• shanna0413
    shanna0413 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    bump
  • _Kitten_Kate
    _Kitten_Kate Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    25hk2rt.png

Here is a good idea for breakfast or snack!

1/4 cup quick oats
    1 egg (sub. 1/4 egg beaters for less calories)
    small handful of blueberries
    little bit of brown sugar/stevia (optional)
    tbsp soymilk or regular milk(for added moistness!)

Mix it all up into a coffee mug!
    Put it in the microwave for 1 minute, make sure it doesn’t overflow! Add an extra 30 sec if it needs to firm up.

Would you like to share this with our recipe group?
    Join us!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3700-the-cook
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    I subbed quinoa flakes for the oats and half a diced apple and some cinnamon for the blueberries (since I don't have any berries on hand) and it turned out fine. Have made it twice and need to experiment a bit with the cooking time. I have been cooking for long enough to soften the apples, which I think is a bit long for the "cake".

Knowing that it is basically flakes and egg and no flour or sugar, I expected it to be fairly eggy and not cakey - more breakfast than dessert - so I was happy with it. My son was eyeing it and I think I'll have to make him one tomorrow.
  • valerieschram
    valerieschram Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    bump
  • XOchocolate
    XOchocolate Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thanks...looks so yummy;)
  • ChristineDB
    ChristineDB Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    YUM!!
  • trinaballerina75
    trinaballerina75 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Mmmm, definitely going to give this a try. Thanks for sharing :)
  • TriciaZ944
    TriciaZ944 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Looks tasty!
  • jenny1350
    Options
    Can't wait to try this! YUMMMMMMMMMMMMM!
  • AB963K
    AB963K Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    :tongue: yummy
  • krizz5u6
    Options
    Bump! Looks good, I have been looking for some different ways to eat oatmeal/ different things to put in oatmeal :)
  • loulou2006
    loulou2006 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: This recipe is fantastic and so quick and easy!! Thanks for sharing
  • KellyKAG
    KellyKAG Posts: 418
    Options
    I make this all the time but instead of egg, I only add natural applesauce and water. You can also add protein powder to them if you choose. I got it from the web site chocolate covered katie and I make them in my cupcake/muffin tin (be sure to spray it well with olive oil or pam or they will not come out). I've also used 1/2 cup ramekins. I multiply the mix times 6 to fill my entire cupcake pan for 6 servings.

This is for ONE serving which is divided into two muffins:

1/2 cup oats (50g)
    1/4 tsp vanilla extract
    1 packet stevia or splenda (or none at all....I usually omit)
    3 T unsweetened applesauce (60g)
    1/4 cup milk, creamer, juice, or water (I use 2 ounces water)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine raw oats, applesauce, sweetener, and liquid. Pour into two well oiled 1/2-cup ramekins OR two wells of your traditional cupcake/muffin pan. Cook for 15-20 minutes (17 is perfect for me), or more until it’s firm. When I pop them out of my muffin tin and they are still warm, I squish them down to about the diameter of an english muffin .....I actualy use my tuna strainer to do this....I like them a little thinner so they have more surface area for toppings :)

There are tons of things you can add and the possibilities are endless as far spices. If you don't like applesauce, bananas or pumpkin works too. Katie has tons of different flavors on her site but I like these plain jane ones. To top them, I use peanut butter, jelly, cream cheese, etc.

Two of these babies are a serving!

These stats are based on using sugar free applesauce, splenda and water with my quaker old fashioned rolled oats

Cals: 213, Carbs: 40, Fat: 4 grams, Protein: 6 grams, Sodium: 10 mgs, Fiber: 6 grams

This is so good! Tried recipe from original post and did not like it at all. Tried this one next and it was amazaballs!
  • Angellore
    Angellore Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    I made it this morning, was delish!

IMAG0280.jpg

IMAG0282.jpg

I also put milled berry flaxseed and chopped nuts in mine