Meat- what kind to you eat?

Options

Replies

• raisingbabyk
    raisingbabyk Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    - Ground Turkey (I make all the same things you would use ground beef for..Spaghetti, Chili, Burgers, Tacos, Sheppard's Pie, Etc)
    - Chicken Breast
    - Tilapia
    - Salmon
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    RIBEYE!!!!....
  • monicamk1975
    monicamk1975 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    a lot of chicken too,bacon, sausage, turkey, pepperoni, salami, ham.... everything :) I love meat :)
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I only eat Italian sausage.

I told you it was Chorizo and I was only 1/4 italian. Liar
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    The problem I am having is the sodium amount in most meats! I really try to watch my sodium AND enjoy meat... can I have both? lol
    Eat less processed meats
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    All kinds

- chicken (baked, grilled, occasionally pan fried)
    - steak (porterhouse, tenderloin, strip, bison, always grilled)
    - ground beef (lots of ways)
    - pork (tenderlion, shredded, occasionally chops, baked, pan fried, grilled)
    - ham (baked)
    - bacon (duh)
    - fish (baked, broiled, grilled)
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options

LIES! You eat Chorizo and Tube too!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I tend to prefer the lab-grown vat meat myself.
  • kriggs1976
    Options
    I do not buy beef or pork at all anymore.
    We eat turkey, chicken, and alot of fish.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options

LIES! You eat Chorizo and Tube too!

You late Brah.....
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I eat tuna fish almost every day. I love it. I give myself permission to eat anything I want but like another person who posted I measure or weigh everything. Love Salmon, turkey, and chicken and those are easy for me to portion correctly. If I get in the mood for beef I make sure to only purchase the amount I plan to eat in that one meal.

Every week I make a huge pot of soup and freeze in containers. Sometimes add beef to a pot of soup.
  • ninkira1
    ninkira1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Because I've been on the South Beach Diet, I've been eating a lot of very lean cut meats. My mom (who is doing the diet with me) is bothered by how tough the meat is, but I digress. Cut your pieces thinner, and soak the lean meats longer. :)

Chicken breast
    Boneless top round steak
    Sirloin
    Eye round london broil
    Flank steak
    Very lean ground beef
    Lean pork tenderloin
    Lamb chops

Also fish is very delicious. The type of fat taste is so different from meat, and so much sweeter. Just don't cook them too long- if it becomes dry it is gross!

Shrimp, Salmon, Cod, Halibut

And instead of eating so much ham and bacon, I go for the turkey instead! Again, the taste is milder and sweeter than that of ham.
  • etrebin85
    Options
    I only eat poultry and fish- if I eat meat at all. No red meat or pork. I have always been like this for some reason.:smile:
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    MAN!
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Beef Ribeye, lots of pork (butterfly chops, tenderloin, sirloin) I like chicken but the dishes I like are loaded. I am going to try turkey breast here shortly.
  • rrrbecca11
    Options
    Not one single, solitary scrap. :-)
  • Tcakes85
    Options
    Oh, and don't forget bacon! :laugh:

In reply to an above reply. I guess you can't delete these things...:grumble:
  • CapsFan17
    Options
    I eat mostly chicken, its cheaper and vary versital. But I also cook porkchops alot ocasionally when I find a sale I'll do steaks or a roast. Fish and shrimp are also a staple. Google is my best friend when it comes to new recipies. And the Hillshire Farms chicken sausage is fantastic in gumbo, jumbalia, or red beans and rice and is reasonable calorie wise. Now I'm hungry....
    :smile:
  • GetFitWithDe
    Options
    Turkey, Fish, and other Seafoods are my go to "meats" when on my detox. I try to cut the chicken and beef as much as I can, even thought I love beef and I am not a fan of pork. I get Ground Turkey, Turkey Chops, Turkey Sauasge, Cod, Salmon, Albacore Tuna and plenty of strimp, scallops, and crab legs.
  • monicamk1975
    monicamk1975 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I'm still laughing at the Chorizo comment...