What is your #1 weight loss tip?

Options

Replies

• scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Run. Run like someone lit a fire under your *kitten*.
  • alexa137
    alexa137 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Find something you love to do that is physical! Walk, shop, swim, go to the beach, canoe, hike, and my favorite...have lots of great sex! That works too!:blushing:

wow! now i know why i cant get help losing weight! proven fact that kissing and sex burns calories-(ive been single 6 yrs!) :(
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    eat less-move more
  • Demmuscles
    Demmuscles Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    MINIMUM 30 mins high intensity DAILY. If it's only 30 mins you have no excuse not to do it....that's how I did it!

And drink water
  • slo02ee
    Options
    Weigh/measure everything and track EVERYTHING, even bites, and don't track it until you're eating it (not at the beginning of the day).
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Make it fun!
  • mlybrn
    mlybrn Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Don't go for tooo long without food though, just in case you become weak, or so hungry that you eat everything in sight. Sometimes I get weak before I feel hungry, so I need to eat something small regularly to prevent this. Hunger reminds people to eat, but not with me :(
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Believe
  • gaylelynnbell
    gaylelynnbell Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    i take things one day at a time. I love the sew your mouth shut...if only I could do that....

THIS!!

I only worry about today. The only time I think ahead is when I grocery shop.
    And don't allow junk food in the house!
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    Don't skip breakfast!

Second tip: Do what works for you. Don't make changes that are just going to make things more difficult.
    Skip breakfast if you want, eat 2 giant meals or 10 tiny ones. Doesn't matter as long as you are comfortable with it and it is easiest for you to stick with!

awesome response! Great advice.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I remember once a good friend of mine was bartending and another friend of ours said, "How can I lose some weight?" Bartender friend said, "Why don't you cut off your head." :laugh: Cracked me up.

But in all seriousness, what is finally starting to work for me is adding about 3-4 short cardio sessions per week after work. I work out with a trainer 3 days a week and it was not until I started adding some HIIT intervals on my treadmill or even just walks at a good incline at home for no more than 30 minutes that the pounds started coming off.
  • khadijak17
    khadijak17 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    all of the above and don't deprive yourself of anything! it's a lifestyle change and not diet! change habits so they become a way of life! there are days when you will want to eat something high in cals or from a takeaway......have it in proportion...and don't feel guilty!! :) x
  • b0t23
    b0t23 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Drinks lots of water.

Move more.

Find a cardio exercise you actually LIKE to do.
    Hiking, Walking, Cycling, Dancing, Jump Rope, something that you don't HATE to do. Find a partner to do it with.

Some sort of strength training.
    Yoga, pushups, pilates, even find a place you can volunteer where you have to carry stuff sometimes. Be CREATIVE.
  • gleechick609
    Options
    If it fits your macronutrients, eat it.
  • Brandie1029
    Brandie1029 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Great idea Brandie. I can def. improve on both the protein and fiber. Thanks!

No problem! :smile:
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Sleep is more important so get 6-8 hours and skip breakfast.
    Eat 20% below TDEE to lose fat, not lean mass.
    Hit the macros every day and enjoy a weekly cheat day.

Follow the 90/10 rule!

Eat 90% good food and 10% junk!
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Mindset. I never really banned anything in my weight loss. Its not a diet. i'm not going to ban candy, soda, cake, etc completely out of my diet, but eating those things in massive portions got me here. Being conscious of what you put in your body and what you are doing to burn that off.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    stick with whole foods
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    To pick just one...

ACCOUNTABILITY!

We all make poor choices from time to time, we might skip workouts or eat foods we shouldn't. OWN IT. Only when you accept that you are the only person that affects the outcome of your journey in life, will you be able to succeed!
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Believe

^^This... above all else!