Do you have a big deck??

Options

Replies

• HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    My deck is much bigger than yours and anyone that says otherwise is just jealous of my huge deck. I put other decks to shame!!!

You have a big deck?? Wow I am impressed!!

Thank you, I worked hard on it
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I have a little deck.....

It was recommended that you trim the bush around your deck to make it look bigger... have you tried that??
    pssst That doesn't work
  • johnnsmith803
    Options
    Wow, I needed that laugh for the day.... and you couldn't imagine how long it took me to figure out what was going on... I'm slow like that after a long day at work but.... My decks available for party rentals..
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Mine is made of hard wood. :smile:

Every once in a while though it is best to get some moisture on it so it properly swells
    Also I find tongue in groove is a good way to get it constructed.

Yes! Great point Carl. It is vital that you keep your deck moisturized… a dry deck, big or small, is not pretty to look at! It’s nice to have a pool so your company can get wet.... wet company on a big deck helps to make sure everyone is having a good time!

For sure,a shrunken deck is a sad thing indeed.
    Hopefully the proper amount of moisture comes naturally but in the event it doesn`t one will have to take matters in their own hand and apply it themselves.

Well in case you can’t get the moisture naturally, they sell both water and silicone based lubricants for decks…

I have heard that the state of KY has the best. :smile:
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Hate mine. The paint is always peeling, and the pine straw is always stuck. Lord I need a yard man.
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options

Weird... I wonder how they came up with the phrase "Everything's bigger in Texas" I just assumed they meant decks too!
  • MiniMichelle
    Options
    Wow, I needed that laugh for the day.... and you couldn't imagine how long it took me to figure out what was going on... I'm slow like that after a long day at work but.... My decks available for party rentals..

Very few people have rentable decks…but I guess that depends on the state and area too. I have heard most usually pay people to sit and play on their deck.
  • rayleansout
    Options
    My deck is famous for group gatherings!
  • Carl01
    Options

Weird... I wonder how they came up with the phrase "Everything's bigger in Texas" I just assumed they meant decks too!

Possibly so but with the temperature what it is there I bet no one feels like being on a deck or for that matter using it for anything at all. :frown:
  • MiniMichelle
    Options
    My deck is famous for group gatherings!

Carl must be right with his theory then.... I mean you do live in KY.
  • alharbour
    alharbour Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    LOL I enjoyed reading this...I needed a good laugh! :happy:
  • MiniMichelle
    Options
    Possibly so but with the temperature what it is there I bet no one feels like being on a deck or for that matter using it for anything at all. :frown:

This is very true good point. I think they go on the decks quickly... If I remember correctly they are called "quickies"... I could be wrong though... its been a while since i have visited a deck quickly.. .I generally like to enjoy the deck as long as possible.
  • Carl01
    Options

This is very true good point. I think they go on the decks quickly... If I remember correctly they are called "quickies"... I could be wrong though... its been a while since i have visited a deck quickly.. .I generally like to enjoy the deck as long as possible.

Who can blame a person for that and trust me,the owner of the deck likes a person to enjoy what they have to offer. :smokin:
  • bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    .... My decks available for party rentals..

lol
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    I love sitting on a big deck with friends.

Lol...How's that workin' for ya?
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Options
    Mine is made of hard wood. :smile:

Every once in a while though it is best to get some moisture on it so it properly swells
    Also I find tongue in groove is a good way to get it constructed.

My husband will thank you later:wink:
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    I've heard the darker wood decks are just naturally bigger than the lighter wood. ??
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Options
    I've heard the darker wood decks are just naturally bigger than the lighter wood. ??

And yours would be...lighter wood? Ok, thanks for the info.
  • MiniMichelle
    Options

bahahahahahaha :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    The exotic wood deck is great to try out. You could always ask that rich neighbor guy, you know the one with the funny accent. I bet his deck is of exotic wood. He would probably invite friend too.