Women with chin length hair, what do you do

Options

Replies

• CCChaos625
    CCChaos625 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My new favorite thing is to french braid the "bangs" or front of my hair like a headband. LOVE THIS- it will last thru 2 back to back Zumba classes!!!!
  • kelleymeg
    kelleymeg Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    i swear by lululemon headbands. im not a fan of the "non-slip" ones as they pull at my hair, but i can't find the old-school ones anymore. Theyre my fav - great for keeping the hair off my face and sweat absorb-tion during cardio!
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I wear a sweatband. I feel nekkid without it ... kind of like not wearing a watch.

I've gone to out of town races and forgot to pack it ... made the whole crew go with me to a sporting good's store and get one.

Although it's narrow - it's multi-functional. Today I used it cover my ears until I warmed up. It also serves as something to keep my headphones in place. But its main function is to keep my hair out of the way.
  • purplegoboom
    purplegoboom Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I have elastic type headband that I use, and they never slip. I also put in tiny pigtails.
  • Jen_Beauch
    Options
    I find the inch or thicker cloth headbands work for me. Keeps hair out of face, especially when bangs where in awkward growing out phase
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I have the non-slip headbands that sort of work. My hair is slippery though, so even those slip. I just make sure my hair is long enough that I can always put it in a pony tail. With three kids under 3 1/2 I HAVE to be able to put it up!
  • jickalina
    jickalina Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I use thick headbands, or this cool elastic on one end doo-rag type of thing. Lol, maybe silly, or maybe badass thug? I like to think the latter. Also, i find that if i can at least pin my bangs back so it's not sucked onto my skin when i start sweating i can deal with just tucking my sides behind my ears when i need to.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I wear a cap...keeps the hair out of my face, and helps absorb any sweat.
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I find the inch or thicker cloth headbands work for me. Keeps hair out of face, especially when bangs where in awkward growing out phase

I do this, too. My hair is sooooooo ungodly thick, I have to split it and do 2-3 ponytails and use a wide headband. I wash them once a week and let them air dry so they don't lose the elasticity. When they get to the point of being 'too stretched' out and slip off my head, that's when I dry them to shrink them. Works every time.
  • PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I like the Walgreen's generic cloth headbands that are about an inch thick. They are thick enough to stay in place but don't pull.
  • ineedhelp18
    ineedhelp18 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    i have long hair but still messy at the gym!!, anyways Can french braid it?
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    I do my hair half-up. It keeps it out of my face. Try a headband as well if you have bangs.
  • kensky
    kensky Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I almost always just wear a cap. I used to love my Buff bandana headband thingy but it got lost so back to my ugly Mizzou baseball cap that will not die.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    When mine was chin length I wore my golf cap and I also used a headband. Or just wore it down.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Barrettes, one on each side.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I do the little bump/ "flat bump" with my hair or I'll use a headband.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Hair into a ponytail and then two cloth headbands (layered over one another, overlapping) to keep fly-aways out of my face! Works double duty & collects sweat too :)
  • cekemmis
    Options
    Scunci makes some headbands with the rubber on them. I buy the children sized ones cause they hold better. My hair has grown quite a bit since then though and can now put it all in one elastic.
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I just cut my hair to a little shorter than chin length, I use colorful snap clips for my bangs and the rest of the hair can just hang behind my ears. the hair bands that are elastic and go all the way around your head just do not work for me.

2insnapclip.jpg
    you can get these at the dollar store

I got my hair cut chin length on saturday. I loved flip clips even when my hair was long to keep the bangs back. They worked great today while working out!
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options

I also have a friend that swears by these: http://www.sweatybands.com/

I swear by sweatybands too - they are great, and they don't move :-) Plus they have tons of neat patterns and styles.