6 months into strenght training

Options

Replies

• SmashliT
    SmashliT Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Amazing! I am so glad to have read this, I have recently started liftting weights but haven't seen a difference on the scale. I was starting to feel discouraged....read this and now I am reminded that those numbers aren't what matter!

As a side note....it is awesome that you have been a surrogate 4 times. How wonderful to know the amazing impact you have had on others lives.
  • OneSchrutebuck
    Options
    You look amazing!!
  • summer827
    summer827 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Awesome and encouraging to a new heavy lifter here! You look fantastic--congrats!!

I'm following the Starting Strength program. I'm 5' and eating 1800-2100 calories per day. Increasing my calories was quite a leap of faith for me! I'm 2 months into strength training and 1 month into SS...can't wait to see what 6 months brings!
  • Butterfly3730
    Options
    Wonderful progress! Congrats :-)
  • gemmaldavies
    Options
    great story, u look amazing too. so strong & thin ;o)
  • myboysmomx2
    myboysmomx2 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Great dedication and determination. Even though the weight loss on NROL4W has been small, your pictures from one month, to another, to another speak volumes for the program and your hard work. I'm in Stage one of NROL4W and so far, I'm loving it. My upper body strength is weak and needs much improvement. I'm excited to see the difference in my body in six months time. Thanks for sharing your story and pictures!
  • OfficialPR
    OfficialPR Posts: 1,610 Member
    Options
    Excellent Work!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone.
  • MrsFelton2010
    MrsFelton2010 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Proof is in the pics not the scale
  • BADGIRLstl
    BADGIRLstl Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I needed to come across this thread. I needed to see your body transform the way it did with 0 weightloss. I would'nt believe it if you didn't tell me.

WOW! This is soooooooooooo motivating!
  • Antigone
    Antigone Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! I love that you didn't let the SCALE measure your progress! You look amazing and are such an inspiration! I want to be STRONG just like you. :)
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    KUDOS to you!!! For putting it out there....I cannot stress how much I love inches loss pair up to the scale( granted we all want to get those pds off) but it is just as important..and the pictures don't lie!! EXCELLENT WORK...so much talk about his book...Think I will get that myself...Thanks for sharing!
  • ernurse77
    ernurse77 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    And you know what - those lines on your stomach - those are your badge of honour for being a amazing mom - if someone ever offered me a smooth tummy in exchange for the opportunity to be mom to my son I would just say "no deal"!!

I couldn't agree more! Wear those stretch marks as a badge of honor and courage! Funny thing is, I have them on my stomach from my pregnancies and they don't bother me, but the one's that I have on my hips/thighs/boobs from puberty, THOSE I hate. I am now encouraged to get that book and start doing that work out. I have ALWAYS enjoyed strength training. Thank you for the inspiration!

Mind if I friend you to ask you questions?
  • gailosborne
    Options
    Brilliant!! You look amazing!!! What an inspiration!
  • Gwendalyne
    Gwendalyne Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    6 pregnancies!!! You've sold me...picking up the book myself!
  • stcar
    stcar Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm going to pick up this book today, thanks and you look amazing!
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    amazing work you've done!! you should be very proud!!! :flowerforyou:
  • HisChild2011
    HisChild2011 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Um so bump.
  • Neize
    Neize Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! :flowerforyou:
  • feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Felicitations! I had pre-eclampsia with my twins, and it leaves you feeling like you've been hit by a truck! Thanks for inspiring me!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!