Couch-to-5k App/Program. Any thoughts?

Options
2»

Replies

• realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Love love love C25K! Started it in October and ran my first 5k in December. I have done five 5k races now and just finished B210K with my first 10K race scheduled for 3/10! I always despised running, but now it is the exercise that I am the most consistant with and try to run every other day.

My advice is to sign up for a 5K to keep you motivated.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I used this to start running last year around March/April. Since graduating the program I've run a few adventure races and 5k's, 3 1/2 Marathons, and a 1/2 Ironman.

I whole heartedly endorse this program for beginner runners. Make sure you get yourself fitted properly for shoes and make sure you take it slow. The number 1 reason beginning runners fail is because they try to go too fast or too far.
  • frogman4591
    Options
    I am in Week 7 and using C25K Lite on my Android phone. I kike it because I don't have to watch the timer on the treadmill. I put in a DVD start the treadmill and app at the same time and start walking. when it beeps, I start running and when it beeps again back to walking. It keeps time so I don't have to. That way I stay focused on my training and my form.
  • frogman4591
    Options
    I did mine three times per week and at the times that the program calls for. Each week started out hard, but by time the week ended I was ready to move forward.