Where are the positive people?

Options

Replies

• DivaDiane
    Options
    The way I see it is....

If you set up your profile as "sedentary," then you can correctly consider out-of-the-ordinary daily activities as exercise. Now I'm not saying to log every time you walk up a set of stairs.....but if you are doing heavy housecleaning one day, or raking leaves on another, or things of that nature, go ahead and log them.

You know your own body. If your way of logging works for you, then keep doing it. That's all. No need for people to criticize others if their ideas don't match.
  • xoSundaydrive
    Options
    Right there with you! We are supposed to be one big family.
  • Elibasia
    Elibasia Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    On this site, and in life in general, there are those that will be negative, snarky and down right hateful just because they can, no matter how trivial the subject. Some are this way in real life, and some feel better able to be crappy just because they are behind a computer screen. I've seen more negativity on this site than just about any I've ever been on... but I just steer clear of not only those threads, but those people. I love MFP and it's truely helping me. I just shake my head and move on when I see the snarks. :-)
    Ditto!!!
  • Elibasia
    Elibasia Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I ate them.
    More calories for you:bigsmile:
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    there are no positive people here lol
    all the shirtless trolls eated them

But I'm not shirtless.
  • LalaMicha1
    Options
    Totally agree with you Aimee. Seems to be there are alot of people who get off on starting arguments. I think we call them *kitten* stirrers. They get a charge out of stirring the pot. Best off to ignore them.
  • cbn711
    Options
    Completely agree! I find the support and encouragement on here so helpful! If someone doesn't like what someone posts as their exercise or whatever else, they should simply ignore it... I don't see how it could possibly impact anyone's life enough to make such a big deal about it.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    So, I have been reading topics today. Some of the things people post amaze me. I thought that MFP was supposed to be about being healthier and having a support group to help, not tear people down. Deleting friends because of what they consider to be exercise is stupid. If people are just starting out or have very sedentary lifestyles normally and they want to log cleaning or sex or whatever, that is their business. If you don't like it, who cares?

If you want to sit on a high horse and judge people for their choices, find somewhere else to do it. I am not talking about constructive criticism, as we can all use that. I'm talking about being a jerk because someone does it differently than you.

That being said, I am looking for the positive people of MFP. I like my supportive friends (that are still honest) and could always use more. I am supportive and try to give advice as I can without being hateful.

Have a great day fellow MFPers! :)
    A few months ago, I wrote a blog about people being "Enablers". They will say stuff, so they won't hurt the person feelings. However, they should have just kept it real.

MFP is full of "enablers". I use my experience to help others and I am not going to sugarcoat. You can't cherry pick and choose what you want to hear. It doesn't work like that. If I see you eating 1200 calories a day, doing HIIT 6x a week. I am going to call you out on it. If you're are concerned about eating carbs before bed or "spiking" your metabolism with multiple meals, I am going to call you out on it.

Losing weight, losing bodyfat, and getting healthy is already hard enough. Wouldn't it be nice for someone to clear the BS from around you? When I make claims I always back it up with a link to the research. 99% of the people around here recite what they heard and this is dangerous.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    So, I have been reading topics today. Some of the things people post amaze me. I thought that MFP was supposed to be about being healthier and having a support group to help, not tear people down. Deleting friends because of what they consider to be exercise is stupid. If people are just starting out or have very sedentary lifestyles normally and they want to log cleaning or sex or whatever, that is their business. If you don't like it, who cares?

If you want to sit on a high horse and judge people for their choices, find somewhere else to do it. I am not talking about constructive criticism, as we can all use that. I'm talking about being a jerk because someone does it differently than you.

That being said, I am looking for the positive people of MFP. I like my supportive friends (that are still honest) and could always use more. I am supportive and try to give advice as I can without being hateful.

Have a great day fellow MFPers! :)
    A few months ago, I wrote a blog about people being "Enablers". They will say stuff, so they won't hurt the person feelings. However, if they would say something they would stop the person from doing further damage.

I see a lot of that around here. I use my experience to help others. I am not going to sugarcoat anything. You can't just cherry pick and choose what you want to hear. It doesn't work like that. If I see you eating 1200 calories a day, doing HIIT 6x a week. I am going to call you out on it. If you're are concerned about eating carbs before bed or "spiking" your metabolism with multiple meals, I am going to call you out on it.

