Replies

• Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Typical breakfast for me. :)
  • kag1526
    kag1526 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Last week I went to the cheesecake factory and had a 1000 calorie piece of cake... it was awesome.

Yeah and that was with a milk shake, and my meal. (although half the cake was eaten after for dinner since I wasn't hungry for a real dinner after the huge lunch).

Do to not doing so well during the rest of the week I was even over my goal for the whole week... and you know what I still didn't gain. I actually lost weight still. Its not the end of the world. If your diet can be ruined that easily its not sustainable. Your going to splurge sometimes.

I think about it like my normal budget. Sometimes I may blow almost a full 2 week paycheck in one week on something large. That doesn't mean I spend more then I make, it just means I bought a lot that week.
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    1000 is a binge to a 11 year old girl.
    You are so funny! I love your comments.

1000 calorie bing happens...and then some.... But logging it is BRAVE, HONEST and AWESOME!!! Keep it up!!!
  • gregavila
    gregavila Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Hell...that's nothing. We went out to brunch last weekend and I think I ate almost 2,000 calories in the one meal.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    1000 calories is a binge? That's a medium sized dinner or lunch.

Word. That's a typical dinner for me.
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I did that last weekend when my sister came to visit - burger, fries, onion rings! I felt bad and I STILL logged it in as a reminder how fast it all adds up....shake it off and you will be fine :)
    Can we define "binge"? This is frankly insulting. Eating a hamburger is completely unrelated to binging.

On behalf of proud bingers, you are insulted by the idea of a single hamburger constituting binging?

I'm sort of insulted by this too, I know a thing or two about binging and I call a burger and fries friday night dinner with my boys. binging usually entails getting out the quackes, peanut butter, chocolate chips, wine, rice works, other quakes, salsa, and then realizing that I still haven't satisfied my craving.

I don't think anyone should be insulted (hugs). To each their own. To me a binge would be a burger and fries. And I'm not saying I"M GOOD all the time...I'm saying when I do eat those types of meals, I'm not happy with myself for not having the discipline for eating right....But that is ME. I mean "literally" I think that Binging is similar to what you're describing...but to some of us, it's how we describe just letting loose...:)
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Eeek - some of my regular, healthy meals are close to 1000 calories. I didn't know this was a binge?
  • HollyRutledge
    HollyRutledge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Keep calm, drink chai, and it will be ok!
  • CrazyDaisysMommy
    Options
    but you logged it - you didn't hide it from yourself, or from us, that's strength right there. knowing is half the battle, and the other half is not killing yourself over doing it. back in saddle and ride, girl!!

I agree! Take note of why it happened and then learn from it. And forgive yourself. :flowerforyou:
  • pauliesgirl
    pauliesgirl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You are NOT disgusting, you are human . It happens to all of us, don't beat yourself up. Maybe workout a little more it will really make you feel better.
  • millikenhomeschool
    Options
    Hi,

You say you are a Christian. Give this whole weight loss process to Jesus. Give him the praises for your successes and allow him to help you when it gets difficult. He will help you along the way.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    So I just binged, and I usually don't log binges... but I logged this one, and I ate over 1,000 calories.
    1,000 calories.
    In one sitting.
    I'm just so shocked by this.
    Holy crap guys, I'm freaking disgusting.
    I usually do that at lunch.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Well, I do think we need to be careful about using such emotional, trigger loaded, ED based language. Binge, the word means a complete lack of control. As someone who used to drug binge and who still occasionally booze binges (I know, I know...I'm growing out of it slowly) I wouldn't say 1000 calories, which is a typical meal for someone not dieting, counts as a binge.
  • junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    This is why binges should be logged. Just because you don't log them doesn't mean it didn't happen....
  • MarincicS
    MarincicS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Yes, i just did the same thing tonight. It was only a burger and fries. Too much food, but unbelievably calorie-dense. I will have an extra work out tomorrow and drink at least 12 glasses of water! Not much else to be done, except to stay on the wagon.
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    do not feel that way!! 1000 calories is totally a workable number - as far as burning it back off and overcoming this. Go for a walk (or whatever you like to do to exercise) and start drinking some water.

I have a problem with binging too. My binges are WAY over 1000 calories, and I feel like a horrible person afterwards. I know how crippling it feels though to think that you gave in and let yourself do this after working hard. Its the fact that you felt you lost control of your eating, but it will be okay.

Stay here with us at MFP and dont give up. I'm glad you logged it so you know the damage you've done. Your MFP friends are all here to help you with this!!
  • openskybeach
    openskybeach Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Yeah, 1000 cals is not so bad. Like everyone says, you owned it, you logged it, you recognized...Now just correct it. Do well today, or the rest of your day, whatever the case. I'm a binger, and I had one last week, but more importantly, I logged it to see what I did, and because all I could think about was my MFP friends while I had my mini binge, it was just that, a mini binge. I didnt go all out like I might have before. And the next day, I drank water, exercised and adjusted my calories to correct the situation. (And yet, got the binge out of my system.) You can do this, we cant beat up on ourselves to much, we need to recognize, correct as best we can, and move on. WE GOT THIS! Friends, feel free to add me, I love supportive friends and being there for them as well. You guys all rock.
  • spiralated
    spiralated Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    It wasnt so much the calories but the hit on my sodium level I couldnt risk!! I'm still having a burger for dinner but baking the patty in the oven so I can control what goes in my mouth. Thanks for sharing everyone and keep up the good work, forget the bad!!

And that's what we're all here to learn to do! Fulfill our desires in a healthy and conscientious way!
  • davegruper
    davegruper Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    It happens and its ok every once-in-a-while. When I do that or have a bad weigh-in, I remind myself that I am interested in my overall weight and health in 3 months - not this week. Slow and steady - have faith in the MFP math and you can acheive your goals.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I dont consider that a binge honestly. Thats a typical restaraunt meal.

^^THIS. It's lower than some restaurant meals. A meal at chili's can be over 2000.