lab-grown meat

Options
1235»

Replies

• HeidiRene
    HeidiRene Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    You might want to re-evaluate your communication strategy if you would like to have any affect on anyone's meat consumption. Rather than being persuasive your unguided rant is inflamatory and reads as a whiny attack as opposed to intelligent information sharing that is compelling enough to instigate the desire to change. In other words = your post was an epic fail.
  • Ilovepeppers
    Ilovepeppers Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    About 4 of my meals per week contain meat (4 out of 21) because, well, I'm just not too crazy about the taste and I don't want to spend the time trying to make it tastier.. And yes, it's a little strange, but many things have been strange and been proven very useful in making life and living more efficient.

What is the environmental impact theyre hoping to lessen? I think if thr government demanded better treatment and care of the animals and issued great fines to those that did not follow along, meat would be more expensive, people would eat ut less often, animals would be treated more humanely. I don't know much about it but I have to buy my meat kosher and it is much more expensive for many reasons. But one of those reasons is the required treatment of the animal-and, my poor self can't afford much of it when I do buy.

Edit: the girl above me makes an excellent point, the way you worded everything makes it sound strongly like youre talking down to people which automatically makes people defensive or discredit what youre saying- unless they tooagree with you.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Im gonna chow down on this while I watch this all come crashing down

five-guys-burger-fries.jpg

This always happens - somebody has nothing intelligent to offer, so they just post a picture of the "juiciest" (i.e. fattiest) piece of meat they can find. Right along with all the others purporting that meat is such a healthy option! Ha!

wait, wait, wait.... so, are you saying fat is unhealthy? shoots, i'm going to have to rethink my macros.
  • Lena1967
    Lena1967 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian for 21 years, and I don't find this disturbing at all. I think it would be a great innovation that that could end up preventing a lot of animal suffering. My husband, who loves meat but doesn't eat it because of ethical reasons, would be delighted. Not to mention the potential human medical benefits, as another poster mentioned.