low calorie breakfast ideas

Options
13»

Replies

• alicemdl
    alicemdl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have 2 boiled eggs, or a couple of cereal bars. Tesco do kids apple bars that are only 80 calories each and I really like them.
  • Punkicoleman
    Punkicoleman Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I am always rushing out the door to the gym, so for me it just two hard-boiled eggs. Not very exciting, but fast and easy and good protein.

On weekends, when I have more time, I'll make up a veggie omlette.
  • AmandaCaswell1982
    AmandaCaswell1982 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I know cottage cheese isn't for everyone--- but I do 1/2 cup 1% fat cottage cheese and one of those single serving cups of pineapple-120cals and keep me full for a few hours. I eat this almost every morning! Or occaisionally I'll mix it up with 2 poached eggs on one piece of toast.
  • FitDC
    FitDC Posts: 63
    Options
    193 calories - 1 large egg, 1 slice 12 grain toast, cooked or raw spinach

200 calories - 1/2 cup old fashioned oatmeal with 1/2 cup of blueberries

220 calories - 2 Vans whole wheat waffles with any fresh fruit (blueberries, grapes, banana, apple slices)

230 - 2 eggs, 1 slice of turkey sausage
  • memega
    memega Posts: 73
    Options
    Spicy Eggs and Oats!

Ingredients:
    -4 egg whites/1 whole egg
    -1/2 cup oatmeal
    -Pepper
    -White Onion
    -Tomato
    -Spinach
    -Seasoning
    -Cheese

Directions: Beat eggs in bowl, then add in oatmeal, pepper, seasoning (let sit for a few minutes while you prepare the rest of the food). Cut tomato, onion and spinach. Warm skillet over medium heat. Add eggs to skillet and stir for 1 min. Add in tomato, onion, spinach and stir for 3-4 min or until firm. Finally add in cheese, serve.

Per serving: 334 calories, 28 grams protein, 34 grams carbs, 9 grams fat.

Source: http://youtu.be/1vLXtaQ3AXU
  • EgyptianMushroom
    EgyptianMushroom Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    You guys are making me hungry! Booking for check backs.
  • gailashton
    Options
    Love my breakfast omelet packed with protein 3 egg whites, 1/4 cup of egg beaters (or use 1 whole egg), 1 cup of spinach, 2 TBSP salsa, sprinkling of light cheese, well under 200 calories and very filling. It's my fav!
  • christinerush
    Options
    Sanitarium Up and Go Liquid Breakfast has about 190 calories and you could also have a yoghurt and a half scoop of protein powder in it and I guarantee you will be really full!
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    This morning I made straweberry pancakes, the following mix made 5 pancakes and 95 calories for the whole lot

2 Large egg whites
    20 grams fat free Greek yoghurt
    10 grams Jordan's jumbo oats blended into a powder/flour
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    30 grams chopped fresh strawberries

I ate them with some rhubarb yoghurt to sweeten it all up
  • pukekolive
    pukekolive Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    My favourite is microwave eggs - takes only about 2 mins cooking

Crack 1 or 2 eggs into a microwave safe bowl (I use a round old plastic Tupperware breakfast plate with 2 inch sides) add a splash of low fat milk (up to about 2 tablespoons), grind in a little salt and pepper.

Add about 1 oz low fat cheese cut up small, chopped onion, diced capsicum, mushrooms, tomatoes or any other vegies.
    Beat lightly with a fork to mix then put in microwave for about 40-60 seconds, stir then repeat. Be careful not to overcook - it should be like tender scrambled egg.

Serve alone, with some salad or on toast

** Note this is more than 200 calories but very filling
  • tsjourney
    tsjourney Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    :wink: :wink: :wink: i make a breakfast casserole that gives me breakfast for about 5 days....6-8 eggs, non-fat milk, non-fat sour cream, light shredded cheese and veggies (I like brocolli and mushrooms), this comes out to a little less than 200 calories a serving. Super yummy and gets some good veggies and protein in first thing in the morning.

What a great idea!!! I will have to try that :-)
  • mom2mozart
    mom2mozart Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup of reduced sodium 2% milkfat cottage cheese (90 calories)
    8 spears of asparagus pan fried with 1 teaspoon of olive oil & Mrs. Dash Italian Blend (about 30 calories for the aspargus & 40 calories for the olive oil)
    coffee with cream (40 calories for 2 tablespoons of half and half)
    200 calories & very filling

Cereal with milk:
    Cheerios are 100 calories per cup, 1% milk is 100 calories per cup, 1/2 banana is 50 calories = 250 calories
    Special K w/Strawberries 110 calories per cup + 100 calories for milk = 210 calories + coffee w/half & half = 250 calories

Quaker Breakfast Cookies (Oatmeal Chocolate Chip) = 180 calories + 1/2 cup of 1% milk at 50 calories = 230 calories
  • petrocoetsee
    petrocoetsee Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Punkicoleman
    Punkicoleman Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I could make this work. :-)

My favourite is microwave eggs - takes only about 2 mins cooking

Crack 1 or 2 eggs into a microwave safe bowl (I use a round old plastic Tupperware breakfast plate with 2 inch sides) add a splash of low fat milk (up to about 2 tablespoons), grind in a little salt and pepper.

Add about 1 oz low fat cheese cut up small, chopped onion, diced capsicum, mushrooms, tomatoes or any other vegies.
    Beat lightly with a fork to mix then put in microwave for about 40-60 seconds, stir then repeat. Be careful not to overcook - it should be like tender scrambled egg.

Serve alone, with some salad or on toast

** Note this is more than 200 calories but very filling
  • luvred51
    luvred51 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    bump... thanks everyone for sharing.
  • aghack
    aghack Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I share the other 1/4 with my daughter! It would be funny if I was just afraid of the whole thing :)
    I eat the same thing almost every day:
    Thomas's Triple health english muffin: 100 cal
    with 1 teaspoon of butter with olive oil:45 calories
    3/4 of a fuji apple:50 cal
    2 chocolate calcium chews: 30 cal
    1 hard boiled egg with 1/2 the yolk:45 calories
    i cup of green tea, unsweetened: 0 calories

Total: 270 calories and it really fills me up. I've actually been skipping my morning snack since I added the english muffin. Before that, I was eating just the egg and apple, and I wasn't really full. For the extra 145 calories (including butter), I stay way fuller, way longer.

lol, may I ask why just 3/4 of an apple? Seems like a strange amount :)
  • bettermomma28
    bettermomma28 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I make a "breakfast bagel" one 100% whole wheat mini bagel, 1 scrambled egg (white only if you perfer), 2 tbsp light shredded cheese ( i like the mexican blend) and two slices of turkey bacon cut in half. Sprinkle the cheese in the cooked egg, place on bagel, top with bacon. This is a delish low cal breakfast that keeps me full for hours. I also eat cream of wheat pretty often.
  • bennjammin
    bennjammin Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I often do a quick protein shake and a handful of mixed nuts - works for me when I'm in a hurry. I also love my hard boiled eggs. They keep in the fridge well and they're relatively cheap and easy.