Weight in question ***woman only

Options

Replies

• amyy902
    amyy902 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    yeah, but its important to keep a rationale mind. during you TOM a woman can gain upto 10lbs.
  • Melissa_Dawn90
    Melissa_Dawn90 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I posted a qustion just like this a few weeks ago and a lot of people said drink water. You bloat and gain because your body retains water during your period so when I upped my amount of water I was drinking, I bloated for like a day and it was gone by the time I weighed-in that week. I lost 4 lbs that week :)
    Good luck!!
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I weight in daily and just recently started to put it as a food note in my diary. I had an ablation done a little over a year ago and no longer get periods but the doctor said my body still goes through the motion. I'm really hoping that is why I had a 1.5 lb weight gain last week (my eating and exercise was the same as all months before). I also hope that by tracking daily I won't panic if/when it happens again next month because I have been very discouraged and frustrated by it. Ironically by tracking daily last week I could see it go up by 5 ozs a day until my official weight in day of Saturday.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week even before TOM. I just take that into consideration if I don't like the number on the scale :)
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week no matter what, for a while I was weighing daily but that was way too stressfull. If I know I am about to start and can feel those effects I make sure to prepare myself for a 1-3 lb gain. I also make sure to double my water intake a few days before to help with the bloating and water retention. Always remember that the weight gain you see, if any before TOM comes is only temporary!
  • jewels68
    Options
    I don't have all the plumbing either. But i can still tell when i should be and dona't weigh that week.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday, whether I'm on my period or not.
  • MissGatekeeper
    Options
    I don't record it, but I do get on the scales. It's reached the point where when I've suddenly gained 3-5 unexplainable pounds, I take it as a sign that I need to make sure I got certain products in my purse...
  • Grlnxtdr0721
    Grlnxtdr0721 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I weigh in with my trainer only. I absolutely hate the scale. However this is about to change since I am getting further along and need to see for myself what is working and what isn't. I am going to try to do it at the same time every day- and that means every day regardless.
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I don't record it, but I do get on the scales. It's reached the point where when I've suddenly gained 3-5 unexplainable pounds, I take it as a sign that I need to make sure I got certain products in my purse...

lol good point
  • GINAvsGINA
    GINAvsGINA Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I do weigh-in, my weigh-in last week was when my period was beginning and yes I was bloated but the scale was still down 2lbs. I try to drink lots of water even though I feel bloated.
  • SaketoKim
    SaketoKim Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily cycle or not..
  • kay4489
    Options
    i was just talking about this today with a friend! i'm currently during that dreaded TOM and i've maintained my weight throughout it. nothing lost, nothing gained. not even a few ounces. i'm curious to see how far, if at all, the numbers on the scale will go down once it's gone. for me, i still weigh just because i want to check in and see where i stand. for u, do what u feel most comfortable with. if u know ur going to get discouraged by a weight increase, even if u know it's probably water retention and/or bloating, don't do it. if u can handle, go right ahead!

16138725.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Drinking extra water doesn't do a thing to help me and my bloat, I drink about 13 glasses a day and still bloat. Blech
  • RainbowBrite86
    RainbowBrite86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh myself daily, but if I am up 5-7 lbs..I know it's coming.
  • MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    No I stay off the scale for a week before and about two days after my cycle.
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I weigh in, just to see what the scale says, but I definitely don't enjoy the jump in numbers. Nonetheless, a gain of 2-6 pounds during your TOM is normal. Don't worry, it will go away :happy:
  • EBaca140
    Options
    I weigh myself regardless, including today, in fact! Even if it fluctuates, I like to keep a steady log of my weight so I can start each week over and put it behind me, regardless of loss or gain. Always looking forward- :)

this is perfect!

example; two weeks ago I just knew I was going to gain-I stayed the same, last week I was up almost a pound. This week I was down 5!! Not quite sure how that happened....? But no matter what log your weight record your food and keep going. :happy:
  • bulletprooff
    Options
    I weigh so that I can know how much I usually retain. I've learned that I tend to gain between 2-3lbs of water weight around my period so I never stress it since I know it will disappear.

I just think its interesting to see the fluctuations. I don't let it bother me since I've been trending downward since I started this.

I like to weigh daily.

same here, i'll gain a bit before and during and then right after it all will drop off. it sucks that it takes a month to feel that glory, but it is what it is :P
  • StrongandTender
    StrongandTender Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day and I hate those ups. However, I plot them (or my weight tracker app does) so I can see the patterns over time and not be discouraged by the upswings.