• krissynicole787
    krissynicole787 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I love Trader Joe's! :flowerforyou:
    Anyone else out there?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,016 Member
    Options
    cheap, good, and they treat their employees really well. What's not to like?:flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Taaaaami!!!! where arrrrrrree yoooou?! I know Tami loves it. We don't have any around here. :grumble:
  • krissynicole787
    Options
    i :heart: their cereal. and their hummus
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I go there at least twice a week!!

I too love the cereal!! And snack foods and frozen foods and salads and baked goods.

:love: :love: Trader Joe's!!!!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    cheap, good, and they treat their employees really well. What's not to like?:flowerforyou:
    And the cashiers know how to bag a grocery bag!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    :love: their dried fruit is so amazing! :love: I miss it; there's nothing like that here in the UK... at least I haven't found anything like it in Oxford.
  • krissynicole787
    Options
    i will only buy their tuna now. it lives up to its name...solid WHITE albacore. the others are all swill...especially starkist and bumble bee.:sick:
  • akamaki
    akamaki Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I always hear about Trader Joes.... :cry: Alas, I have never been to one, but it sounds like I'm missing out.

I hate missing out. :frown:

What areas are they in?
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Here is their website. You can click on locations and see if there is one anywhere near you.

http://www.traderjoes.com/
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Go there every so often but it seems a bit pricey to me.
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Really??? I find them more reasonable for the most part. I mean, some of the meats and produce are a bit spendy but you get good quality stuff. Everything I tend to find less there. Hmm, interesting!
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Tami - I sense a career opportunity. Delivery of TJ food to outlying areas...:smile:

I love their produce. It's packaged, so you have to look at it closely.

I love the Pacific Shores frozen Stir Fry Veggies (with edamame) significant protein.

Their Trader Joes brand Greek yogurt is pretty good. The Fage Greek yogurt is cheap there....and the only place I can find it.

Soy milk, almond milk, tomato products, bread is all much cheaper than the big stores. The frozen stuff is never freezer burned and always yummy
    Steel Cut oats much cheaper
    Sauces and spices you can't find anywhere else.

My TJs is small, so in/out is quick.
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Really??? I find them more reasonable for the most part. I mean, some of the meats and produce are a bit spendy but you get good quality stuff. Everything I tend to find less there. Hmm, interesting!

I go to the one in Cleveland, Ohio so I guess it depends on the cost of living where you live.

What costs me $100 at Trader Joe's I could probably get for $60-70 at other places.
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Tami - I sense a career opportunity. Delivery of TJ food to outlying areas...:smile:

I love their produce. It's packaged, so you have to look at it closely.

I love the Pacific Shores frozen Stir Fry Veggies (with edamame) significant protein.

Their Trader Joes brand Greek yogurt is pretty good. The Fage Greek yogurt is cheap there....and the only place I can find it.

Soy milk, almond milk, tomato products, bread is all much cheaper than the big stores. The frozen stuff is never freezer burned and always yummy
    Steel Cut oats much cheaper
    Sauces and spices you can't find anywhere else.

My TJs is small, so in/out is quick.
    I have honestly thought about starting a mail order business and being the "Trader Joes Personal Shopper" for people. :wink: :laugh:

Yes, I can be in and out of my TJ's in 20 min (even with my 2 1/2 year old with me!)

I just never find anything bad there. The soba noodle salad is SOO good. The muffins, breads, sauces, soups, cereals. I buy their 9 whole grain crunch and the organic raisin bran clusters all the time. Delicious!!!

The cinnamon crumpets are great, the peach salsa, the popcorn made with olive oil, the sour cream and onion rice crisps, their "popped potato crisps", the frozen corn and black bean enchiladas, roasted veggie enchiladas, asparagus risotto, mushroom risotto, the pasta medley, gnocchi sorrento, the harvest hodgepodge frozen veggie blend, etc etc etc!!

Yes, I am a fan!! :laugh:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    yeahthat.gif

Yep. About the only place I shop.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    TJ's also has great wraps...chicken,..turkey...beef

and a great selection of cheeses that the big grocers dont carry

the cave aged guyrere cheese is heaven and worth the $
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    *sigh* We don't have ANYTHING like that here in Alaska... At least not in the boon docks where I live!!!
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Ooops! Double post!
  • krissynicole787
    Options
    mmmm just ate some cranberry almond clusters :drinker: