Dr. Oz Tangerine Weight-Orade

Options

Replies

• Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I'm curious what would happen of Dr. Oz were to say that wightloss/fitness is a result of hard work and dedication... I mean, other than a major drop in ratings.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I know girls who love the Doctor. Not Dr. Oz....:noway:

Yeah, Oz is NOT The Doctor I love.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

Yeah, Oz is NOT The Doctor I love.

What about images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFlzILT8y_GhQx2N67YRsG3Fk-VImVf9kb7brJzPeJbiKB0chYiPRfGuAm5g
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz is a quackadoodle.
  • redpat74
    Options
    Dr. Oz has practiced cardiac medicine longer than you have been alive! Nearing the end of his surgical career, my guess is he chose to go in a direction that would offer the best benefit, using his medical knowledge and experience, and expressing it in a common language to reach as many people as possible. Now if think that is "quack" and giving up junk food and exercising isn't in your future, that is your choice. Just curious - why do you think he is a quack?
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz says you need every supplement under the sun, and it's usually never anything cost-efficient either. I think the only thing I took away from that show (I watch it now and then because my grandma does every day) was to refrigerate fish oil capsules.

You're supposed to refidge them?? how come??
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz has practiced cardiac medicine longer than you have been alive! Nearing the end of his surgical career, my guess is he chose to go in a direction that would offer the best benefit, using his medical knowledge and experience, and expressing it in a common language to reach as many people as possible. Now if think that is "quack" and giving up junk food and exercising isn't in your future, that is your choice. Just curious - why do you think he is a quack?

Did I say anything about his cardiac advice being bogus? I didn't, because I'm not educated in cardiac medicine.

Dr. Oz. ROUTINELY suggests supplement usage for things that have not been shown even remotely effective for weight loss and I would speculate he gets paid to do so. Pay attention to what he recommends and research it and you will find that there is little or nothing to support the majority of supplements he pushes on people.
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options

As a medical professional, I can tell you that almost no one I work with thinks Dr Oz should keep his medical licence. He may have been good at cardiothoracic surgery at one time, but with his unethical sales pitches of unsound medical advice nowadays are not consistent with retaining your licence to practice. 99% of what Dr Oz says is utter bull****, in my opinion.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    As a medical professional, I can tell you that almost no one I work with thinks Dr Oz should keep his medical licence. He may have been good at cardiothoracic surgery at one time, but with his unethical sales pitches of unsound medical advice nowadays are not consistent with retaining your licence to practice. 99% of what Dr Oz says is utter bull****, in my opinion.

^ This.
  • redpat74
    Options
    Medical envy...:laugh:
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/402632-i-heard-dr-oz-recommend

He may be a cardiothoracic surgeon, but that doesn't mean he's qualified to talk nutrition and weight loss. In addition, he's not just a doctor, he got his MBA alongside his MD. He is a BUSINESSMAN. He's promoting products to make money, not because it's medically beneficial advice.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

The man endorses reiki and has had John Edwards on his show. And not the politician who cheated on his wife with cancer, the really creepy John Edwards! The one who tells people a dead loved one is trying to talk with them, and their name starts with J.. or maybe B..

He advocates quackery, therefore he is a quack.
  • redpat74
    Options
    My goal as I get older, and hopefully wiser, is to always keep an open mind. Vitamin D is huge on the medical scene these days. Evidently we (we being me and the entire human race in my pocket) have been Vit D deficient and scientists are just discovering just how important the extra Vitamin D can be to our well being. New studies spark new discoveries. Hopefully there is always more to learn (that is what trips my trigger anyway - knowing you as the younger generation will bring new concepts to light). What we know now may change dramatically. Who knows. Because of your tenacity on this subject I will watch Dr. Oz's program more regularly and may come back with a differing opinion.
  • amandagyeoman
    amandagyeoman Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I appreciate everyone's input. I noticed no one has tried it. Therefore, I'm going to assume it's just another fad. Thank you for your help. I didn't mean to spark a debate over Dr. Oz's credibility, I don't watch the show, and I'm not well versed in dieting, nutritional information. Simply seeking input.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    ... Vitamin D is huge on the medical scene these days. Evidently we (we being me and the entire human race in my pocket) have been Vit D deficient and scientists are just discovering just how important the extra Vitamin D can be to our well being....

In my house Vitamin D means something totally different. And I'm constantly telling my wife that Vitamin D will cure whatever it is that's bothering her.
  • bloodbank
    bloodbank Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    In my house Vitamin D means something totally different. And I'm constantly telling my wife that Vitamin D will cure whatever it is that's bothering her.

Laughed so hard I snorted. This euphemism will catch on in my house, just wait.
  • MKLowther
    MKLowther Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking this and it is pretty tasty -- I omitted the mint, as it is only for taste, and I do not like the taste! Haven't noticed losing weight any faster yet, but I just started 3 days ago, and as it is the weekend, haven't worked out much! I drink reg brewed tea all the time -- so switched it out for green tea w/ the tangerine for a little flavor! Trying for a couple weeks.... will update.
  • MallorieGreiner
    MallorieGreiner Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Dr. Who?

Boom.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    http://tumblrgym.tumblr.com/post/15405198977/dr-ozs-tangerine-weight-orade-recipe-for-a

Has anyone tried this? I've been thinking about it, since I drink a lot of Green Tea anyway. I was just wondering if it was another fad or worth the effort.

Generally speaking, just about anything Dr. Oz says about nutrition will be at best, worthless.

uuummmm ..most girls LOVE the OZ :love: ...careful fella

Ummmm No. Not even a little. :angry:
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz runs an infomercial, that's all. His job is to convince you to buy stuff.

There is no miracle drink. Except for water. Nothing better for you, no mixes and it's practically free.

what about a vanilla milkshake made with real vanilla ice cream and real milk? :huh:

vanilla-milkshake.jpg