What eating no processed food can do!

Options

Replies

• JenRedesigned
    JenRedesigned Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I think so many of us are scared to try this because it's such a deviation from the norm. I have a family and am trying to ease them into a Paleo Diet :)
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Awesome link! Her story is very inspiring. I've been eating more veggies and fruits, but not 9 cups of those foods daily. I would love to follow her diet.
  • XOchocolate
    XOchocolate Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! Amazing!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I started eating like this 1 month and 2 days ago, because I was developing these really hideous and SCARY rashes/legions all over my body and the doctor couldn't figure it out, suggested it was possibly a few things, gave me a prescription for some SUPER EXPENSIVE pills & ULTRA OUT OF THIS WORLD EXPENSIVE topical stuff--it didn't get better and when I saw as one of her diagnosis or potential symptoms was obesity...I threw the gauntlet down, begged God to help me and show me what to do to get well and to make a New Life/New Start...if He would show me how to think, eat and live from now on, I'll DO IT--no matter what--I said YES I WILL--just show me Lord, but also PLEASE give me the power to do it too.

All that to say, He showed me my "issues" were inside as well as out--and among other things I stopped cold turkey eating and drinking:

coffee
    sodas, juices (other than my home-made fresh pressed juices)
    dairy products
    package/process foods (junk foods)
    eating out at fast food restaurants
    ALL meats (chicken, pork, beef, lamb)
    No more sweets/processed sugars
    No more processed/refined bakery goods
    Everything I have been filling my body with for many, many, MANY years--cold turkey I stopped it ALL-no side effects, no cravings, no withdrals, nothing but good results:

I lost 15 pounds in 1 month and every day the scale in creeping down and down and down

I'm losing inches from just everywhere on my body

My eye-sight is getting better...things are not as blurry as they used to be

my mental state is 100% better, I no longer feel sluggish, evil, bitter, bummed out but instead feel a daily vim and vigor that I haven't felt in 30+ years! My attitude towards myself and life are getting better and better and it's like I'm a whole new person slowly coming out of a "shell" or something.

My nails, skin and hair looks fabulous

I substituted negative and hateful thoughts and attitudes with exercise and daily fresh air, sunshine and walking.

I substituted processed sweets and baddies (why should I call them "goodies") for fresh juicy fruits and veggies
    I substituted processed sugary empty calorie drinks like juice and pop for WATER
    I substituted meats for pole & trolled caught Tuna and wild salmon and nuts and seeds
    I substituted dairy for vegan/glutten free products, which like everything else I started, initially tasted weird, but now I LOVE THEM and crave them instead of the other "junk"

I stopped watching and listening to vulgar and senseless negative news & shows and reading and replaced them with classical music and excellent reading materials. I promised God if He would help me and show me a NEW lifestyle and help me live it, I'd give Him ALL the glory, honor and praise. Which I'm doing and let me tell ya...one of the things He used to help me on this NEW WAY of living, eating, and thinking is "eating NO MORE processed food"

Thank you for posting and reading this. Also, to see an example of how I now eat...check my food dairy

P.S. nine or more cups are very doable by juicing raw ORGANIC veggies--you just get the juice from tons, and MAN....let me tell ya--no alcohol in the world can touch the "high" you get, the energy and WOW from jucing fresh organic fruits and veggies. I'm telling ya, fruits and vegetables are awesome (I can say that now, but previous--before this last month, I HATED vegetables and was scared to get fruit, because so many people say the sugars are fattening. HA! Fruits are what I now call
    "God's Candy" and they hype me up so much in the morning, that's when I attack my workouts and it's just awesome.

Lastly, people/my neighbors have been commenting on how beautiful I look--which before last month...they NEVER did!
  • runfrommygenes
    Options
    saving to watch later! THANKS!!!
  • _persephone_
    _persephone_ Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I think so many of us are scared to try this because it's such a deviation from the norm. I have a family and am trying to ease them into a Paleo Diet :)

My kids seem to really enjoy most Paleo recipes that I've made so far (though as you can likely tell from my other comments on this thread, it is not a million miles away from how I usually cook). They are very unlikely to give up toast any time soon though.
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    All foods are processed to an extent....so eating no processed foods would cause one to starve to death.

What the hell are you talking about?!?
  • chrystee
    chrystee Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    oops
  • chrystee
    Options
    All foods are processed to an extent....so eating no processed foods would cause one to starve to death.

They are talking like, breads, pastas, off the shelf foods. Unprocessed foods: meats, fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds, healthy oils.
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options

You are pretty much grossly misinformed....

Just sayin'.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    5ey55c.jpg
  • 1Timothy4v8
    1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I am such a BIG beliver in food being the only real medication! thank you for sharing this <3
  • TayJoMama
    TayJoMama Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later.
  • gregavila
    gregavila Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this video. It truly is a compelling reason to shift from eating packaged and processed foods to a more natural and whole diet.

