Any "older" moms with younger children??

Options
124»

Replies

• rowyourboat
    rowyourboat Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm 39 wit 6 & 3 year old. My biggest challenge was severe pre-eclampsia and giving birth to two premature children. The oldest was 2.5 months premature and has reactive airway disease, probably because of his lung development at birth. My 3 year old was 5 weeks early and is healthy. She's a very good eater so eating healthy around her is not a problem...it's my older one who is picky and is extremely low in weight....always trying to squeeze in extra butter, etc. in his food. I have to buy different milks, peanut butters, high fat yogurts, etc. so the grocery bill is expensive. There....expensive grocery when you have younger children with different nutritional needs.
  • TotalTiger
    Options
    Hi. I'm 41 next month with 3 boys - 6, nearly 5 and nearly 2. I started on MFP 3 weeks ago and wished I did it 10 years ago. I'm not sure if my age was a challenge when I was pregnant. I was lucky and had 3 healthy pregnancies regardless of my weight. I think it's an advantage now. I've lived my "single" life - done my travelling, been to uni, drunk too much on too many occasions etc.... You know what I mean. Now I can concentrate on being the best mum I can be without feeling that I've missed out on anything. I must admit it is very strange though having my eldest son's primary school teacher being 15 years younger than me.
  • mom2mozart
    mom2mozart Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I will turn 44 in May. My kids are 6 and just turned 4... I would love to share this journey with you.

I've been at it for 26 days and have lost 11 pounds. I'm amazed at how quickly I lost some of my
    belly fat. I still have about 15 or 20 left to go... 15 would put me at my goal weight, but 20 more
    would be ideal... I haven't seen those numbers in about 9 years though. I'm feeling better and loving
    the encouragement from this site.
  • kndlkai1
    kndlkai1 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'll be 42 this year. My son is 11 and the girls are 7, 3, and 4 months. Weight loss is a constant struggle for me but this website is really great for tracking, ideas, and support. Feel free to add me. :-)

Good luck!
  • wurgin
    wurgin Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hi there all.....
    I am looking for "older" mom's.... ( I am 44 ) with a 6 year old and a 3 year old..... and hoping to find some friends who are willing to share their stories of weight loss while they are raising a family and being " mature"......
    Christine
    aka----trimformecmb
    yep, I am 42 with a 3 yr old and an 8 yr old :) connect with me - i love that we have this in common! (i also have a 1yr old great dane, she counts too)
  • wurgin
    wurgin Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 41 next month with 3 boys - 6, nearly 5 and nearly 2. I started on MFP 3 weeks ago and wished I did it 10 years ago. I'm not sure if my age was a challenge when I was pregnant. I was lucky and had 3 healthy pregnancies regardless of my weight. I think it's an advantage now. I've lived my "single" life - done my travelling, been to uni, drunk too much on too many occasions etc.... You know what I mean. Now I can concentrate on being the best mum I can be without feeling that I've missed out on anything. I must admit it is very strange though having my eldest son's primary school teacher being 15 years younger than me.

exactly!
  • monicamk1975
    monicamk1975 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 36 with an 18 month old, I am also a SAHM.
  • reddcat
    reddcat Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Oh boy! Guess I am part of this group too. (cringe) I am 40 and have a 4 year old. My biggest challenge was pre-eclampsia and gestational diabetes. Well, that and the big red stamp they put on your folder when you are having a child "later in life". That killed me! I am a SAHM and LOVE it. Not sure I would have been so happy with the whole thing when I was younger. Now I have a huge appreciation for life and time.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 and have a 2, 7, 10, and12 yr old. Lost first born at 22mo, he would have been 15.