Losing weight, losing bodyfat, and getting healthy is already heard enough. Wouldn't it be nice for someone to clear the BS from around you you? When I make claims I always back it up with a link to the research. 99% of the people around here recite what they heard and this is dangerous.

Bravo! Glad you're one of my friends here :)
  • grpeaches
    Options
    I'M A CHOCOLATE LOVER TOO. MY BIGGEST DOWN FALL. SNICKERS SHOULD HAVE WARNING LABLES ON THEM. "CAN BE ADDICTIVE. HASERDESS TO YOUR BUTT!"
  • RetroGlitzDiva
    RetroGlitzDiva Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Amen Sister!!
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    they are all out enjoying a burger and beer!
  • ChrisWag
    ChrisWag Posts: 169
    Options
    ME ME ME!!! I am always happy and positive :)
  • jeyko
    jeyko Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Very well said! We're here for SUPPORT, not to feel bad about our thoughts/views/feelings.
  • gaylelynnbell
    gaylelynnbell Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'm very positive. I've gathered a group of great MFP friends that are all the support I need, so I don't post in the forums often.

I can always use more upbeat people so if you'd like, feel free to send a friend request.
  • MarilynGrube
    MarilynGrube Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I couldn't agree more.. Some people on here are down right mean.. I thought the same exact thing when I joined. I thought this place would be full of support but I was amazed at how rude some posters could be. I think twice before commenting on these forums!! Heck I was deleted a week ago for LORD knows what!! Have no clue what I did wrong..
  • mlosesweight
    Options
    good luck, i'm here if anyone needs a fitness buddy, around 5'1 and looking to lose 10ish pounds?... i hope everyone does great :)
  • LastSixtySix
    LastSixtySix Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    For heaven's sake - it amazes me that some people judge "manual labor" as cheating. Geez. I wear an HRM when I heavy clean and by golly I work up a sweat. First, by running and jogging bending and picking up things all over the house, then starting the dusting and scrubbing. When my heart rate falls during the dusting portion, I grab the new kitty litter box and do lifts with 20-lbs of kitty litter or someother such. Chair push ups always kick the heart rate back up again and all of these things keep it up there. Finally, I end my "cleaning madness" as husband calls it by vacuumming the whole house. Steps along on vacuuming give me a 2,000 step count boost on cleaning days, that doesn't even count my heart rate.

If someone is just slowly going around and not using any speed or muscle in their cleaning, well, they are not being honest. But, by golly, if you have an HRM, strap it on and get to cleaning. You will have a two-fer!!!!

-Debra

P.S. In the old days of my parents, they had to clean their own house, open their own garage door, etc. Life was a lot more physical back then and they didn't have as much of an obesity problem. Clean the house vigorously and you'll be doing some serious exercise that day.
  • jrose74
    Options
    I was always told to sweep off my porch before attempting to sweep off someone else's. In other words.....take care of your own business. If someone wants to log cleaning as a form of exercise than good for you for getting off your rear and taking some initiative to move.

Remember theres more to a healthy body than just the outside. Clean your minds of all of the negative worthless drama n mean comments. Nice is a lost art.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I'd like to think that I'm a positive and supportive person, but I am pretty sure that if my news feed were clogged with people logging such things I'd probably delete them too.

When you log things, your friends see it and it shows up on their home tab. I love seeing what everyone is up to, but I only want to see activities that align with my goals. The whole point of the friends list is to pick and choose the people that motivate you and keep up with them.

So, if you are logging your cooking and cleaning and what not, I'm not trying to judge, but those types of activities don't help me in my weight loss goals, and seeing you do them does not motivate me. I'm not telling you not to do them, but I might say that I don't want to see that all the time.

I'm not gonna soft soap things though. There are oodles of mean people on MFP. I just assume most of them are irritable because they are hungry or have some weird health issues that they are trying to overcome.

If someone deletes me, I don't take it personally. It's not like a person that I am close to rejected me. It's an internet stranger rejecting me... and if I don't motivate you, feel free to delete me without any hard feelings! Life is too short to spend it with people who don't motivate you. It doesn't mean they are bad people or that their efforts are in vain. It just means they don't push you forward in the direction you want to go. It's not a bad thing. It just is.