So, are eggs good or bad?

Options

Replies

• raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I love eggs! I do try to get them locally when I can though ;) I can't understand not eating the yokes though....best part :P
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I have chickens...all the organic egg deliciousness that I could ever want! :) Nummers...

<----jealous :(
  • MILFdoesabodyGd
    MILFdoesabodyGd Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I've lost plenty of weight before eating at least 2 hard boiled eggs a DAY. I love them, they're filled with protein and keep you full. They make a good breakfast or one here and there as a snack.
  • pandasand
    pandasand Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I eat a hard-boiled egg everyday with my breakfast and nothing bad has happened to me yet :laugh:
    I'm not overweight, don't have high cholesterol/bp, nor do I have any other health problems. So I'm pretty sure eggs are alright as long as you don't overdo it.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,024 Member
    Options
    Good! I wish I liked them because they are quick and easy to prepare.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I have chickens...all the organic egg deliciousness that I could ever want! :) Nummers...

I bet your eggs are excellent. I wish I had a source for fresh eggs! They sell out at my farmers market within about an 1 hour.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I believe egg WHITES are good, not that yucky yolk in the middle. The only problem I have with eggs is they are relatively high in sodium for being such small doses of food. I eat egg whites just about every day, I love them!

16774070.png

FYI, all that yucky yolk in the middle is where the majority of the nutrition is! Like Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, Vaitamin A, Vitamin B6, Phosphorus, Selenium, Calcium, Zinc, Iron..........Eat real whole foods people!!
    Chart here the spells it all out.

http://www.incredibleegg.org/health-and-nutrition/egg-nutrients/nutrient-chart
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I eat 5-6 eggs every morning...they are good!

My cholesterol levels are awesome too.
  • taramaclaren
    taramaclaren Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    100000% good. Especially if you are eating the egg whites and sparingly eating the whole egg.
  • Chood5
    Chood5 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I believe egg WHITES are good, not that yucky yolk in the middle. The only problem I have with eggs is they are relatively high in sodium for being such small doses of food. I eat egg whites just about every day, I love them!

16774070.png

yucky yolk???????????????
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options

16774070.png

FYI, all that yucky yolk in the middle is where the majority of the nutrition is! Like Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, Vaitamin A, Vitamin B6, Phosphorus, Selenium, Calcium, Zinc, Iron..........Eat real whole foods people!!

I could not AGREE MORE!! Not to mention.........It's wasteful to throw out the yolk:cry:
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

16774070.png

Thanks for posting, I was about to do the same! I eat 2 WHOLE eggs almost everyday. I have lost 70 lbs, had my total work up ran last month and all my numbers were spot on, including cholesterol levels!
  • christyfaith1220
    Options
    Well, there are 70 calories in one large egg. I eat two large hard boiled eggs for breakfast every morning, making it 140 calories. Those calories go a LONG way, though. Those, along with a medium apple, which has lots of fiber, makes for a super filling breakfast. I never feel hungry before noon when I eat this for breakfast. Also, I've found that I lose more weight when I eat eggs for breakfast as opposed to a healthy cereal. I read a study that showed the exact same result. People lost more weight eating eggs in the morning than the group that ate whole grains(same amount of calories).
  • SirZee
    SirZee Posts: 381
    Options
    Egg whites are good, yolks have some good in them too, but the bad makes it not worth it.

I've been eating 3 boiled eggs and a hand full of celery stalks for weekday lunch (at work) for the last couple years, chucking the yolk every time (and not worrying if little pieces of it remained). I work out during lunch--mostly weight training--and eat them after the workout. Been doing yearly cholesterol checks, and there isn't a difference in my before-eggs and after-eggs periods.

I started eating the eggs in earnest a couple years ago after reading an article about it. For a month I ate a tonn of eggs, like 12-15 a day, basically every time I'd feel hungry I'd eat one or two (WHITES only btw, no yolk). Lost 10 pounds fast, then it plateaud (plus my focus on the "an-egg-for-hunger-diet" dissipated).

Now that I started MFP calorie counting, I love how small the numeric impact is compared to how "not-hungry" I feel when eating my daily 3x boiled eggs minus yolk. I'm convinced that the key to long term success is finding other foods/groups that have low calorific/high I-feel-like-i-ate-a-bunch foods :) Eggs fit the bill perfectly, especially if you skip the yolk.
  • iamthevieve
    Options
    My longest post so far!
    Anyway, so like 3 whole scrambled eggs are ok for breakfast every morning? That's what I had this morning and it kept me nice and full until snack time.
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I love eggs...hard boiled especially with a little salt. Plus, they are so versatile and you can do so much with them. My favorite is cheese omelettes, but I usually want more cheese than is good for me!
  • rbear713
    rbear713 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I love eggs! I do try to get them locally when I can though ;) I can't understand not eating the yokes though....best part :P

/\
    |
    |

I'm wit dat guy!....n jealous too - hmmm...chicken coop, chickens, egss (yum), chicken feed....chicken *kitten* - ok not so jealous, but the egg part sound delicious!
  • SirZee
    SirZee Posts: 381
    Options
    Hey, I made a long post! Lol.

Anyway, so like 3 whole scrambled eggs are ok for breakfast every morning? That's what I had this morning and it kept me nice and full until snack time.

I compromised on my wekends breakfast (used to be 3 eggs sunny side up), now I use one egg, and use egg-white (comes in boxes like milk) to fill the rest.
  • seansquared
    seansquared Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Let's keep it simple:

Eggs are good. Period.
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Well, there are 70 calories in one large egg. I eat two large hard boiled eggs for breakfast every morning, making it 140 calories. Those calories go a LONG way, though. Those, along with a medium apple, which has lots of fiber, makes for a super filling breakfast. I never feel hungry before noon when I eat this for breakfast. Also, I've found that I lose more weight when I eat eggs for breakfast as opposed to a healthy cereal. I read a study that showed the exact same result. People lost more weight eating eggs in the morning than the group that ate whole grains(same amount of calories).

I have to agree. I tend to feel more full throughout the morning (and less tempted by sweets in the office) if I eat a higher protein and reasonable whole grain meal.