Marla's First 5k-- I did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    totally awesome!!!!

inspiring!

we need many more like you:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Well, I already made 9 more like me-- how many more do you want? :wink:

Thanks, Dave-- I always appreciate your opinions and input, and your thumbs up means a lot-- truly.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Congratulations on your first PR (personal record)!! That is an awesome time for your first 5k, let us know how the next one goes too!

Thanks-- maybe in May-- ?? We'll see--
  • Marla64
    Options
    WHOOO-HOOOO!!! :flowerforyou:

Thank youuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!! :smile:
  • Marla64
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Marla - I'm so proud of you. The picture of you and your guys is priceless. Congratulations!

Thank you-- these little stinkers of mine-- neither one "trained." My husband decides two days before, ran maybe twice the past 2 weeks-- my son decides this morning when he saw a friend of his signed up-- and they both beat me. :grumble: Although DH only had me by about 3 minutes--

I love the picture-- I'll treasure it forever!!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Great Job Marla!!! I am so impressed by you. not only did you run a 5k you blew my treadmill time out of the water!!!

You might just have inspired me to find a 5k.

GREAT JOB AGAIN!!!

Sam-- the accomplishment is matchless-- if you feel led, truly, do it-- it's incredible!!!

:heart: :heart: to my fearless leader!!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Oh my gosh... You actually made me tear up and start sniffling... I don't know you, hon, but my goodness, I couldn't be prouder if I had been friends with you for years! Great job on pushing through, and I am also very happy for you-you have such a great support system with your husband. Thanks for sharing!:drinker:

Well, MissResa-- nice to meet you-- thank you so much for your sweet words!!!!!!
  • Marla64
    Options
    That was beautiful!!! In the OT, there is a story of Joshua bringing the children of Isreal out of the desert into the promised land (FINALLY) and he has a representative of each of the 12 tribes bring a big honking rock across and they pile them up beside the river. So, someone asks him, what did we do that for? And he says that is so when our children look at the pile of rocks and ask what it is for, we can tell them the miracle of how we crossed the river today on dry land. You, my friend should pile up some rocks! What a great acheivement! smiley_58.gif

Thanks, Kristi-- as John Wayne said in one of my favorite cowboys-- "Every parent wants his kids to be better than him-- " it is my dream, too-- my son today ran his first 5k 30 years sooner than I did-- I couldn't be prouder--
  • Marla64
    Options
    Oh my dearest Marla,

I cannot tell you how proud Beth and I are! You have always been an inspiration to us both and I am willing to bet that I have not met many kinder more patient people in my life. I am so happy for your accomplishment and I am sitting here sharing in your joy! You go lady. Now you given me a time to shoot for when I run my first one in June. Mwahahahahahaha!

Much Love

The Bat Man
    :drinker:

Well, you sweet rodent you-- kind? Maybe-- Patient? Ask my kids-- :laugh: Sometimes, not so much.

WHEN you blow my doors off and beat my time on Father's Day, you will hear my hootin' and hollerin' for you all the way from there-- :heart: :smooched: to you and your beautiful family-- and many thanks for your kindness and support--
  • Marla64
    Options
    Marla

congratulations-1.gif

As I sit here with tears running down my cheeks I cannot tell you in words what it was like to read your story.

Thanks for telling it in the flush of the emotions that made it so compelling, for being willing to share with us some of your back-story.

You are an inspiration. I am so happy for you! Smack your DH upside the head for me for the goose:laugh:

~Cheryl

Cheryl-- thanks so much-- I yelled at the hub at the time-- only laughed about it afterwards-- the stinker.
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    wow marla soooo inspiring :)
    you ROCK!!!!!:smooched:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Marla - That was an incredible story!!! Never, never, never attempt to make your posts brief girl!! You have a gift. I am so proud of you right now. What amazing obstacles to overcome and to do it in such fine form!! You are truely an inspiration. Way to go!!! :drinker: :drinker: :heart: :heart:

Well, a gift for gab maybe-- :wink: get me going and it's hard to shut me up.

Thanks for your kind words--
  • Marla64
    Options
    That's awesome! You did a great job. Keep up the good work. What an inspiration to me. I am running my first 5k on May 9th. My goal is to finish without walking as well. It is so great to hear success stories from others!

161687.png

Oh, Mindi-- that's wonderful!!! You can do it-- way to go!!!
  • Marla64
    Options
    I loved reading your post. Congratulations on the run, but a bigger congrats on actually being one of the few in this nation, that gets up, and commits to the change!

You're proud of yourself, but your kids are porud, your husband, and so are your friends here on MFP - what admirable accomplishments!
    :flowerforyou:

Bless your heart-- thank you so much-- !!!!!!:cry:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Congratulations! :flowerforyou:

:flowerforyou: Thank you!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Options
    You definitely have a gift for story telling AND...what a fantastic accomplishment! Congratulations!

I never run anywhere, but I'm contemplating it now :smile:

Way to go!!!!

It is so good for body AND soul-- fighting against yourself when you want to stop, pushing yourself farther-- every achievement and accomplishment is simply joyous--

Thanks so much for the encouragement!
  • Marla64
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Marla, you kicked butt. So proud of you and what an inspiritation you are!!! :flowerforyou:

AMANDA!!!!!!!!! Thank you-- it was an incredible experience-- !!!!!
  • Marla64
    Options

I know.... I'm lame.

Never an adjective I'd even remotely consider-- you're awesome--

Thanks so much for everything you do to keep our team rockin' and Rollin'-- you're awesome!!
  • Marla64
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Yea Marla!! :flowerforyou: Go you!! :flowerforyou:

Thanks, Lori!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Options
    you know already i'm so happy for you!

but i also wanted to add that you have a beautiful writing style. I used to teach college writing and i've seen a lot of essays--but your posts really standout and showcase your talent.
    so thanks for sharing your inspiring story and your gift of gab. :flowerforyou:

a "yasher koach" to you (hebrew--loosley translated as may you go from strength to strength)
    :drinker:

Oh my-- me? I just love to talk-- but thanks so much--
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Marla - you rock..

I am so proud of you, I have tears rolling down my face.

Thanks for sharing this - it is truly inspirational.

Janie

ps, BTW - I never had any doubts - you are just that awesome
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!