Worst binge ever?

Options
shovav91
shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
The other night, I got back to my dorm and wasn't even hungry.
I proceeded to eat a yogurt, pretzels, two granola bars, almost an entire bag of pop-chips, almost an entire bag of these baked fry chips, some pistachios... I think there was more, but I didn't log it all. It sucked, but you know what? It happens and you have to move on. Don't punish yourself by fasting, don't dwell on the guilt, just plan for next time and move on.
Next time I have that urge, I'm going to go for a walk, call my mom, wash the dishes, take a shower, etc. I know for myself that distractions work best.
So,
What was your worst binge ever? How did you react? What is your plan for next time?

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    It was during my first semester of college...I was completely alone in my dorm and was at a really bad time during my life. One night I had an entire medium Dominos pizza and cinnamon sticks, plus a snack bag of Doritos, and a pint of Ben and Jerry's ice cream. I felt SO sick after. All of this was consumed within a couple hours. I don't know how I did it...I went to bed hating myself, and woke up not wanting to eat anything, and ready to hit the gym. Now, if I feel I want to, I try to preoccupy myself, take a bath, brush my teeth, get out, and other stuff like that.
  • shovav91
    Options
    It was during my first semester of college...I was completely alone in my dorm and was at a really bad time during my life. One night I had an entire medium Dominos pizza and cinnamon sticks, plus a snack bag of Doritos, and a pint of Ben and Jerry's ice cream. I felt SO sick after. All of this was consumed within a couple hours. I don't know how I did it...I went to bed hating myself, and woke up not wanting to eat anything, and ready to hit the gym. Now, if I feel I want to, I try to preoccupy myself, take a bath, brush my teeth, get out, and other stuff like that.

It's so great that you got past it though... it's easy to dwell on it which is what I usually do. I just hate the lack of control that comes with it more than anything else. The entire time I'm telling myself to stop, but I get in sort of a panic and the more I tell myself to stop the faster I eat.
    I agree that distracting yourself is the best option!
  • freeasharold
    freeasharold Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Definitely wasn't my worst ever- but I had a bad last night :( It all started in that I had enough calories left to have a beer. That one beer became 1 beer then some whiskey and ice. With the booze comes time to eat and I made about 3 cups of macaroni and cheese. I had done so well for over two weeks. Alcohol is definitely a trigger for me. I logged the calories, and was over by over 1,000 calories. Trying not to beat myself up over it.

Today is a new day!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Pasta was probably my worst binge....I had ice cream binges, junk food, chocolate binges, etc.. oh and peanut butter binges...

and the peanut butter binge wasnt long ago... :noway:
  • SwindonJogger
    SwindonJogger Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I ate an entire large deep pan pizza and a big bowl of nacho's. I checked the cals later and it was 3000 calories for just that meal!!
    I survived, my weight went over by 5lbs for a few days but then went back down. I don't feel guilty, life is for enjoying, an occasional pig out is ok.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I once ordered a pizza from Dominoes and ate the whole thing in about 10 minutes. That's when I 'discovered' bulimia. Not a pretty sight for about the next year. Thank goodness I kicked that awful habit.
  • garyobesedeleted
    garyobesedeleted Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    the worst binge ive ever had resulted in eggy burps and farts and I hadnt even eaten eggs lol
  • shovav91
    Options
    Definitely wasn't my worst ever- but I had a bad last night :( It all started in that I had enough calories left to have a beer. That one beer became 1 beer then some whiskey and ice. With the booze comes time to eat and I made about 3 cups of macaroni and cheese. I had done so well for over two weeks. Alcohol is definitely a trigger for me. I logged the calories, and was over by over 1,000 calories. Trying not to beat myself up over it.

Today is a new day!

