Do you have a big deck??

Options

Replies

• MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Mine is made of hard wood. :smile:

Every once in a while though it is best to get some moisture on it so it properly swells
    Also I find tongue in groove is a good way to get it constructed.

Yes! Great point Carl. It is vital that you keep your deck moisturized… a dry deck, big or small, is not pretty to look at! It’s nice to have a pool so your company can get wet.... wet company on a big deck helps to make sure everyone is having a good time!
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    I wish my big deck was portable.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options

Every once in a while though it is best to get some moisture on it so it properly swells

Yes! Great point Carl. It is vital that you keep your deck moisturized… a dry deck, big or small, is not pretty to look at! It’s nice to have a pool so your company can get wet.... wet company on a big deck helps to make sure everyone is having a good time!

For sure,a shrunken deck is a sad thing indeed.
    Hopefully the proper amount of moisture comes naturally but in the event it doesn`t one will have to take matters in their own hand and apply it themselves.
  • MiniMichelle
    Options
    I wish my big deck was portable.

It might not be portable but if your deck is big then people will come to your big deck....If you build it, they will cum...
  • mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    But see tongue and groove sometimes is a big mess!
  • MiniMichelle
    Options

For sure,a shrunken deck is a sad thing indeed.
    Hopefully the proper amount of moisture comes naturally but in the event it doesn`t one will have to take matters in their own hand and apply it themselves.

Well in case you can’t get the moisture naturally, they sell both water and silicone based lubricants for decks…
  • jheath123
    Options
    My deck is in direct sunlight you're welcome to rest your buns on it it get a tan.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    My deck is much bigger than yours and anyone that says otherwise is just jealous of my huge deck. I put other decks to shame!!!
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    SO... is a deck that has bowed wood something that should be cherished or would you replace the wood for something new? I mean it really isn't in a place that bothers anyone.
  • MiniMichelle
    Options
    My deck is in direct sunlight you're welcome to rest your buns on it it get a tan.

Yes! I don’t get much sun here in WA. If you can get clothing I can come style your doggie.
  • MiniMichelle
    Options
    My deck is much bigger than yours and anyone that says otherwise is just jealous of my huge deck. I put other decks to shame!!!

You have a big deck?? Wow I am impressed!!
  • katelafitty
    Options
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

enough said
  • jheath123
    Options

Yes! I don’t get much sun here in WA. If you can get clothing I can come style your doggie.

I won't dress my dogs lol.
  • MiniMichelle
    Options
    SO... is a deck that has bowed wood something that should be cherished or would you replace the wood for something new? I mean it really isn't in a place that bothers anyone.

I think a slight bow in the wood is OK. I don’t think anyone’s deck is 100% straight. Althought if the deck is really bowed then it might not be as enjoyable to sit on… you have to find the right spot to make sure you are having a good time…. And that can be hard work on a really bowed deck.
  • Carl01
    Options
    But see tongue and groove sometimes is a big mess!

It can be but if the deck owner does a proper clean up usually all partys are happy with that method.
  • bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I have a little deck.....
  • loislane22
    Options
    ahahaha, thanks for the laughs, i needed that!
  • Carl01
    Options
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

enough said

You would be just perfect on my deck. :smile:
  • MiniMichelle
    Options
    I won't dress my dogs lol.

Well that is surprising, never met a fella that didn’t like styled doggies on his deck. :noway:
  • MiniMichelle
    Options
    I have a little deck.....

It was recommended that you trim the bush around your deck to make it look bigger... have you tried that??