Women with chin length hair, what do you do

Options
with your hair when working out? Mine is too short to tie up, and I hate to have my hair in my face. I can manage a retarded looking half up half down, with lots of pins to keep it off my face but it looks really silly haha. I bought a couple of hair bands today to try out, they were just cheapies, but neither I could make work (they wouldnt stay on my head once i started moving around).

Any suggestions? (May not check back for a while, I'm actually heading off to the gym now, hence thinking about this annoyance of mine lol)

Replies

• carolynmittens
    Options
    come on, tiny pigtails!
  • katemiddletonisawesome
    Options
    You know those flat clips? Those work well or an all around the head cloth head band. It keeps the hair off the back of the neck and out of your face. Plus you can just throw it in the wash when you're done.
  • JustJudy
    JustJudy Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    How about a bandana rolled up to look like a headband? I have seen ladies wear the thicker headbands to my class as well.
  • Ericacea
    Options
    Bandanas, headbands, half pony. I don't currently have short hair, but I played a lot of ultimate frisbee when I did, so I really needed to be able to see without hair. I've never had much luck with clips or pins while working out.
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I use a headband. :smile:
  • KandieLantz
    KandieLantz Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I used to put mine in a half pony and use some bobbypins for the strays.. or pig tails!
  • lruff1987
    lruff1987 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I bought a pack of stretchy headbands from Walmart, and I just slide one up to keep the hair away from my face. It works out!
  • SomeMorr
    SomeMorr Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I just cut my hair to a little shorter than chin length, I use colorful snap clips for my bangs and the rest of the hair can just hang behind my ears. the hair bands that are elastic and go all the way around your head just do not work for me.

2insnapclip.jpg
    you can get these at the dollar store
  • kimbux
    kimbux Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Lululemon non-slip headband - my favorite!!
  • Alexagetsfit
    Alexagetsfit Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    When i had shorter hair I did two things:

1. I french braided my hair. a lot.
    2. Found good headbands. I found that when I put hair spray or mousse or any other product in my hair in the morning, the hair bands would stick in my hair better later in the day. Flat-ironing your hair makes the hair bands slip out mush easier.

I also have a friend that swears by these: http://www.sweatybands.com/
  • Missylydia
    Missylydia Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I wear a large 'elastic' which is like a bobble but designed to go right around your head and is lined with rubbery stuff (gel) so it doesn't slip.
    When it was a bit longer i would pin up what was left.
    I have also done the small pigtail thing, that also does the trick. :)
  • paeli
    paeli Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Pig tails!
  • kperk91
    kperk91 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I have long hair, but a lot of fringe bangs. I keep those back with a wide headband or a sport grip headband
  • spacetiger
    Options
    I'm in the process of letting my short hair grow out and I'm at what I call "the stupid stage" where I really can't do anything with it. I usually use a bandanna for working out.
  • hajenkatt
    hajenkatt Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I am all about the tiny low pigtails. It actually prefer it when I do my ab work because then my ponytail doesn't hurt my head.
  • kar74
    kar74 Posts: 49
    Options
    I also do low tiny pigtails for work (massage therapist) and exercise. When exercising, I also throw a soft headband on to keep my bangs out of my face.
  • 123Kate
    123Kate Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    ok im back.

I bought one of the elastic around the head headbands today but it just slipped straight out - didnt see any with rubber on it, may have to look in teh actual sports shop and see what they have. May try the hairspray thing though! I do straighten my hair, which makes them slip out really easily.

Thanks for the ideas, I think I need to invest in some better clips, and hunt around for a better headband!
  • bzmommy34
    bzmommy34 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Bandana with low pigtails - definitely did the trick for me!
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    If the headband is slipping off and is too big, try the KIDS SECTION for headbands.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I just wear it down, sometimes a headband (cheap plastic variety) and sometimes a half-pony that actually looks more like a stumpy little hamster tail sticking straight out the back of my head.