What eating no processed food can do!

Options
I just watched this segment about feeding your body with better foods. AMAZING! Must watch and pass on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLjgBLwH3Wc

Replies

• onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    All foods are processed to an extent....so eating no processed foods would cause one to starve to death.
  • MyTime1985
    MyTime1985 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I'll have to watch this when I get home from work. This is something I am very interested in. Thanks!
  • Darrknys
    Options
    @oneday- did you watch it?
  • All foods are processed to an extent....so eating no processed foods would cause one to starve to death.

That's not true at all.
    You can grow your own foods and not process them. Fruits, vegetables, anything that comes from the ground is not processed, as long as no pesticides and stuff were used.
    That's what me and my boyfriend plan to do with our house, we plan to have our own farm and grow our own food for health reasons.
  • reaolliemama
    reaolliemama Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    All foods are processed to an extent....so eating no processed foods would cause one to starve to death.

You are very misinformed about this and that's unfortunate.

This was very informative, I suggest you actually watch it!
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Fascinating, thank you for the link!
  • smcase
    smcase Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting that link. I think eveyone needs to watch it!
  • onedayillbamilf
    Options

That's not true at all.
    You can grow your own foods and not process them. Fruits, vegetables, anything that comes from the ground is not processed, as long as no pesticides and stuff were used.
    That's what me and my boyfriend plan to do with our house, we plan to have our own farm and grow our own food for health reasons.

Congratulations on your ability to live off of nothing but home grown fruits and veggies. I like to eat meat, so this is not an option for me.
  • Fitwam
    Fitwam Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Looks and sounds fascinating (watched first 2 minutes)! Will read later when I am home! Thanks for sharing the link:flowerforyou:
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
  • onedayillbamilf
    Options

:flowerforyou:
  • _persephone_
    _persephone_ Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    This is fascinating! I'm very interested in the effects of food on the brain/mental health, so this has given me a lot to think about. Thank you for posting :)
  • JanaMatchett
    JanaMatchett Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Gonna watch this later but am very interested in seeing it....
    We rarely buy meat. We hunt so we have plenty of venison, wild hog, catfish and some dove in the freezer. Although we are still buying some veggies and other things now our garden this year will be much larger and we'll be able to put back (can and freeze) lots more and buy less. Also just planted lots of fruit trees and berries. Just moved here in September (our land borders a national forest on 2 sides) so trying to get it all set up. Can't wait till everything is producing. Anyway, thanks so much for sharing!
    :smile:
  • eschwab855
    eschwab855 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • valligator
    valligator Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. I wonder what I could substitute for the organ meat and the seaweed...
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options

I think you missed the point...
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options

inspiring video. 9 cups of veggies daily? in the words of barney stinson 'challenge accepted'! :)
  • Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I just watched this segment about feeding your body with better foods. AMAZING! Must watch and pass on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLjgBLwH3Wc

Thank you for sharing! This goes along with the book I'm reading right now "Real Food: What to Eat and Why" Nina Planck...I've been making a lot of changes since lowering the sodium in my diet ...I'm no where near perfect yet, and never expect to be, but every little thing we can do better helps!!
  • Darrknys
    Options

I think you missed the point...

agreed
  • Darrknys
    Options
    Congratulations on your ability to live off of nothing but home grown fruits and veggies. I like to eat meat, so this is not an option for me.

Did you watch it yet? and why so angry?