Is it overkill?

Options
124»

Replies

• BelleHeart
    BelleHeart Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Divaslimsdown ( she is on youtube and on mfp as plussizediva24) has lost a looot of weight and most days she does have a deficit. I think its fine as long as you take care of yourself and stop when your body tells you to stop. I have gone into a deficit a couple of times and I am perfectly fine and I lost 13 pounds in one month. As long as you are careful you will be fine.
  • 0EmmeNicole0
    0EmmeNicole0 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    elliptical at level 25!??? U are a beast !
  • DizsJourney
    DizsJourney Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I have two recomendations for you. the first is to get yourself a heart rate monitor. that way you will truly know how many calories youve burned, no matter what machine or exercise youre doing.

secondly, if your not already you want to start doing some weight training a couple days a week. it will really help your weight loss.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    This thread has got out of hand. All this debate. To the OP, read what I said and succeed.

To the rest of the thread....

Yes, since he is overweight, you can run a larger deficit. I don't mean -50/-50 but it would be larger than someone like me.

However, what he is doing is not good at all. I am sick and tired of this "I gotta get it off quick" mentality. It took you years to gain the weight, it's going to take a while to get it off in a healthy way. If you want to look like a bag of bones, go right ahead and continue. If you want to look like you actually lift, I suggest you take a few steps back.

1. Nutrition
    2. Lift weights
    3. Use cardio as needed. ( You probably WONT need it)