Anyone doing the Couch to 5k!?

Options
124»

Replies

• CherylR165
    Options
    I finished the program last April! Last year, I ran six 5Ks and one 8K. I ran a 10K trail run in January and I will be running my first half marathon this Saturday. C25K is an awesome program. You'll be surprised how fast it will get you running! Feel free to add me if you like. I have 2 more half's scheduled for this spring, one each in April & May!
  • kaotika
    kaotika Posts: 34
    Options
    Has anyone tried this when they are 100 #'s overweight? if so, I would like to hear how it went for you. I'd love to do this.

I well over #100 overweight and will be starting it tonight. I am going to try and run when they say, but if I just flat out can't do it, I will do a "fast walk" for the duration and then "slow walk" for the walk part. I figure it's just important to get out and move and if I follow this, then the weight will come off, my cardio will improve and every few week I can try to run and see if anything changes. And if not? Back to "slow walk" / "fast walk" until it does change!!!
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried this when they are 100 #'s overweight? if so, I would like to hear how it went for you. I'd love to do this.

I well over #100 overweight and will be starting it tonight. I am going to try and run when they say, but if I just flat out can't do it, I will do a "fast walk" for the duration and then "slow walk" for the walk part. I figure it's just important to get out and move and if I follow this, then the weight will come off, my cardio will improve and every few week I can try to run and see if anything changes. And if not? Back to "slow walk" / "fast walk" until it does change!!!

I hope your first day went great z9999! :flowerforyou:
  • ceaton80
    ceaton80 Posts: 37
    Options
    Just finished up week 7, day 1. I never ever thought I would run 25 minutes straight, its crazy and I'm happy with myself. I find at the moment you are wanting to slow down or walk, if you push through it for another 30 seconds, get your mind right, you get a dose of adrenaline or something and you feel like you can run forever! Its a crazy good feeling!

Great program, it works for anyone!!
  • monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I Finished my first Session today 10:30pm. -8 snowing with wind. Wore my Scarf and two Sweaters with both hoods up. XD. Didn't finish the very last run part, Last run and the 5 minute cool down. I had some Chest pain. But Its gone now though strangely my thighs are hurting me now.
    Hopefully I stick with it.
    I'm Also on Week 1, Day 5 of Ripped in 30. :D
  • Jrclive
    Jrclive Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I completed the c25k sometime last year. I have a bad knee and I started walking for a month before I started the c25k. I had to repeat some weeks due to getting sick. During the entire program, as long as I went at a speed that was comfortable and I didn't push myself, my knee was fine. My goal was to complete the program and I did. I have completed this program for what feels like every year for the past 3 years.

I have a quick question though, what do you do after you complete the program? Do you continue running? After I was able to run for 30 minutes nonstop, I felt like I had accomplished my goal but then I gave up because I didn't have any support nor any other goals afterwards.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I completed the c25k sometime last year. I have a bad knee and I started walking for a month before I started the c25k. I had to repeat some weeks due to getting sick. During the entire program, as long as I went at a speed that was comfortable and I didn't push myself, my knee was fine. My goal was to complete the program and I did. I have completed this program for what feels like every year for the past 3 years.

I have a quick question though, what do you do after you complete the program? Do you continue running? After I was able to run for 30 minutes nonstop, I felt like I had accomplished my goal but then I gave up because I didn't have any support nor any other goals afterwards.

Afterwards, sign up for a 5K, or find some way of tracking your speed, and work on getting faster (I use logyourrun.com, and also the app for my phone), or try to add time to your runs gradually to increase mileage. There is a Bridge to 10K program that will help with this, but i liked just adding 5 minutes per run per week better.

The main thing is set another goal.