I love the attitude. Alcohol is definitely an appetite stimulant, so with the way it reduces your judgment it's a recipe for disaster. Great for you for moving on!
  • shovav91
    Options
    Pasta was probably my worst binge....I had ice cream binges, junk food, chocolate binges, etc.. oh and peanut butter binges...

and the peanut butter binge wasnt long ago... :noway:

Oh man, peanut butter... I have to keep it hidden these days.
  • AyanaSan
    AyanaSan Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I can't recall my worst binge ever, but I know I've had some horrible ones. One time involved a hunk of cornbread, butter and 8 slices of Black Forest Bacon. YEESH. On V-day, I ate a cupcake, 2 ginger snaps, a large chocolate chip cookie, a cup of homemade hot chocolate and crackers with goat cheese. I wanted to RUN to the gym but it being V-day, I had to go home and make a romantic lobster/shrimp dinner for my beau. I felt sick, but I accepted the damage and moved it. The next day I went back to eating clean, and working hard and still lost weight that week.
  • shovav91
    Options
    I can't recall my worst binge ever, but I know I've had some horrible ones. One time involved a hunk of cornbread, butter and 8 slices of Black Forest Bacon. YEESH. On V-day, I ate a cupcake, 2 ginger snaps, a large chocolate chip cookie, a cup of homemade hot chocolate and crackers with goat cheese. I wanted to RUN to the gym but it being V-day, I had to go home and make a romantic lobster/shrimp dinner for my beau. I felt sick, but I accepted the damage and moved it. The next day I went back to eating clean, and working hard and still lost weight that week.

I'm so impressed that you didn't let the binge get in the way of your life. I'm noticing that most people's binges are carbs and sugars rather than proteins... they're too addicting =/
  • craigers13
    craigers13 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    My worst was at McDonalds and included a 20pc McNuggets, 4 cheeseburgers, a super-size fries, Root Beer and a McFlurry........that was a long time ago but it still makes me sick even thinking about it. My brother still gives me a hard time about that one, lol
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I ate a 54 oz steak with all the fries and the fried onions on top. That was actually the meal that was the turning point for me!!
  • Joannie1987
    Joannie1987 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Alcohol is my trigger aswel! (can't remember who said it) Went out with the girls vodka and fanta zero to be good knew I would get peckish so left a cereal bar nesxt to my bed for when I got in! That didn't get ate I got a parmo on my way home which of you ain't from the north east is chicken in bread crumbs deep fat fried with beceamel sauce and cheese on top very naughty plus and chips loooooots of garlic sauce! Not quite a binge but probs has more calories of ur binge x3!!
  • rubyetuesday
    Options
    Recently due to bipolar med changes and having to take mania meds my weight shot up 40 pounds in less than two months. I was craving sweets so much I was eating decorative sugar. The colored stuff you put on cookies and cakes. I have to take the meds though I hate the side effects. Need help to regulate my eating habits so I don't gain so much weight when I have to take mania meds.
  • Moonblood
    Moonblood Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    My worst night was last month. I had gone to a birthday party and done so well, and even drank the correct amount of wine I put into my diary... but about 20 minutes before I left I, for some reason, lost control and ate 3 cupcakes. 950 calories worth. Yikes. Well, I felt bad but the next day I worked out and now I feel like that is out of my system for good, LOL. Went to a party last Saturday and manged to eat only 10 M&Ms even though there was pie, cake, chips, etc, EVERYWHERE.
  • shovav91
    Options
    My worst night was last month. I had gone to a birthday party and done so well, and even drank the correct amount of wine I put into my diary... but about 20 minutes before I left I, for some reason, lost control and ate 3 cupcakes. 950 calories worth. Yikes. Well, I felt bad but the next day I worked out and now I feel like that is out of my system for good, LOL. Went to a party last Saturday and manged to eat only 10 M&Ms even though there was pie, cake, chips, etc, EVERYWHERE.

That's so impressive that you only ate 10 m&ms. I'm a strong believe that moderation rather than deprivation is key. Great for you!
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    16oz of Salty peanuts..and a whole can of sour cream and onion pringles..thats my usual. I'm still not over this addiction..
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I've had lots of binges. They usually revolve around chocolate. I usually can't stop at just one piece of cake, brownies, m&ms, etc. But I eat pretty well during the week and I exercise often so when it happens(and I do feel guilty and horrible) I just resolve to do better the next day and I do.
  • shovav91
    Options
    16oz of Salty peanuts..and a whole can of sour cream and onion pringles..thats my usual. I'm still not over this addiction..

I don't even keep pringles around anymore. I haven't bought them in years... I don't trust myself around them.