Dr. Oz Tangerine Weight-Orade

Options
http://tumblrgym.tumblr.com/post/15405198977/dr-ozs-tangerine-weight-orade-recipe-for-a

Has anyone tried this? I've been thinking about it, since I drink a lot of Green Tea anyway. I was just wondering if it was another fad or worth the effort.

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    http://tumblrgym.tumblr.com/post/15405198977/dr-ozs-tangerine-weight-orade-recipe-for-a

Has anyone tried this? I've been thinking about it, since I drink a lot of Green Tea anyway. I was just wondering if it was another fad or worth the effort.

Generally speaking, just about anything Dr. Oz says about nutrition will be at best, worthless.
  • kathyc609
    kathyc609 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Generally speaking, just about anything Dr. Oz says about nutrition will be at best, worthless.
    [/quote]

Actually - I am here today and almost 60 pounds lighter and much healthier because of something Dr Oz said about nutrition. Not worthless.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options

"1 pitcher daily for maximum metabolism-boosting results" :noway:

Not worth the effort.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    The recipe sounds yummy, but I doubt that it will turn me into a fat blasting person!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    It seems healthy and delicious so what could it hurt. If it doesn't work it's still a healthy drink.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

Actually - I am here today and almost 60 pounds lighter and much healthier because of something Dr Oz said about nutrition. Not worthless.

What did he say?
  • 42micheller42
    Options

uuummmm ..most girls LOVE the OZ :love: ...careful fella
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

Most girls do? I didn't know that.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    THIS girl does not love "The OZ." He's a quack that gets paid to tout the newest fad. I don't trust him as far as I could throw him.
  • Sidesteal
    Options
    It seems healthy and delicious so what could it hurt. If it doesn't work it's still a healthy drink.

While this might be true, the real damage is that it's being advertised as a miracle drink of sorts. Because it's advertised to do something that it won't really do, people are going to believe they should incorporate this drink into their diet (along with the 80 other useless supplements that Dr Oz recommends).

The inclusion of all of these additional elements to someone's daily lifestyle will have a big impact on dietary adherence.

I realize this is not where you were going with the above quote but I still think the above reply needs to be said so that people understand why some of us get a bit anal on the forums :)
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I know girls who love the Doctor. Not Dr. Oz....:noway:
  • Sidesteal
    Options

Please note the "Generally speaking" part. There's a possibility that he has actually said something true regarding nutrition. But I stand by my statement that in general, I would caution anyone from taking anything Dr Oz says about nutrition as being factual and this holds especially true regarding supplement usage.
  • Sidesteal
    Options

He is very entertaining and I'm not suggesting that anyone can't love him, just don't take his nutritional advice as being factual.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    THIS girl does not love "The OZ." He's a quack that gets paid to tout the newest fad. I don't trust him as far as I could throw him.

This. The times he recommends something useful and inexpensive are few and far between.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz says you need every supplement under the sun, and it's usually never anything cost-efficient either. I think the only thing I took away from that show (I watch it now and then because my grandma does every day) was to refrigerate fish oil capsules.
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options

I guess I fall in the unmost girls category.

OP, my rule of thumb is if Dr. Oz says to do it, DON'T.
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I know girls who love the Doctor. Not Dr. Oz....:noway:

I love Dr. Miller. He's fantastic. I have never had any doctor like him.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure i already posted something on this, didn't he say it boosts metabolism by 10% or more? That is simply made up and even more ridiculous when you consider the beta 2 agonist clenbuterol raises it around 10%

So yes Dr Oz makes a lot of stuff up
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz runs an infomercial, that's all. His job is to convince you to buy stuff.

There is no miracle drink. Except for water. Nothing better for you, no mixes and it's practically free.
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options

Agreed!