• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Ooops! Double post!

silly cutie:wink:
  • Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I really like Trader Joe's but don't go as much as I'd like because parking over there is HORRIBLE! :grumble: Their prices are great! :bigsmile:
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Ooops! Double post!

silly cutie:wink:

I MISSED you, Dave!!! You've had some really great posts lately, too! How come I'm never here when you're on?!
  • GIBride01
    GIBride01 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    No Trader Joe...No Whole Foods...no nuthin here. Stupid Kansas....:sad:
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Tee-hee... You can be miserable with me in Alaska! It's probably about the same, but with really good fishing!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I find that the Trader Joe's prices are usually cheaper than the regular grocery. Expecially on things like Milk, eggs, cheese, butter, etc.

There's one right down the street so it's super easy to get to. I wish I could do all my shopping there but there are certain things they don't carry.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Tee-hee... You can be miserable with me in Alaska! It's probably about the same, but with really good fishing!

Don't say that too loud! My husband hears "really good fishing" and starts packing his bags! :laugh:
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Love Trader Joe's! And I don't go there enough...i buy my "Better n' Butter" from there. Yummy! And I agree that their dried fruit is delicious, and I love their pita chips and veggie chips and hummus and .... yum. I'm making myself wanna eat now, but I can't. I can't even go shopping till after my trip next week. LOL.
  • krissynicole787
    krissynicole787 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Love Trader Joe's! And I don't go there enough...i buy my "Better n' Butter" from there. Yummy! And I agree that their dried fruit is delicious, and I love their pita chips and veggie chips and hummus and .... yum. I'm making myself wanna eat now, but I can't. I can't even go shopping till after my trip next week. LOL.

i love their pita chips and hummus too! the roasted red pepper hummus is my fav! im actually going to have some pita chips and hummus for a snack later today!:bigsmile:
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I live in the Louisiana sticks and all we have here is WalMart Supercenter for groceries!!!!:angry::grumble:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I miss wal-mart supercenter. I used to live right down the street from there, and we started calling it mecca because we made a daily trip... there were eight of them in Reno.

When I moved to Cali, I asked someone-where is the closest Wal-Mart? She shushed me and told me- we don't have those, and don't say that to anyone else....

turns out there is a regular wal-mart like 20 minutes away, but not a supercenter:frown:

TJ's is pretty expensive for me too, maybe it's just where I live? This is an expensive area
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    so what "discount" stores are there in your area? Target?
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Go there every so often but it seems a bit pricey to me.
    Really??? I find them more reasonable for the most part. I mean, some of the meats and produce are a bit spendy but you get good quality stuff. Everything I tend to find less there. Hmm, interesting!

I live in Phoenix and the more competition they get the higher their prices seem. I love Trader Joes but the closest one is 5 or 6 miles away and I have 7 groceries or markets and 2 targets and 3 walmarts and a costco within 4 miles of my house now. The fresh and easy has same type of dried fruits and nuts for less money so why drive further when I can walk to this one.

I wouldn't mind TJ"s putting a new location out by me, the one they have serves most of the mesa area and it is too busy, especially when the snow birds are in town :noway:
  • quinnybear
    quinnybear Posts: 243
    Options

When I moved to Cali, I asked someone-where is the closest Wal-Mart? She shushed me and told me- we don't have those, and don't say that to anyone else....

really?! i live in cali and have always shopped at wal-mart. we have 2 supercenters within 10 miles of my house. no trader joes or whole foods or nugget stores though... :frown:
  • GIBride01
    Options
    I just read 20 min ago that Trader Joe's is owned by ALDI's...huh, learn something new everyday...An ALDI's I have, 30 min away...I do have a superwalmart, which I would gladly trade in for a Trader Joes and maybe a bookstore!:grumble:
  • GIBride01
    Options
    Tami - I sense a career opportunity. Delivery of TJ food to outlying areas...:smile:

I love their produce. It's packaged, so you have to look at it closely.

I love the Pacific Shores frozen Stir Fry Veggies (with edamame) significant protein.

Their Trader Joes brand Greek yogurt is pretty good. The Fage Greek yogurt is cheap there....and the only place I can find it.

Soy milk, almond milk, tomato products, bread is all much cheaper than the big stores. The frozen stuff is never freezer burned and always yummy
    Steel Cut oats much cheaper
    Sauces and spices you can't find anywhere else.

My TJs is small, so in/out is quick.
    I have honestly thought about starting a mail order business and being the "Trader Joes Personal Shopper" for people. :wink: :laugh:

Yes, I can be in and out of my TJ's in 20 min (even with my 2 1/2 year old with me!)

I just never find anything bad there. The soba noodle salad is SOO good. The muffins, breads, sauces, soups, cereals. I buy their 9 whole grain crunch and the organic raisin bran clusters all the time. Delicious!!!

The cinnamon crumpets are great, the peach salsa, the popcorn made with olive oil, the sour cream and onion rice crisps, their "popped potato crisps", the frozen corn and black bean enchiladas, roasted veggie enchiladas, asparagus risotto, mushroom risotto, the pasta medley, gnocchi sorrento, the harvest hodgepodge frozen veggie blend, etc etc etc!!

Yes, I am a fan!! :laugh:

Would you consider your first customer to be in the midwest...say Kansas??
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    We don't have Trader Joe's here in the stick town in South Carolina that I live in. We have a super Wal-Mart, Ingles, Bi-Lo, Bloom and Aldi. I would love to go to a Trader Joe's you are all making me hungry:grumble:, :laugh:
  • beckn
    beckn Posts: 14
    Options
    Trader Joe's has made my life so much easier. I just came home from there and I picked up fresh strawberries and fat free yogurt and cottage cheese, some grilled chicken breasts, fresh asparagus, salad greens, tomatoes, cucumbers, humus, olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and some pine nuts. I am set for some good healthy eating for a few days. I like to take my lunch to work so I don't eat take out. Our TJ's is really close to my house. Yep, I am a fan!!!
  • beckn
    beckn Posts: 14
    Options
    Sorry, but I bet the super Walmart has some good products too. Hey, tell me how to get my tracker to show up on my blog. I set one up but it doesn't show up.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but I bet the super Walmart has some good products too. Hey, tell me how to get my tracker to show up on my blog. I set one up but it doesn't show up.

Go to settings on your home page, click "change forum signature" Set up your ticker following the directions. For more questions, go to "Frequently asked questions" by clicking "Help" at the top of any page on MFP.