Marla's First 5k-- I did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :flowerforyou:
  • Rachael
    Rachael Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    You definitely have a gift for story telling AND...what a fantastic accomplishment! Congratulations!

I never run anywhere, but I'm contemplating it now :smile:

Way to go!!!!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Marla, you kicked butt. So proud of you and what an inspiritation you are!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    By the way spongemarla,

Wish the DS a happy birthday from us!

Does anyone else here a ticking sound?....

Must be you marla cause.....

bomb.gif

I know.... I'm lame.
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Yea Marla!! :flowerforyou: Go you!! :flowerforyou:
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    you know already i'm so happy for you!

but i also wanted to add that you have a beautiful writing style. I used to teach college writing and i've seen a lot of essays--but your posts really standout and showcase your talent.
    so thanks for sharing your inspiring story and your gift of gab. :flowerforyou:

a "yasher koach" to you (hebrew--loosley translated as may you go from strength to strength)
    :drinker:
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    OH EM GEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I sooo loved reading about your accomplishment.
    I laughed, cried and SQUEALED!!!
    You are one awesome lady my dear.
    I am so very proud of you.

Yay you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    congratualtions.gifcongratualtions.gifcongratualtions.gifcongratualtions.gifcongratualtions.gifcongratualtions.gifcongratualtions.gifcongratualtions.gifcongratualtions.gifcongratualtions.gifcongratualtions.gifcongratualtions.gifcongratualtions.gifcongratualtions.gifcongratualtions.gifcongratualtions.gifcongratualtions.gifcongratualtions.gifcongratualtions.gifcongratualtions.gifcongratualtions.gifcongratualtions.gifcongratualtions.gif
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Marla, I am in tears b/c I am so bloody proud of you. *BIG HUGS* You are an inspiration to me & an excellent example to your children on so many levels other than running. GOOD JOB! :heart:

You remember this feeling & this day on those days when you are down on yourself. You have come so far & have become such a stronger person through this journey.

:heart:
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Marla, I am in tears b/c I am so bloody proud of you. *BIG HUGS* You are an inspiration to me & an excellent example to your children on so many levels other than running. GOOD JOB! :heart:

You remember this feeling & this day on those days when you are down on yourself. You have come so far & have become such a stronger person through this journey.

:heart:
    I agree 3BB!
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Marla,
    You rock!!!!

106069_2200.jpg

Way to go!!!! We are all so proud of you. By the way... what a story!!! I am so proud of you for not giving up on the good habits or giving in to bad!!!! Diabetes is so dangerous. My father-in-law has it and so do some others in his family and in mine as well...

What an inspiration you are!!!

Love you hun,

Wanda
  • gonefornow
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    Kodos to you! How great that you did this . So many more are waiting to do just half of what you have achieved.
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Marla,

I am sooooooooo proud of you. Your post made me laugh, cry and smile. I am proud to be on the BLACk Team with you. You are truly an inspiration to me. My first 5K in July won't get here fast enough now. I hope I am able to make you as proud of me as you made me.:heart:
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    Thank you for taking the time to write that out for us!

Your post has been a blessing to me on this day....a day when I've really needed it.

And obviously you've been a bessing to others as well.

THANK YOU!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    I LOVED reading this post, you almost made me choke up. What an inspiration you are lady!!!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

And you, too, woman-- you run that marathon!!!!!!!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Congrats :smile: on your 5k. Keep up the training and pick out your next race so you have something to train for. I like the saying " I am not exercising I am in training for _ _ _ _ _ "

Thank you so much-- I fuond a great website-- runningintheusa.com-- 5ks listed all over-- I'm thinking maybe May 2?
  • Marla64
    Options
    Marla, CONRATULATIONS:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    You are such an inspiration to me! I have tears in my eyes and this girl does not tear easily.:heart:
    Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Keiko-- t'was you, my dear lady, who reminded this ol' pouch of the abdominal benefits of running-- I got it back in gear in large part thanks to you-- :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Marla64
    Options
    :happy:
    CHEERS TO YOU Marla! What a GREAT accomplishment!! We'RE GETTING BETTER every day! Great job! Keep it up! Angela

As we should, Angela-- complacency is a dangerous thing-- thanks so much!!!!!!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Yay Marla...congratulations not only on finishing, but finishing with such an awesome time! I'm so proud of you! You've inspired me to find my own 5K to sign up for!

Thanks so much, Shuntae-- you're the inspiration here, not me-- 97 pounds and now running-- bless you, friend!!!!!
  • Marla64
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Thanks for sharing. Great post Marla. So inspirational.

I am so proud of you. Congratulations! Great time!

Way to go - just keep putting one foot in front of the other.

There ya go-- each step bringing us closer to who we can be, right?

Thanks for your kind words!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Oh Marla, I wish I could hug you and laugh and cry together at your wonderful achievment. I love when you write a story, because I am there beside you feeling what you feel.

I am so very proud of you this sunny Sunday day! This is the day that the Lord has made!

Wow!WOOT!! Hurray! Amazing! Wonderful! Fantastic! Fantabulous!

:flowerforyou: Jeannie:smooched: :smooched:
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

I would have loved you to be here today, Jeannie-- it was awesome. So glad I can share this with you !!!!

You're the sweetest!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!