And you can enjoy meat without eating packaged or CAFO raised meats. Find a good source of organic, natural raised meat. You will find that it also tastes about 1000x's better than CAFO meat as well.
  • chrystee
    Options
    I completely agree. In an ideal world, I would love to have a Paleo (primal) diet. However, I dont think that will ever happen given my particular lifestyle. BUT I am laying off the grains and eating gobs of veggies, fruits, good fats, and lots of protein. (MFP's protein settings are WAY too low).

Gots to make my body healthy and build muscle!

Really? Why? We are pretty much a paleo family.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this video. It truly is a compelling reason to shift from eating packaged and processed foods to a more natural and whole diet.

And you can enjoy meat without eating packaged or CAFO raised meats. Find a good source of organic, natural raised meat. You will find that it also tastes about 1000x's better than CAFO meat as well.

I've eaten organic grassfed beef before. I'll be honest, I couldn't taste the difference.
  • AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    5ey55c.jpg

LOL!!!!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    5ey55c.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options

I've eaten organic grassfed beef before. I'll be honest, I couldn't taste the difference.

You probably had grassfed that was grain finished. Grassfed, grass finished beef is very different tasting.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    I started eating like this 1 month and 2 days ago, because I was developing these really hideous and SCARY rashes/legions all over my body and the doctor couldn't figure it out, suggested it was possibly a few things, gave me a prescription for some SUPER EXPENSIVE pills & ULTRA OUT OF THIS WORLD EXPENSIVE topical stuff--it didn't get better and when I saw as one of her diagnosis or potential symptoms was obesity...I threw the gauntlet down, begged God to help me and show me what to do to get well and to make a New Life/New Start...if He would show me how to think, eat and live from now on, I'll DO IT--no matter what--I said YES I WILL--just show me Lord, but also PLEASE give me the power to do it too.

All that to say, He showed me my "issues" were inside as well as out--and among other things I stopped cold turkey eating and drinking:

coffee
    sodas, juices (other than my home-made fresh pressed juices)
    dairy products
    package/process foods (junk foods)
    eating out at fast food restaurants
    ALL meats (chicken, pork, beef, lamb)
    No more sweets/processed sugars
    No more processed/refined bakery goods
    Everything I have been filling my body with for many, many, MANY years--cold turkey I stopped it ALL-no side effects, no cravings, no withdrals, nothing but good results:

I lost 15 pounds in 1 month and every day the scale in creeping down and down and down

I'm losing inches from just everywhere on my body

My eye-sight is getting better...things are not as blurry as they used to be

my mental state is 100% better, I no longer feel sluggish, evil, bitter, bummed out but instead feel a daily vim and vigor that I haven't felt in 30+ years! My attitude towards myself and life are getting better and better and it's like I'm a whole new person slowly coming out of a "shell" or something.

My nails, skin and hair looks fabulous

I substituted negative and hateful thoughts and attitudes with exercise and daily fresh air, sunshine and walking.

I substituted processed sweets and baddies (why should I call them "goodies") for fresh juicy fruits and veggies
    I substituted processed sugary empty calorie drinks like juice and pop for WATER
    I substituted meats for pole & trolled caught Tuna and wild salmon and nuts and seeds
    I substituted dairy for vegan/glutten free products, which like everything else I started, initially tasted weird, but now I LOVE THEM and crave them instead of the other "junk"

I stopped watching and listening to vulgar and senseless negative news & shows and reading and replaced them with classical music and excellent reading materials. I promised God if He would help me and show me a NEW lifestyle and help me live it, I'd give Him ALL the glory, honor and praise. Which I'm doing and let me tell ya...one of the things He used to help me on this NEW WAY of living, eating, and thinking is "eating NO MORE processed food"

Thank you for posting and reading this. Also, to see an example of how I now eat...check my food dairy

P.S. nine or more cups are very doable by juicing raw ORGANIC veggies--you just get the juice from tons, and MAN....let me tell ya--no alcohol in the world can touch the "high" you get, the energy and WOW from jucing fresh organic fruits and veggies. I'm telling ya, fruits and vegetables are awesome (I can say that now, but previous--before this last month, I HATED vegetables and was scared to get fruit, because so many people say the sugars are fattening. HA! Fruits are what I now call
    "God's Candy" and they hype me up so much in the morning, that's when I attack my workouts and it's just awesome.

Lastly, people/my neighbors have been commenting on how beautiful I look--which before last month...they NEVER did!

Awesome, clean foods do wonders for the body!!

I do eat chicken, turkey, lamb and beef, but they are all free range and grass fed. I am willing to pay more money for high quality foods.

Our fish is either pole caught (spring and summer fishers here) and if I eat salmon, tuna, etc they are all wild caught.