Zumba Lovers talk to me! bring pics if you got''em!

Options
Ok so I'm super excited because my Fiance' got me Zumba Rush for xbox360 Kinect! I have seen people in classes and heard great reviews. But I had to ask my fellow Mfp's what's really up! I can always count on you all to give it to me straight!

So tell me how Zumba worked for you and like I said, i'd love to see your pics if you've got them!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• aprildawn81
    aprildawn81 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I've lost 3lbs since starting Zumba classes (3 weeks ago). I love, love, love it!!!!
  • czechmate823
    czechmate823 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba and go twice a week to a class. My instructor is awesome, she has a nice mix of current music and latin music and incorporates some traditional zumba moves with dance moves. We really shake our booties!! :) I have Zumba for the Wii, too, and love it, though having it for Kinect would be so much better and so fun!! I recommend going to a class if you can, and supplementing with the game or DVD. There's nothing like 'doing it live'! Have fun and good luck!!
  • vickyd205
    vickyd205 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Zumba for about 8 months now...during that time, I've lost about 60 lbs. But the best testimony I can give you about my Zumba results is that last week I had a consultation with a plastic surgeon about a tummy tuck. While I was talking with him he told me that along with the tummy tuck he always does some lipo of the love handle area. Then when he examined me he said that I don't have anything in that area to lipo at all!! He said that it is very rare that he has a patient who doesn't need lipo in that area and he has never had a patient who has lost as much weight as I have lost and didn't need lipo there. I really think this is entirely a result of Zumba!!
  • JHB2011
    JHB2011 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love Zumba.
    It's such a fun way to work out and you don't even feel like you're working out!
    You sweat like crazy and have soo much fun.
    You'll love it!!!!!!
  • beth7650
    Options
    i LOVE zumba! i've always done it on the Wii but now I'm waiting for the new one on the kinect to come out in 2 days in the Uk, I'm really excited to have the freedom without a controller! It's one of the best workouts I've done as it's really fun and feels like it really works, I've never sweated so much! lol. :laugh:
  • Kellster30
    Kellster30 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I just bought Zumba for Kinect as well - and I just did my first workout with it! It's a lot of fun...doesn't really feel like exercise but I sure did work up a sweat!! I have absolutely NO rhythm, so going to a class where people will see me was always out of the question. But being able to do it in my own home, with no one watching me, made me feel a lot more comfortable!
  • Tiff1124
    Tiff1124 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Love it! One of the best workouts you can do, and it's fun too! I noticed a huge loss of inches and BF% after 8 weeks of a zumba class. Starting another session today and super excited!
  • charlieduc
    Options
    I've been doing Zumba for about 8 months now...during that time, I've lost about 60 lbs. But the best testimony I can give you about my Zumba results is that last week I had a consultation with a plastic surgeon about a tummy tuck. While I was talking with him he told me that along with the tummy tuck he always does some lipo of the love handle area. Then when he examined me he said that I don't have anything in that area to lipo at all!! He said that it is very rare that he has a patient who doesn't need lipo in that area and he has never had a patient who has lost as much weight as I have lost and didn't need lipo there. I really think this is entirely a result of Zumba!!
    Wow! This makes me want to start doing it again!
  • Brademert
    Options
    One thing you may find is that Zumba in the Gym and Zumba on the console are different because in the Gym you also have interaction with other people. One thing that has helped me on the Kinect is that you can have up to 8 people doing a routine online together. Not the same as the Gym but at least you can workout with others instead of alone.
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Hiya :) Zumba instructor here. Started at 227 lbs, now at 157 lbs :) 12 more to go for my personal goal :) Want to get there before my 41st birthday this summer!! :)

DSC00438-1-1.jpg

Photoon12-02-16at919AM.jpg

heh. sorry about the eye t-shirt. it's one of my favourites, and I'm a dork :)
  • jenvens
    jenvens Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I started Zumba Rush on my Kinect 2 days ago and LOOOOOOOVE it!! I sweat like crazy and I have fun too!
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    25543922856305799_KTovAhx4_c.jpg

:laugh:
  • MissedStar
    Options
    I've been doing zumba in a class for the last 6 weeks
    I haven't stood on scales until last week and i've toned up in bum and waist areas and everyone was telling me i must have lost loads of weight
    Its brilliant really addictive and when i'm at the gym normally i have a zumba playlist going round to motivate me

Also the new diet class i started going to has an hour of zumba and an hour of zumba toning straight afterwards.... can't wait!!
  • judypriv
    judypriv Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    i have been doing zumba for about a month now and I love it. i go as much as I can, basically 3 times a week. if i didn't work i would go everyday. I know I look like Winnie the pooh dancing but i just go with and dance my butt off. i am always covered in sweat when done but have tons of energy. i made m yhusband go once and now he's hooked! I just got it for Wii and it's nice to have at home for the nights i can't make it to class.
  • jenvens
    jenvens Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    One thing you may find is that Zumba in the Gym and Zumba on the console are different because in the Gym you also have interaction with other people. One thing that has helped me on the Kinect is that you can have up to 8 people doing a routine online together. Not the same as the Gym but at least you can workout with others instead of alone.

That's awesome! I didn't know that! I've only had it for a couple days, so I'm gonna try to connect with my Kinect tonight! :wink:
  • mae1020
    mae1020 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I've been doing zumba at the gym for a few years. It's my favorite class. I try and go about 4 times a week. It's definitely a good workout.
  • sammilligan
    sammilligan Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey...I've been doing Zumba for about 2 years now. I slacked off somewhere in the middle, but I'm back on it & am licensed to teach. I haven't started my classes, but I'm looking forward to starting them next week! I have Zumba on the Kinnect, but haven't been really doing it, but I need to start. I started doing Zumba at home with the DVD's, then ventured out with classes. It's so much better in class & with people you know. Enjoy it...
  • rachietuk
    rachietuk Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba. I go once a week, wish I could get there more.
    Its a great workout.
  • whit1108
    Options
    I have lost all my weight from doing zumba. I have lost 23 pounds and lots of inchies. I love zumba. I teach a class twice a week and i also have the dvd's. I do the dvd's on my days i dont teach. I would try out a class if i were you on the days you dont do it at home. That way its a change up of different styles of zumba for your body... Classes have more cardio in them then the stuff you do at home.
  • southernyankee716
    Options
    I don't wanna hijack your thread I'm just curious from the ladies who go to Zumba regularly- how difficult is it to pickup for someone who has absolutely no coordination? I've been wanting to try Zumba myself but I'm terrified!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!