Are you a NOMOPHOBE? Chances are you are..........

Options
124»

Replies

• ShmoozyQ
    ShmoozyQ Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I've just got my ol' flip-dumbphone. It's usually either needing to be charged sitting on the counter or lost with a dead battery somewhere in my purse, car, under the couch... But I'm not very important, my phone can go for days without ringing, ha! If someone *really* needs to get in touch with me, they can call my landline! I like having the internet at home, and I like *not* being connected when I'm away from home :)
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I worry if I forget my phone when I'm driving somewhere...the idea of breaking down or getting into an accident and not being able to contact help would be a real pain. Otherwise, I don't have a smartypantsphone. My ring tone sounds like a standard phone. And I have texting deactivated. If people want to reach me, they have to call me.

My phone is about as important as my wallet. I take it with me everywhere but rarely does it need to leave my purse.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    On a side note:

Who here actually knows the phone numbers of your siblings, parents and relatives by heart? If you lost your phone, how would you contact them?

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

If it's a smart phone you can use a backup assistant or export that info out before you lost it.
  • jbt21479
    Options
    Nomophobia is the fear of not having mobile phone contact. So do you freak out if you don't have your phone on you or if you can't locate it? So many rely on their phones and have tons of apps.
    I'm proud to say I'm not. I have a standard phone that just rings and takes messages. No frills.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

i would definetely say my husband is a MAJOR NOMOPHOBE!!!! he can not do anythign without haivng or knowing exactly where his phone is!!! drives me insane sometimes!!

:huh:
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I'll admit it. Looked at my bill and my texts are about 8-10,000 a month :P I sleep with it in my bed next to me

To add to this I text while driving, in the shower, at the gym (while still running a 7:30 mile) and pretty much any other time you can think of. And yes I have nearly bulldozed someone over on the track while running since I wasn't paying attention xD

Texting while driving is illegal here in NC. And since you nearly ran into someone on the track, watch out you don't plow into someone on the highway...

Texting or talking on the phone (except hands off phones), while driving is illegal in California too. Hefty fines and if you cause an accident you end up in jail.
  • AmyMK
    AmyMK Posts: 164
    Options
    my blackberry has been broken for 2 weeks. I don't have a home phone as I never used it in the past, and I am suppose to have a contact number at all times for work.

It feels like I've lost my right arm without it...
  • creasonr
    Options
    You REBEL you!:wink: