Hole crap guys....

Options

Replies

• PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    We all have those moments.

You're not disgusting. You're a human being. Human beings are genetically predisposed to packing away insane quantities of food because we are hunters / gatherers. Food wasn't guaranteed, so we are genetically programmed to shovel it away.

I can, in fact, remember a time when I ate BAG of potato chips, a 1 pound bag of m&ms, a sleeve of oreos, and most of a pint of ice cream....
  • hexrei
    hexrei Posts: 163
    Options
    I did that last weekend when my sister came to visit - burger, fries, onion rings! I felt bad and I STILL logged it in as a reminder how fast it all adds up....shake it off and you will be fine :)
    Can we define "binge"? This is frankly insulting. Eating a hamburger is completely unrelated to binging.

On behalf of proud bingers, you are insulted by the idea of a single hamburger constituting binging?
  • AngelaChase84
    Options
    I don't think you folks who are coming here saying "that's not a binge" are being really helpful. A binge is defined by the feelings surrounding the intake of food, not the ACTUAL intake of food. Just as one can binge on things that are healthy, one can binge and STILL have the calorie intake for the day be within normal limits.

To the OP: try to look at your feelings surrounding the binge; what led to it; how you felt afterward. Try to figure out what you might do next time you are faced with a similar circumstances or feelings. As another poster mentioned, do NOT react by restricting your intake for the rest of the day/week drastically; basically, just get right back on your plan and carry on. No punitive exercising is allowed either. Just evaluate what happened and then move on.

I have problems with binge eating to and I think the above advice is the best anyone has offered! Besides the fact that YOU aren't disgusting. We all think of ourselves with more criticism than others do and you are taking steps to feel good; don't let one incident, or a few, or many, define you are derail your thinking! You have worth! This is coming from the girl who ate frosting lathered on pancakes from the fridge a few weeks ago ;)
  • GdeVries
    GdeVries Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I usually refer to it as a crap hole, not a hole crap....

ah, a funny girl

;p
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    To those saying that "1000 calories is not a binge", as someone who constantly struggles with binging, I don't think it's that simple. Is it a little lower on the spectrum as far as binging can go? Sure! I can easily polish off 3000 calories on a self-destructive, determined binge. The point is, binging tends to be such an unconscious action, that at least for me, it makes me feel so out of control, whether I ate 500 calories extra, or 3000.

Drink lots of water, and I hope you feel better tomorrow :)
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I ate a 900 cal burrito the other day....
  • kittenmitton
    kittenmitton Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Wow, really? Commenting and saying "that's not a binge" is not helpful at all. It is a binge if someone eats what they feel to be an unusually large amount of calories in one sitting and/or if someone feels out of control with their eating or intense guilt after eating. Maybe you don't consider 1000 calories in 1 sitting huge, but if someone is eating nearly twice their recommended intake in one sitting, yes, that is a binge. I've struggled with binging too and while I may not eat 3000 calories in a binge, I eat wel over twice my limit when I'm not even hungry and feel insanely guilty about it afterwards.

Anyways, op, I'm sure you figured out a way to compensate for it by now. I know people say its not the healthiest choice since it could tend to lead to bullimia, but I always exercise after I have a binge and try to work off at least half the calories I ate. Working out always makes me feel a lot better about myself anyways, so I don't feel as guilty, disgusting, piggish, etc.
  • TheTwinsMomy
    TheTwinsMomy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    happens...........just dont do it all the time, and 1000 isn't that much of a binge...........a red robin burger and fries is like 1500........

Glad you counted those calories for me...I'm saving up for Sat when we go eat there!
  • maryjay51
    Options
    you'll live
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    So I just binged, and I usually don't log binges... but I logged this one, and I ate over 1,000 calories.
    1,000 calories.
    In one sitting.
    I'm just so shocked by this.
    Holy crap guys, I'm freaking disgusting.
    I thought you were posting something serious. Going back to sleep.
  • Phrak
    Phrak Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    shiii, wish i could limit my binges to 1000 calories. Mine are usually 15 to 20 times as much. Dont worry about it though, take everything one day at a time.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I probably ate near that amount last night, had McDonald's. But I don't feel bad as I haven't had it in a while and it was a very rare occasion. Enjoy it, but don't do it often!
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Relax......its only one day.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Burgerking Triple Whopper with cheese and bacon, and large fry. Mmmmm...good. The death burger blows your tiny 1000 calorie binge out of the water. Every now and then its okay just don't make it a daily habit. Get it out of your system and move on.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    So is that top hole crap or bottom hole crap? most of the things I like to binge on are top hole heaven but because they have wheat are middle system murder and bottom hole crap.
  • swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Pffffttt... lightweight! :happy:

I went completely bonkers on Monday and did an almost 5000 cal binge- I was -2999 when it all shook out!

Havent done that in months and have no idea why I did it. But it happens.

Just get your head back in the good place, shrug it off and carry on.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I did that last weekend when my sister came to visit - burger, fries, onion rings! I felt bad and I STILL logged it in as a reminder how fast it all adds up....shake it off and you will be fine :)
    Can we define "binge"? This is frankly insulting. Eating a hamburger is completely unrelated to binging.

On behalf of proud bingers, you are insulted by the idea of a single hamburger constituting binging?

I'm sort of insulted by this too, I know a thing or two about binging and I call a burger and fries friday night dinner with my boys. binging usually entails getting out the quackes, peanut butter, chocolate chips, wine, rice works, other quakes, salsa, and then realizing that I still haven't satisfied my craving.
  • andygettinfitt
    Options
    Keep calm, drink chai, and it will be ok!
    this...just simmer down. we have all done this, doesnt mean your disgusting.
  • rockrosie
    rockrosie Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    A set back is slipping up, losing focus, getting busy, giving in, getting lazy.

A failure is giving up on yourself.

You had a setback. Get back on the horse and ride!
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Holy crap guys, I'm freaking disgusting.

Oh, please.