Military Spouses?

Options
Any military spouses out there? My husband is Air Force, just left for a TDY, and looking for some support on the long long road I have to a healthy weight!

Replies

• baxgilter
    baxgilter Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    While I am not a military spouse I am trying to enlist in the Army. Part of why I needed to loose weight. Id still love to be part of your support system. Its up to you, good luck, and stay positive!
  • tanigrrrrr
    tanigrrrrr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    My husband isnt in the miliatry, but his job does mean that we spend absolutely no time together, an hour here or there occassionally and never a day off together.
    Its hard to motivate yourself some days and sometimes i dont feel like cooking healthy for one... but you will get there im sure.
  • colleenob1
    colleenob1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My husband is Navy...When he is gone, I usually take that time to experiment with new recipes :)
  • clemsontiger78
    clemsontiger78 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Navy wife of 10 1/2 years. Now my husband lives out of state going to medical school and comes home on weekends. While deployments can suck, they provide a great time to try out the new recipes and find new things that you love to do.
  • cbh142
    cbh142 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    My husband was a Marine and went to Iraq before we were together. I don't know what you are going through, but I'd be happy to help.
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    HI! I'm a military spouse as well as active duty, we are both in the Navy. I am currently on my shore duty while my husband is completing his sea time onboard a submarine. He is out to sea a lot and when he's inport, I often feel like he might as well be out since he comes home so late in the evening.

I've been working on my fitness journey for a while and was doing great while he was on deployment but just days prior to his return I ruptured my Achilles tendon which caused everything to come to a standstill and causing all of my hardwork to unravel.
  • Suzy_in_DE
    Suzy_in_DE Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hey There - I was active duty and reserves and married to an Army Reservist for 3 years before we both retired. Please feel free to friend me.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. My husband was active duty for 23 years and retired not too long ago and started a second career. You're welcome to friend me.
  • Srdking
    Srdking Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Mine is active duty. He's been deployed for awhile now:(
  • Loseweight1980
    Options
    I am not a spouse, but I'm active duty Air Force, and for a bit I was married to another active duty Air Force member. Feel free to friend me, I'm sure you have this spouse thing down, but I've been in just over 10 yrs, and if you have any questions, feel free :-)
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    My husband was in the M.C., but got out about a year ago. (Yay!) He did two deployments while we were together. For me, him being gone gave me more time to focus on fitness (and focusing on fitness kept me busy). Also, this sounds crazy, but I started pole dancing during his first deployment as a homecoming surprise for him, so whenever I worked on that, or worked out in general, it reminded me that he was coming home, and that I was going to have this cool surprise for him. I'm not saying you have to do that exactly, but if you can come up with a goal to work towards that he will enjoy too, that might help. Feel free to friend me if you like.
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    My guy is Army Guard & currently deployed. It stinks but my son will eat nearly anything I put in front of him so I have free rein in the kitchen right now!

Feel free to friend me!
  • RightNowWellness
    RightNowWellness Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am an Army veteran who husband is still in. Whenever he deploys I eat much better. It is one of the only perks. He loves sugar and its always around the house when he is home. I tend to not eat out as much by myself. I also love picking out dresses to wear for his homecomings. That keeps me motivated to eat well while he is gone.
    if there is anything I can do to offer support, please just contact me. Good luck.
  • arickim
    arickim Posts: 137
    Options
    Air Force spouse for 12+ years. We are currently stationed at Kirtland. I am loving this site....arickim is my name, add me if you want
  • KNSmith984
    Options
    im an army of wife of almost 3yrs ... was so excited to see military spouses! i love when we can help each other out!
  • kristypie
    kristypie Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    My husband is in the Marine Corps. Currently on his 5th deployment since we have been married. I'd love to support you! Sending a friend request now. Any of you reading this are welcome to add me, too. Just send a little note! :smile:
  • nikkibyrdRN
    nikkibyrdRN Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Army wife! :) We've been through deployments, TDY's...the works! I do much better at losing weight when he's gone! ;) You can do it!!
  • Lorrie_73
    Lorrie_73 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Air Force wife here. My husband just retired and adjusting the civilian life. I am prior Army and we met in Baghdad.
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    Army wife! :) We've been through deployments, TDY's...the works! I do much better at losing weight when he's gone! ;) You can do it!!

I have gained almost 10lbs since my husbands been back.
    I like to enjoy my meals with him now that he is home :)
  • SpitfireStacey
    SpitfireStacey Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Marine wife of 8 years, together 10. 2 deployments, lots of courses, conferences and schools but still going strong. Here if you need :)