NubianSpirit Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    i only weigh myself once a week and lean more on the fit of my jeans as a scale for how i am doing. those same hormonal imbalances that cause bloating also lead me to feel really bad about the numbers on the scale (and the tightness of the jeans) so i do my best to avoid anything that will "encourage" negative thinking on my behalf.

:grumble:
  • Aphreal
    Aphreal Posts: 103
    Options
    I no longer have the plumbing but I wouldn't even weigh in during that week when I did.
  • AmyM713
    AmyM713 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I had wondered about this too, but I weighed in today and I've gained 2lbs since last week, hoping its just because its that time of the month, or maybe its just muscle from working out.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily regardless of TOM or if I am retaining water.
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I was down on myself today cause I stayed the same and guess what? I got my TOM. At my age you never know anymore when it will show up, but I was happy that was the problem. I've been doing all the right things and no weight loss. Now I know why!
  • ruthiebabe78
    Options
    I weigh in everyday. I know that water weight/PMSing and every other little fluctuation can effect it. BUT it gives me the momentum to try harder for that day if I see the number go up at all. BTW: I found out that I gain about 7 POUNDS the week before I get my period. CRAZY! But I usually drop 5.5 lbs. once I actually begin my period and once it ends, I'm usually down even more then what I started at. It helps me to know exactly what my body is doing and keep me going even through the ups and downs.
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    yup and I always get about a 10 pound gain.
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I personally weigh daily because I like to see how different foods affect me. :)
  • kyrakoala
    Options
    I weigh myself even more during periods, but i don't record it on MFP. I just like to keep track of whats actually water weight from bloating and what is fat/muscle. For me, I know it helps to realize that the extra weight is NOT because of any binging, but from a normal occurance for all women.

However, for some women it is a huge bummer and can be very discouraging.

You know yourself best, so whatever works for you, do it!! :)
  • seattlerain
    seattlerain Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily....

Unless I spent an entire weekend drinking.
  • Ash1819
    Options
    I weigh in regardless. I think it's really important for my sanity.

:)
  • DzzyButterfly
    DzzyButterfly Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I do. If the scale goes up, I don't log it. I just skip logging my weight until the bloat is gone-- normally 2-3 days.
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I weigh so that I can know how much I usually retain. I've learned that I tend to gain between 2-3lbs of water weight around my period so I never stress it since I know it will disappear.

I just think its interesting to see the fluctuations. I don't let it bother me since I've been trending downward since I started this.

I like to weigh daily.
  • Kelsbellz
    Kelsbellz Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday and I know that during that time I gain 3-5 pounds. It sucks but it is what it is.
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I can't weigh myself daily because i'd harp over the numbers, I'm also being tested for hypothyroid so it might be the reason I can't lose the weight so easy. Which is making me sad :(
  • minimaggie
    minimaggie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I weigh in at the same time once a week every week regardless of TOM, most of the time I gain a little, but the next week is SOOOOOOOOOOO much sweeter!!!!