Almost 50lb lost in 6 months [Pics]

Replies

• great photos - what was your starting bfat%? what was your weekly target fat loss?, did the target stay the same or did you change it?

I started at 30% 3 months ago - I am at about 20% now and was wondering how long it was going to take to get to 13- 15% I suspect it is another 3 months by the look of it.
  • keifus18
    keifus18 Posts: 4 Member
    way to go man, amazingness lol !!
  • Wow looking good. Keep up the good work.
  • sheri02r
    sheri02r Posts: 486 Member
    You look great! Keep up the good work! :)
  • paisley2288
    paisley2288 Posts: 913 Member
    good job!!
  • _Kitten_Kate
    _Kitten_Kate Posts: 520 Member
    Very nicely done...
    ....dang men and their high metabolisms and testosterone! ;)
  • SoliQ
    SoliQ Posts: 158 Member
    Great job and amazing results!
  • lou1618
    lou1618 Posts: 96 Member
    amazing results.. looking good!!! I am married so I cant say HOT!!!
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    wow - you look great! great job!!
  • danielpinkney
    danielpinkney Posts: 44 Member
    Thanks for all the fantastic comments guys, really helps to keep the motivation going!! :D

In response to some of the questions… I started off around 28% body fat.
    (Used http://home.fuse.net/clymer/bmi/ to calculate this btw). Here's the stats since October...

Stats.jpg

Never had a weekly body fat target, just concentrated on and all round exercise regime and a protein rich diet and used the scales, mirror and notches in the belt as a guide to how I was progressing. Came across this site as I needed to get a closer look at my calorie intake and see what type of foods/nutrients I should be consuming as I felt I was beginning to plateau (this is where the carb/fat/protein ration comes in handy). Must say not only has it helped kick started the fat loss again, it's made me far more food conscious - great to help maintain a healthier lifestyle.

For workouts I do running (I use the RunKeeper iPhone app - http://runkeeper.com/user/danielpinkney/profile) and started doing boxercise and circuit classes every week. I have a pair of powerblock dumbbells and a bench at home so was able to do quite a bit of strength work there. However I recently bought 'You are Your Own Gym' book and iPhone app which gives you a range of bodyweight exercises that can be done virtually anywhere without the need for equipment - this allows me to keep on top of things when it's difficult to get to the gym. To be honest I have only managed to get in three weight sessions at the gym since I joined about a month back! I try and split the week up so I do the following routine, although I do change it every now and again. I do cardio (running) every day if possible, although I'm beginning to scale this down and concentrate on strength work…

Monday: chest/Biceps
    Tuesday: Legs
    Wed: Abs
    Thursday: Back/Triceps
    Friday: Shoulders

Hope that sheds some light and helps a few peeps!

Thanks again for the comments. Made my day!
  • MrsFelton2010
    MrsFelton2010 Posts: 339 Member
    Wow GREAT transformation!!
  • danielpinkney
    I started at 30% 3 months ago - I am at about 20% now and was wondering how long it was going to take to get to 13- 15% I suspect it is another 3 months by the look of it.

Yeah the last 3 months have been a bit slow compared to the first three. Lost just under 3 stone in the first three months and just over half a stone since then. Obviously it gets harder as you have less body fat to lose but did think it would be a little quicker. That was one of the reasons I looked and found this site... I felt I was beginning to plateau and thought it best to take a closer look at my nutrition and food intake and get the right balance for the level of exercise I'm doing. Seems to have worked given I've lost a couple of pounds in four days. It's also making me more aware of my water intake and am consistently drinking 3-4 litres per day. Daresay it will be ten times harder to get down to something like 10% body fat but I'm up for the challenge :)
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    excellent!! You look great!!
  • NicolettetheGreek
    NicolettetheGreek Posts: 246 Member
    My hubbie would kill me for saying this, but YUMMMMMMMMMMMMM!:bigsmile:
  • danielpinkney
    With latest pics...

4stagefitness2.jpg
  • bellevie23
    bellevie23 Posts: 208 Member
    BOW CHICKA WOW WOW!

2nd this :) You look great!
  • CDresp
    CDresp Posts: 201 Member
    ROCK ON, DUDE!!! :drinker:
  • FORGVN
    FORGVN Posts: 20
    Bump for continued inspiration! Just incredible!
  • LUVNME94
    LUVNME94 Posts: 34
    Wow you look amazing! Awesome progress! Thanks for the inspiration.
  • LUVNME94
    LUVNME94 Posts: 34
    BOW CHICKA WOW WOW!

2nd this :) You look great!

I THIRD THIS!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!