Replies

• hatravers
    hatravers Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cindycoley19
    cindycoley19 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I had a "flat belly" friend tell me years ago, after 3 childbirths, she did 100 situps a night to get the flat belly back. Not sure if it works for everyone...Have never been consistent with any exercise until the last 30 days. But Kudos to you, you look great! looks to me like the mid section is dwindling away! Keep up the good work! Any tips, please pass my way. I have a long way to go.
  • GrammyM
    GrammyM Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    It can be a symptom of metabolic syndrome and/or insulin resistance. Once I got my blood glucose under control I went from 36 inch waist to 30. MUFA's, flax seed oil also seem to help. I highly recommend the Abs Diet for Women by David Zinczenko. Lot's of good science behind it.
  • drift
    drift Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Pilates worked for me
  • sacha1977
    Options
    Everyone is critical about some part of there body. If you was happy with this, I'm sure you would have something else you would be unhappy with.
    You look great in your photos. Sexy and curvy.
    There is nothing you can really do that would rectify this, so embrace your body and start loving it and being proud of the changes you've made.
    I know when I got down to 9st previously I still had a wobberly belly even though I was going to the gym 5 days a week and doing a ridiculous amount of work on my abs, it just wouldn't change due to the amount of weight I had lost
    You are gorgeous
    xx
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    How quickly did you lose the weight? That can play a big part in how your stomach, and skin in general looks after.

Since you haven't got that much to lose, I would focus on a small deficit now to lose slowly, and concentrate mainly on strength training, heavy compound exercises (heavy is relative so you do what you can do, but usually 8-10 is the top rep range) They work the core so much better than ab exercises (from personal experience)
  • dvcab
    dvcab Posts: 78
    Options
    i have the same problem my gym told me cardio cardio cardio with some ab excercises mixed in ..im trying hard and hopefully i will see a change. it is apparently the last fat to move and the hardest. but i think i may get some fish oil now and cross my fingers it will help..ps you look fantastic
  • 1Timothy4v8
    1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Palaties! I am telling you that work out is incredable!!! I lost so much belly fat (before) with that, I had a strong tummy and pretty flattened tummy considering I was still very much over weight 220 to be exact, here is a pic

smaltumtum-1.jpg

See everything else is pretty big but my belly is pulled in nicely considering my size, I owed it all to Palities, I know cause this time around my tummy got HUGE!!!! cause I stopped doing it,

I used to use Ana Cabon cardio Palities, it targets the tummy and gives it lean muscles, DOnt listen to any body you can achieve what your heart desires you just goto know how my dear =)
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I've gone from 168lbs to 145lbs and my belly is exactly the same.

Nothing works. I just carry all of my weight there. I've always had skinny arms and legs even at 168lbs.

Have you children op? My belly has never been the same since I had my first age 19, and now I have two....well I will never wear a bikini again put it that way.
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I have the same, my my belly holds all of my fat, paired with the stretch marks I look like I've had kids.
    My belly button has the sad looking thing going on too :(
  • Airbear3
    Airbear3 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    me too! started at 200 at 164 now goal 150! but i think i will have to go way below my goal because of the amount of fat arounf my belly! i can't see anywhere else i have to lose the weight. my legs look like dude legs they're so muscular so if there is o where else to lose it will have to start coming off my belly! i hope:0) good luck!
  • EllaScarlet
    EllaScarlet Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I feel the same. My legs get skinny, then my arms, my face, I start to see bones on my chest..... BUT I still have that little belly and the hip fat. I would love to built up my arms and especially legs a bit and lose some fat around the middle. Seems like strength training is the best way to transform your body shape - that is what I'm going to try!
  • hackett1171
    Options
    I too have a belly even at my heaviest, I had always had a flat stomach. I just went to the Dr. and Chiro, WHEAT!!!! I am so backed up with S*** and gas that I look descended and my belly sounds like a drum. I have to cut out all wheat and gluten. My little snacks of homemade granola and the whole wheat low carb tortilla is killing me. I am never hungry because I am so bloated. Try taking out wheat. It takes up to 4 days to stop the cravings and once you have eliminated it you should see a difference in your belly.
    HTH's
  • tabithajoyy
    tabithajoyy Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I dont have any advice except lifting more and abs videos. I am not anywhere near anything flat..about 50 more lbs for that.

BUMP
  • 189andFalling
    189andFalling Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue as well... it all just collects around the mid section and seems to stay there.

My thought process is I've never been down to 8-12% bodyfat before so that's my target. If it's still there @ 8% then not much I can do.

What I suspect is whatever fat you have left will just stick and be the last bit to go. Keep on at it and eventually it MUST go somewhere! I mean I see pictures of people who dropped 200lbs with perfectly flat tummies.

I think the ab exercises etc won't burn fat from that area but would help with overall tone.

I figure for me as a man the only think that might work is getting on the weights for a year and building my upper body so the skin 'stretches up' from that!
  • aghack
    aghack Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    It may or may not help, but green tea is a miracle for belly fat. Obese Japanese men were but on the same diet, but half drank 4 cups of green tea a day. The ones that drank the green tea had only slightly more weight loss (2-3 lbs) but saw a significantly more noticeable decrease in abdominal fat.

I'm at the beginning of my journey, but I have incorporated green tea (3 cups per day) into my nutritional plan.

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=146
  • katcod1522
    katcod1522 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Ive gone from 214.6 to 143.8 as of today. My goal is 136.6 (healthy bmi)..and yes..my tummy still carries the weight. Im hoping in the next 8-10lbs..its better :/
  • daffy_girl
    Options
    I have the same problem. So far I have lost 55 lbs but my tummy still looks the same. It kinda depresses me. Its like "Will this ever go away?" But as long as I stay healthy, that's all that really matters to me. From the posts Ive read, we are not alone on this one.
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Since you haven't got that much to lose, I would focus on a small deficit now to lose slowly, and concentrate mainly on strength training, heavy compound exercises (heavy is relative so you do what you can do, but usually 8-10 is the top rep range) They work the core so much better than ab exercises (from personal experience)

Great advise IMO. When I get close to goal I will hit the strength training hard. I have seen amazing results from women that do this.
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Hula hooping is really taking the inches off my belly. There have been a lot of before/after picture posts from people doing 30 day shred who have had good results with their stomachs. Good luck
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!