Options

Replies

• HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    My 2 most common are:
    - Anything with chicken
    - Lean mince beef

I usually have the mince beef as spaghetti bolognese, or mince stuffed peppers served over rice.

I also have occasionally; pork steaks, pork strips (like you'd put in a stir fry) sausages, frying steak... I don't have turkey very often, but I don't dislike it.
  • k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    mostly chicken breast, though i do throw in white fish (like tilapia), lean cuts of pork, and extra lean ground beef on a regular basis. my husband loves turkey kielbasa, so we have that on occasion, but not very often because of the sodium (thought calorie content is roughly the same as lean ground beef).
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I'm not a huge meat eater but I'll eat any kind of meat I want, I just watch the portions........
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    If you eat real, unprocessed meat then you won't have to worry about the sodium. I'm pretty sure the only flesh that NATURALLY has sodium, (or at least enough to count) is fish.
  • ericabrothers
    Options
    Go to skinnytaste.com and just look around. There is TONS of different recipes for chicken, pork, fish. The sits is freaking addictive. Plus if you make a free account you can add stuff to your recipe box to save it. I've already made several things off of there and they are all great! Its nice to look at other stuff just to give you ideas. I made mozzarella and spinach stuffed pork tenderloin and wrapped it with prosciutto and i sprinkled some bread crumbs on top of it. it was really good :smile:
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    Looking for some variety from the normal "chicken" meal- What other meat meals do you fix?

Any and all. Some cuts of beef and pork are lower in calories than boneless and skinless chicken, what is magical about chicken?
  • twinsanity
    twinsanity Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    Tube steak please.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    The "other" white meat. Lean boneless pork loin chop. mmmm
  • kittyninja
    Options
    I personally don't like beef or pork (besides lean ham), so I tend to stick to lean chicken, turkey, and LOTS of seafood. :)
  • plcarpenter
    plcarpenter Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I only eat Italian sausage.

how is that even possible

Well, I'm assuming she has recently traveled to Italy : )
  • KC4800
    KC4800 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Chicken of the sea makes a low sodium canned tuna in water thats very low in sodium, Im talking 200 mg for the whole can.

I also eat chicken, beef, pork, salmon, turkey, shrimp, scallops, tilapia, perch and walleye.

We have a local producer here that makes a fine groung turkey italian sausage that I eat occasionally. (DiRusso's)

Last night I had whole wheat penne and 5 meatballs.

My point is: Eat anything, just make sure you mark it down.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I have eaten: beef, pork, chicken, turkey, duck, scallops, shrimps, lobsters, squids, fishies, crabs, buffalo, deer (venison), rabbit, eel.

I want to eat: moose, ostrich, turtle.
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    The problem I am having is the sodium amount in most meats! I really try to watch my sodium AND enjoy meat... can I have both? lol

Sodium? Really? Fresh meat has sodium? I mean, enough to matter? I didn't think so.
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I eat pretty much most meat. Steak. Chicken, Pork, various Fish plus my dad hunts which means yummy Venison
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Steak...corned beef...bacon...seafood
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    I eat beef (mostly very lean steaks like a well trimmed strip or tenderloin-no ground beef to speak of), turkey, chicken, and salmon. NO pork at all, no shellfish.
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I eat all meats -- but focus on the lean. I refrain from buying deli-meats and sausage. I can buy a turkey breast and roast it for about 1/3 the cost and I have control over the sodium. I make my own "sausage" with ground lean meats and adding my herbs to it. If I want the flavor of fat, I keep some bacon fat in the freezer that I can add for that extra decadance. I grill chicken and flank steak to have on hand for wraps, salads, impromptu homemade nachos, stir frys, etc.

I also make a couple of vegetarian meals for the week. Someone mentioned TVP and it is amazing in chili or soups. I try to have a hearty chili or stew on hand.

Another trick - cook on the weekend for the week. We have a full refrigerator at work, so I pack my lunches and snacks for the week and take it in with me on Monday... prevents the running late and forgetting it throughout the week. Hope those help.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I love to make meatballs but I use chicken or turkey because I don't like beef. There's a great slow cooker meatball recipe on skinnytaste.com. Mostly I eat chicken or beans. LOL. ;)
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    We eat:
    ground beef, ground chicken, ground turkey
    turkeys and hams (when on sale)
    pork tenderloin & lean pork loin chops
    boneless skinless chicken breasts
    canned tuna

no fish or steaks since I don't like them and I do the cooking, LOL
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Maybe I just suck at preparing it, but I always find pork to be tough so I never have that, really. I pretty much stick to chicken. I love ground chicken.. I put it in everything. Chicken spaghetti, chicken lasagna... really. I also make shredded chicken with salsa in my slow cooker at least every other week and make tons of different meals with it. Send me a message if you want-- it's the easiest thing ever :)