Polar F6

Options
2»

Replies

• heather93277
    Options
    If it were me, I would have put my exercise on the right day (not gone back & fixed Friday)..

The reason why is cause I need to keep track of my failures as well as my successes. If I mess up on Friday, I want to see it in my reports... and I also want to see that I made up for it on Saturday. See what I mean?

Now that's just me... it's totally up to you what you think will work best for you to stay on track :bigsmile:
  • librarygirl
    librarygirl Posts: 182
    Options
    If it were me, I would have put my exercise on the right day (not gone back & fixed Friday)..

The reason why is cause I need to keep track of my failures as well as my successes. If I mess up on Friday, I want to see it in my reports... and I also want to see that I made up for it on Saturday. See what I mean?

Now that's just me... it's totally up to you what you think will work best for you to stay on track :bigsmile:

I see what you mean by entering it in today to see that I made it up. How do you then keep track of your calories for today though because then it will say I have all these calories left?
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options

I agree, this is what I do also, is put it on the day I do the exercise.
  • heather93277
    Options

I see what you mean by entering it in today to see that I made it up. How do you then keep track of your calories for today though because then it will say I have all these calories left?

If I choose not to eat the exercise calories the next day, then it just comes up that I ate too few *net calories* for the day. Just as it will show that I ate too many *net calories* for the previous day. It will be a clear fluctuation on the report and I'll be able to see that and learn from it in the future :wink:

Personally, I don't think it's a big deal to eat more or less than what you're supposed to, as long as you hit an average that's right on for the week. I've heard of some people being very successful this way... my husband is one of them :bigsmile: He behaves very well during the week, then treats him self to a dessert or beers on his weekends. Works for him, may not work for everyone.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I just bought one and absolutely love it! I went for a 2 1/2 hr walk and burned 861 calories!! It will be nice to know what I am actually burning (the numbers on MFP aren't accurate) and how much harder/longer I need to work to reach my desired calorie loss.

Best thing I have ever bought- I have the F4 and love it.

A question for you....because I burned 861 calories today, I didn't want to put them all into today's log because then my food diary would be adjusted and it would say I had all these calories left. What I did was split up my calories burned and put some on Friday's exercise diary (I was over calories that day) and I put the rest on today. What do you do? I walk 5 hrs a week but I walked an extra 1 1/2 hrs today to make up for my bad calorie day on Friday.

Im probably going to get stoned but I don't eat my exercise calories-- My workouts I burn around 550-1100 calories a session and log them for the day I worked out- My goal are to burn as close to 3500 calories total in a week- So Like today's gym session I burned 645 calories that went for today- Thursday I burned 700 that went for Thursday- I don't save my workout calories because our bodies don't work that way- But whatever works for you
  • librarygirl
    librarygirl Posts: 182
    Options
    I can't gush enough about the Polar F6 heart rate monitor! If I enter on MFP that I did 60 min of walking at 3.0 it says I burned 288 calories. I walked home from work tonight and did 60 min at the same pace and my heart rate monitor said I burned 471!!!