Options
    bump
  • zsaoosh
    zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • microburst20
    Options
    I do not like to exercise and dont feel like I have the time. I have been doing short bursts on my break and lunch time at work. Taking the stairs and walking quickly around in the air conditioning. I only do 5-10 minutes at a time and not every time, but it really adds up by the end of the day!
  • fosnanna
    fosnanna Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Raddichio
    Raddichio Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    (save to read later)
  • aotto87
    aotto87 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    bump for later.
  • tiffyree
    tiffyree Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    1) keep your food diary & log everything
    2) drink lots of water!
    3) i got a nook and now I can't wait to excercise because I get to read, play games etc and not feel guilty, makes the workouts on the machines go by so much quicker!
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    There is some great advice in here and thank you all for sharing!
  • got2Bdetermined
    got2Bdetermined Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    bump
  • NetteH13
    NetteH13 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    1. ONLY drink water. I drink nothing but water. No diet sodas, no low calorie drinks, ONLY water. Important!
    2. My calorie goal per day is 1200 calories. And I'm sure to eat just that much. No less (and no more of course).
    3. Starvation mode is the devil. Don't do that to yourself. When you're hungry, EAT SOMETHING! But make it nutritious.
    4. I excercise 5 days a week. When on treadmill, walk at the highest incline you can handle. You will burn more calories that way.
    5. Try not to eat after about 8:30-9. You don't want to sleep on a stomach full of food. You burn such a low amount of calories when you sleep. Therefore the calories you take in and go to sleep on will pretty much be yours to keep.
    6. Some might disagree, but to cater to my cravings, I allow myself to cheat once a week. I weigh myself weekly on Sunday mornings, and this is also the day I eat what I want. Don't get me wrong, I don't go overboard, but I do cheat. By the next weigh in, its all burned off in the gym, plus some. GOOD LUCK!
  • NikoM5
    NikoM5 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Forget tips and tricks. Forget this rule and that rule. There's no need to over complicate the issue, doing so will just distract you from the only rule that matters. Consume less caloric energy than you expend and you'll lose weight. If you can't do that then nothing else is going to work.
  • cmccorma
    cmccorma Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    bump
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    pmub
  • aejohnson7
    aejohnson7 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This is GREAT advice!
  • DeanneLea
    DeanneLea Posts: 261
    Options
    I also wanted to add that having high/low days is what has kept me going. I never plateaued and I believe it's because I kept my body guessing.
  • AsaraFuriosa
    AsaraFuriosa Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Bump for more motivational ideas!
  • mogriff1
    mogriff1 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    BUMP.....I'm pretty to MPF, want to keep this one in My Topics.
  • deedaltz
    deedaltz Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    1. Change up your cardio routine, by doing different exercises your body is working different muscles and helps preven a plateau!
    2. Dont always rely on how much you weigh, measure your waist, it is so rewarding to actually see a difference in cm/inch. Sometimes its hard to see a change in your body and its nice to have that kind of proof.
  • Amber54
    Amber54 Posts: 2
    Options
    1. Key in everything that you put in your mouth before you put it in your mouth and consider what you plan to eat the rest of the day and adjust.

2. Exercise, if you've been walking switch it up, try an alternate route with more hills, or go further, try jogging a little during your walk. Just like eating the same thing 5x a week gets old so does doing the same workout.

3. Today is today and tomorrow we get to start over! AMEN. But that doesn't mean don't record what you are eating, continue to record everything so you can see how far over you went and you can adjust your minid set and think about why you are eating.

4. Don't count daily routine things as exercise. i.e. steps from the parking lot to the door do not count, if lifting is part of your job don't count it.

5. Set small goals and adjust your goals as you go. I wanted to lose 25 lbs, I knew that if I put 25 lbs as my goal it would be months before I would reach my goal and I would be defeated early. So I decided to place my goal at 10 lbs, then 15 lbs. I added to my goals to be able to run for 15 min and now I am up to 30 min.

Keep up the good work. We all get to a point when we get defeated, but look back and be proud of where you are!