Where are the positive people?

Options

Replies

• TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    I love to motivate and encourage people. I put negative people on ignore.

You motivate me! :flowerforyou: :blushing:
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Golly Wally... Gee Beev aint this thread swell and wholesome. Flower power for everyone :flowerforyou:
  • Charlottejogs
    Charlottejogs Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I'm here I 'm here! I like to be positive and encouraging! There are plenty of us out there- Sorry that they seem to be hiding in a sea of negativity! I have been hearing a lot of that lately- yuck! Lets drown them out! Add me if you like!
  • fang19423
    fang19423 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I totally agree - feel free to add me if you like :flowerforyou:
  • luvnthenewme
    luvnthenewme Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    You can call my Pollyanna..... my BF does!!! LOL!!!! I am one of those "positive people"! (And no... my name is really not Pollyanna)
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I ate them.
    Did that turn you into a positive person then? Did it transform you into a unicorn?

I was already a magical unicorn who farts glitter, so I'm not sure it had any effect at all.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I love to motivate and encourage people. I put negative people on ignore.

You motivate me! :flowerforyou: :blushing:

I too, have gained SO much from your posts. Always informative :flowerforyou:
  • TexasGirl_Amie
    Options
    Golly Wally... Gee Beev aint this thread swell and wholesome. Flower power for everyone :flowerforyou:

Doesn't have to be flower power, but there isn't a need to put people down. Just remember most of the people on this site are doing it to be healthier. Being an *kitten* to them doesn't help them. You can be honest without being mean.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I thought i was positive once, then i took the pregnancy test and it came back neg....THANK GOD....:P We unfortunantly live in a world with a lot of negativity, and on this site you have to realize that some people don't eat their exercise calories, which leaves them starving, so they get in grumpy moods. And others are on crazy diets that only allow them to eat an apple and a cup of brocoli in a day....i would be negative nancy if i lived my life that way too:)
  • ashisgonnaloseit
    ashisgonnaloseit Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    you want unconditional love? get a puppy. some people are blatantly doing things wrong and ineffectively, and there are members that want to help.

not agreeing with exactly what you say ≠ unsupportive

I agree with this to a point. I do not think cleaning is a way to log calories you burn, because that is already counted in your every day activity. So, I can understand why someone would say it.

However, it is one of those "if you do not have something nice to say, do not say anything at all" type of things. This is a place for encouragement and support, and people need to remember that. Just ignore them.
  • MummaSue
    MummaSue Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    So right! Negativity breeds negativity, positive thoughts only!
  • Rosiered2
    Rosiered2 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I've got plenty to do worrying about what I eat and what exercise I do and no time at all to be putting other people down for how they do things! Having raised 4 kids, I know that giving positive feedback and healthy "suggestions" goes much farther than ridiculing and putting people down......some people think they are the anti-fat/wrong exercise comedians........they think they are a lot funnier than everyone else does! I'll take warm and fuzzy encouragement over crabby know it alls any day! I'm pretty positive that most of us would!! Add me!
  • scentexpress
    Options
    LOL! Hopefully I won't go on & on but want to give you a lift so that you'll stay on track. I'm also a newbie to MFP but not to weight loss. Since March 2010, I've lost 120 lbs. but I've got a bit left to go. I've lost focus lately & am so glad that this site is like my conscience & is really helping me to be accountable for every bite of food I'm thinking about taking in.

Ok, about the chocolate; I too crave chocolate, but I find I crave it most around my 'time of the month'. Sometimes I can resist; other times I'm on it like a pit bull on a chihahua! :D What helps to curb the sweet tooth is by making sure you're not consuming too many sugary things or from simple carb foods (white bread is horrible-choose whole grain instead)...try curbing your sweet tooth first with a high-fiber fruit (apples, pears, etc) & drink lots of water. Then if all else fails, go for a little bit of chocolate if you must. It may very well be something chemical with us women with regards to chocolate & our cycles...I have polled over 100 women & almost 70% of them admitted to craving during or right before their menstrual cycle.

I am not an expert on weight loss, but having battled my weight my entire life, I've learned SO much about diet, nutrition & exercise. I feel I finally have got a solid grip on my weight loss goals for the first time in my life. I'm not following any specific diet; I'm not taking any pills or supplements; I googled most of my information that I cross-referenced about the most popular diets & it's all I think I'll need. Keep caloric intake, fats, carbs, sugar & sodium low or on a vigilant 'watch list'. Replace them with healthy fats, whole grains, & get as much fiber in your diet as possible. Find a way to love water & stick to it. (I drink over a gallon of water every day...I used to hate water with a passion...unless it was to swim in, bathe or shower in! LOL) And, then most importantly...get up & move by any means necessary! The first mile I walked almost killed me...now I mix walking & running and do an average of 7-10 miles when I get the chance. I'm not doing any marathons..if I do, I'd walk the majority of it but I am able to challenge my cardio & feel so refreshed & renewed. I can honestly say that @ age 42, I feel healthier & more alive than I did at age 16.

Maybe I can post a before pic & where I currently am now....have to dig for some pics but will post them later. Especially since I'm coming in on MFP with a 0 on my weight loss ticker- kind of a bummer you can't alter it to show what's been done so far, but that's ok. Keep the faith & keep your chin up!! :)
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Where are the positive people?

They all died of dysentery or malaria
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    This thread title is an AIDs joke waiting to happen.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    there are no positive people here lol
    all the shirtless trolls eated them
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I was already a magical unicorn who farts glitter, so I'm not sure it had any effect at all.

Thats awesome I wish you could come to some of my parties you would be hotter than sunburn!! :laugh:
  • lialuck13
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I believe this site can be a VERY good tool for weight loss when people aren't being jerkoffs! :)
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Remember that how you look at responses is purely under your own interpretation, of which is mostly (and, yes, I am generalizing here) based on your current emotion. There are PLENTY of honest and supportive people on here. And then there are the snarky, honest, supportive ones...and yes, even the asshats of the world...

Choose wisely grasshopper
  • SabrinaR10
    Options
    So, I have been reading topics today. Some of the things people post amaze me. I thought that MFP was supposed to be about being healthier and having a support group to help, not tear people down. Deleting friends because of what they consider to be exercise is stupid. If people are just starting out or have very sedentary lifestyles normally and they want to log cleaning or sex or whatever, that is their business. If you don't like it, who cares?

If you want to sit on a high horse and judge people for their choices, find somewhere else to do it. I am not talking about constructive criticism, as we can all use that. I'm talking about being a jerk because someone does it differently than you.

That being said, I am looking for the positive people of MFP. I like my supportive friends (that are still honest) and could always use more. I am supportive and try to give advice as I can without being hateful.

Have a great day fellow MFPers! :)

AMEN!!! Feel free to add me!!