Options
13»

Replies

• cerrajean
    cerrajean Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 1 day 3, and here's my 2 cents:

Step 1: Watch the dvd.

I think it's best to know what you're getting in to, plus it will help you anticipate the next circuit's moves. You'll also be able to say "Okay, I can't do the push ups, but if i hold this plank pose, I KNOW I can do the jumping jacks that come next" or something like that. I felt really silly sitting and WATCHING a workout dvd, but once I started 30DS, I was glad to know what it was all about. I plan on watching level 2 before I go up, too.

Also in this step, before you work out, do your measurements. I didn't ever want to know my measurements, but now that I've lost 40lbs, I'd like to know where I started. I'll never know, so I just have to say I was a size 26, now I'm an 18. I did my measurements for 30DS though, hopefully they'll come up in the Success Stories forum later with significant change!

Step 2: Just try.

It's HARD. I'm not going to lie. but I will say it's as hard as you want it to be. I push myself, that's just who I am. I can burn 300+ calories in one workout with 30DS, My best friend is around 130, others i've seen are in the 200 range. That's perfectly fine. Don't waste your time looking at others and wondering why they're burning so many more calories- the thing that matters is how you feel. Even being on day 3 of level 1, I feel stronger. I'm coming back from a shoulder injury, so i was scared to try the pushups. So far, so good!

Step 3: Keep going!

I promise you, you can do this! Just remember my lifelong mantra:

IF IT HURTS, DON'T DO IT!

If you can't do the jumping jacks or butt-kicks, just do punches in place. the point is to keep your heart rate up, but mostly, injuring yourself will do you NO GOOD, so make sure you're not pushing yourself too hard.

Best of luck!
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I was very unfit and a slight smoker. I still managed to push my way through it! Here are my results if you need a little inspiration!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/496724-30ds-results-with-pics-long-post-sorry
  • cerrajean
    cerrajean Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I just survived day 3 level 1... :)
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    ive been around second hand smoke for 22 years(im 22) and i did 30DS and the first time i was wheezing like i was dying but ur doing it without people watching so if it is too much u can stop :) i liked 30DS after doing it a couple days the wheezing slowly went away :) just be careful and listen to ur body